Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The future for electric cars - Citroen Oli

First_Lexus

Ok, so this is a concept car with (officially) no plans for production. However, this is REALLY clever and imho represents a far more realistic vision for the future of motoring than increasingly heavy and expensive EVs.

Brilliant. Vive la difference! And…”because French.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this Ed.

To me this is one of the biggest benefits of the move to electric, the fact that it's prompted manufacturers to totally rethink how cars can be made.

Many of the negatives surrounding EVs come from the fact that current cars involve little more than fitting a Battery and  electric motors to existing designs. With real innovation, like this, it will be interesting to see what other manufacturers can come with over the next 10-20 years.

• Like 2

As far as I'm concerned Citroen never had a plot to lose when it comes to looks and aesthetics and have always made ugly things, but this one really has fallen out of the tallest ugly tree in the world and hasn't just hit every branch on the way down but has been actively thrashed by them!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Herbie said:

As far as I'm concerned Citroen never had a plot to lose when it comes to looks and aesthetics and have always made ugly things

I agree with you on this vehicle, but not the original DS surely....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Herbie said:

As far as I'm concerned Citroen never had a plot to lose when it comes to looks and aesthetics and have always made ugly things, but this one really has fallen out of the tallest ugly tree in the world and hasn't just hit every branch on the way down but has been actively thrashed by them!

Herbie is waxing lyircal lads ! Beautiful, he should do it more often, perhaps ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

a nice old fashioned DS Citroen from the 1970's in EV form would be a nice to have car methinks

Citroen made some fabulous designed cars, it just needs the best of those to be re-jigged

Malc

On 10/30/2022 at 4:39 PM, First_Lexus said:

Ok, so this is a concept car with (officially) no plans for production. However, this is REALLY clever and imho represents a far more realistic vision for the future of motoring than increasingly heavy and expensive EVs.

Brilliant. Vive la difference! And…”because French.”

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Looking back at the traction avant with the vertical windscreen and minimalist interior maybe not so avant-garde after all 😎

3 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Brilliant 👍worthy successor to the mini moke? 

4 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Brilliant 👍worthy successor to the mini moke? 

and the 2CV and the renault 4.

Finally a company that goes a different route. Less is more. 250 kg (!!!) and only 9999 Euro. I love this thing

• Like 3

No comment about the car but I've been in love with Ginny for decades. And she's a Rochdale lass.

Ok comment on the car. I think the thinking behind it is genius. It weighs a ton and goes for 250 miles? Definitely Not a performance car in any respect and fast enough for our congested roads. As fir looks? Typical Citroën fantastic lunatic brilliance. 

• Like 6

On 10/31/2022 at 3:18 PM, Malc1 said:

a nice old fashioned DS Citroen from the 1970's in EV form would be a nice to have car methinks

Citroen made some fabulous designed cars, it just needs the best of those to be re-jigged

Malc

Very nice, except for the realy comfortable hydraulic suspension that needed a Citroën workshop every 10K km.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

and the 2CV and the renault 4.

Finally a company that goes a different route. Less is more. 250 kg (!!!) and only 9999 Euro. I love this thing

Crossed a river often in a R4. Could be repaired with a little toolbox.

• Like 1

i said it before, the competition for Lexus will not come from Germany but China. This is just one of the examples of a Chinese manufacturer that will appeal to western tastes. They seem to know how to design and build cars now, safety top notch 5 stars, attractive prices and full of kit. Buildquality and fit and finish? just look where they were 5 years ago and then think 5 years ahead..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

i said it before, the competition for Lexus will not come from Germany but China. This is just one of the examples of a Chinese manufacturer that will appeal to western tastes. They seem to know how to design and build cars now, safety top notch 5 stars, attractive prices and full of kit. Buildquality and fit and finish? just look where they were 5 years ago and then think 5 years ahead..

Yes Bernard but you are buying the hangman's noose with which they will eventually hang you. 🙁

4 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Very nice, except for the realy comfortable hydraulic suspension that needed a Citroën workshop every 10K km.

Absolute tosh! As the resident Citroen owner here......I've owned 15 hydroneumatic Citroens over 30 years and never once have I had hydraulic problems. Never! It's become an urban myth that the suspension was dodgy, spread by jealous rivals -and re-hashed by ignorant followers. THe suspension was great and the concept of powered brakes, steering and suspension worked a treat.

Have you ever owned or driven one, John?

Both DSs and CXs have been converted to electic power and are fantastic!.

citroencx25gti3.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chris Skelton said:

Absolute tosh! As the resident Citroen owner here......I've owned 15 hydroneumatic Citroens over 30 years and never once have I had hydraulic problems. Never! It's become an urban myth that the suspension was dodgy, spread by jealous rivals -and re-hashed by ignorant followers. THe suspension was great and the concept of powered brakes, steering and suspension worked a treat.

Have you ever owned or driven one, John?

Both DSs and CXs have been converted to electic power and are fantastic!.

citroencx25gti3.jpg

I have been diving 2 of the air suspended Citroëns. Only one was mine. Though they could cross the river in high position without us getting wet feet (we sometimes did that in a R4) and the car were extremely comfortable, the one we had was in workshop to get it fixed twice (only had the car half a year) the other a friend had was being fixed rather often. Maybe roads and tracks in Africa are not the place for such cars. A Peugeot 604 never had a problem with same roads.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links