Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Aygo Hatchback 1.0 VVT-i X-Play 5dr x-shift

JeffL

Does anyone on here know anything good or bad about the Toyota Aygo Hatchback 1.0 VVT-i X-Play 5dr x-shift?  One of my daughters needs to change from her 20 year old Honda Jazz to a new model car and wants something smaller than the Jazz.

Its horrendous. Worst car Ive driven and Ive driven a fair few. Got them twice as courtesy cars when my car went into Lexus for repair.

The X-shift gearbox is a motorized manual and its very jerky. The car itself is extremely slow to the point where its dangerous and the engine is very unrefined. Id also be weary of the size of the car. Its so small that theres no real useable boot and any accident more than 40mph with another car is probably going to be fairly catastrophic. 

Im not joking when I say my son's previous very old 2006 VW Polo is a better car and I would suspect the Honda Jazz is too

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, scudney said:

Pretty good cars, the older generation aygo, 107 and c1 all shared the toyota daihatsu 1 litre engine 

Fixed it for you 😉. I Toyota own Daihatsu but it isn't a Toyota engine.

I personally went for a Yaris for my daughter, I felt the Aygo is just too small to offer any reasonable safety in a crash.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Got them twice as courtesy cars when my car went into Lexus for repair.

Why is a Lexus dealer giving you a Toyota as a loan vehicle? Even though the dealers I use have a combined Toyota/Lexus site I've always been given Lexus loan vehicle - never even a CT, always something higher up in the range.

It was an engine developed by diahatsu and Toyota now own diahatsu. Its cheap and cheerful and does the job its meant to do reliably at the end of the day lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scudney said:

It was an engine developed by diahatsu and Toyota now own diahatsu. Its cheap and cheerful and does the job its meant to do reliably at the end of the day lol 

Best car I ever had was a Daihatsu Charade. `Twas a Diesel without Power Steering and once gave me 84mpg on a trip to Wimbledon and return.

• Like 3

I guess its what you use it for. It is a city car and pretty good at that. small, nimble and easy to park. Brother in law has one drove it myself and thought it was just fine for driving around the village doing shopping using it as a second car.  Economical to run and maintain. Brings you from A to B and they sure keep their value!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

I guess its what you use it for. It is a city car and pretty good at that. small, nimble and easy to park. Brother in law has one drove it myself and thought it was just fine for driving around the village doing shopping using it as a second car.  Economical to run and maintain. Brings you from A to B and they sure keep their value!

Yes, that's exactly what my daughter wants it for.

It is pretty much like bicycle in the shape of car, very basic to the point where I would say it defeats the purpose of having a car. Didn't have much experience with latest models myself, but haven't heard any positives. It isn't even Toyota, it is made by PSA, but does have quite horrible and underpower 1L engine.

Not my decision, but I would choose something that small then perhaps older Toyota Yaris is better choice. At least that is "Toyota". I understand that there may be other questions like insurance etc. so I can't really advise on that... the easiest solution is for kids to get their own cars (my parents did that to me and I can't thank them enough). 

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Why is a Lexus dealer giving you a Toyota as a loan vehicle? Even though the dealers I use have a combined Toyota/Lexus site I've always been given Lexus loan vehicle - never even a CT, always something higher up in the range.

Yeah - I would not accept Aygo. That said I had fair share of CT and UX recently... seems like times of IS or better are gone. Although I had loaded NX when RC went for warranty work. Probably depends on what one is driving, but certainly not Toyota from Lexus dealer.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Best car I ever had was a Daihatsu Charade. `Twas a Diesel without Power Steering and once gave me 84mpg on a trip to Wimbledon and return.

My 1993 Daihatsu Charade CXi was my favourite car as well. Brilliant little thing, loved it!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 9:17 PM, ColinBarber said:

Well technically it wasnt the dealer but a bodyshop that they use in their dealer group  

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 9:17 PM, ColinBarber said:

Why is a Lexus dealer giving you a Toyota, as a loan vehicle? Even though the dealers I use have a combined Toyota/Lexus site I've always been given Lexus loan vehicle - never even a CT, always something higher up in the range.

If Lexus here would give a Toyota it would be better than now when I have to either take a taxi or walk 4km home (and to pick it up 4km back again).

On 12/12/2022 at 4:42 PM, mikey2001 said:

Kia Picanto might be worth a look at too (almost identical to the i10).

I would any day prefer the Hyundai i10 to the Picanto. When needing to rent a car it normally is a Hyundai, once I did have a Picanto and did not like it at all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links