Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

I arrived home this evening to find a letter from Lexus Finance. Basically my final statement on my UX, as the contract ends in September. “It’s time to make a decision”, it says.

I was going to send my next chase-up to Customer Relations at the end of this week anyway, but now that I've seen this come through, I'll get it sent tonight. Fortunately I've already got a draft 'on the go' so it shouldn't take me too long to finish it.

On 5/3/2023 at 12:28 PM, imgo said:

Just had an email from my dealership stating that my NX350h Takumi (ordered 12th February 2022) has today gone into build. Yippee. They also sent a screenshot of their computer system showing "In  Build", so no BS. The LexusLink app has not updated as yet.

The long long wait is almost over, at least things are starting to move quicker now for everyone. 

Not for me, unfortunately. :sad: Given you placed yours three months earlier of my own Takumi order, that could mean it would be sometime in August before I could hear anything progressing with my own, if we're looking at the same time frame.

15 months without so much as a build date. Ouch.

On 5/6/2023 at 5:47 PM, MarcG said:

Here is a link I picked up from another thread

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-12024471/How-long-takes-new-car-delivered-Britain.html?ico=mol_desktop_money

My NX 450+ had a build date of April with delivery in June. Build date has now been pushed back to November. This is going to cost me a significant sum as my current BMW will now require a major service and a new warranty.

Indeed, I saw that link the other day and it got me thinking about my UX. As it stands, it's still on it's original tyres after three years. They're still alright. I could 'get away' with them until very early next year - possibly they'll still be fine come MOT time next March. I think that would be pushing it, though. 

Without any positive news for me over the next few months on my May 2022 order, I could potentially be looking at a bill for two front tyres (at least) and even worse, it's next service and MOT if this long wait rolls over into early next year. Imagine what that would do to it's trade-in value...? I'd take 'the hit' either way.

10 minutes ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi there, 

Finally after 1 year and 3 Months, I got the notification they've started building my 305H Takumi in Sonic Grey, realistically what kind of time frame am I looking at from build to pick up from dealer, I'm kind of hoping it'll be around September for the 73 Plate or is that wishful thinking. 

It looks like yours may possibly be in the same batch as Michael's (imgo) above... I've also got a Takumi on order but in Terrane Khaki. 

The latest news I have is a mid-August arrival at the dealers but considering my order was placed towards the end of May 2022 and with yours/Michael's placed three months earlier with build dates just starting to come through - I can't see it happening. I'd imagine I'd have to know pretty quickly if that genuinely was to be the case.

When I placed my order a year ago (well, it's about a fortnight shy of a year...), I was told it would take about two weeks to build and then about another eight weeks to ship/arrive at the dealer. With this in mind, I couldn't see it being a problem for September. If it arrives any sooner, just ask them to hold it until then - as that's what I'd be doing if it arrived at the dealer with only 6/8 weeks to go until the current number plate changes.

I have got an email from my dealer that my 450h+ Premium Pack Plus is on its way (the screen shot said: At Sea). ETA is mid June. I was told that they inspect each vehicle bit by bit once at shore and this can take up to a few weeks (he mentioned that a few thousand cars were usually shipped each time).

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, John Yossarian said:

I have got an email from my dealer that my 450h+ Premium Pack Plus is on its way (the screen shot said: At Sea). ETA is mid June. I was told that they inspect each vehicle bit by bit once at shore and this can take up to a few weeks (he mentioned that a few thousand cars were usually shipped each time).

Fingers crossed.

Good luck, maybe it’s parked on the boat next to my 450. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Yossarian said:

I really hope so

Do you know what ship it is on? Lexus CS told me mine was on the Morning Carina which is just running up the coast of Portugal and has an ETA into Bristol of 17th May (though I have noticed that arrival times are not very accurate).

4 minutes ago, robby666 said:

Do you know what ship it is on? Lexus CS told me mine was on the Morning Carina which is just running up the coast of Portugal and has an ETA into Bristol of 17th May (though I have noticed that arrival times are not very accurate).

Yes arrival times may vary due to weather conditions (biscay bay may be nasty any time of the year), tides, harbor pilots avalaibility, dock space, parking lot space.. 

Well – there is some scrap of positive news that’s come back (and come back rather quickly) from my latest e-mail to customer services. Firstly – they’ve actually responded to me. Something they haven't done on two previous occasions.  

I won't give the lady's name obviously, but she was perfectly pleasant to talk to.  

She confirmed that my first e-mail to customer services was indeed simply forwarded to my local dealer – so that 'co-incidental' text video-message advising me of my latest delayed estimated date was indeed initiated by themselves. She had no answer as to why my second e-mail wasn't responded to or acted upon in any way, to which she apologised for.  Obviously not her fault - she's only picked up on my latest e-mail. 

So that at least confirms that if it wasn't for me calling or physically showing myself at the dealer for any sort of update, there would have been absolutely no contact from them at all from the day I placed the order.  

She said she’ll raise a case internally on my behalf about the lack of any contact from my dealer to keep me updated – but I doubt I'll hear anything of this. Given her tone after explaining just what I was having to do in order to get basic scraps of information and relying upon our forum here for snippets of news, it's not really painting my dealer in a good light with her at all.  

She also said she'll be back in touch with me over the next 7/10 days. I don't personally hold up much hope in that either, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt for the time being and we’ll just have to wait and see. 

However – there’s still the ultimate questions which remain outstanding:

1) Why can't I get more than just the basic 'estimate' after almost a full year?

2) Why my order with the factory seems to be being continuously 'held back' whilst others placed around the same time are now very much being built, shipped and in some cases, delivered. 

So, where's my car? You tell me… She's saying it's still on course for 'August/September' (Q3 basically) despite the fact that they still have no build date for me – which now puts me onto my fifth(?) rough estimated date since I placed my order. Here’s where we’re up to in terms of 'estimates' I've had: 

May 2023 

May/June 2023 

June/July 2023 

Mid August 2023 

August/September 2023 

My head is actually beginning to hurt with it all, now. I did politely tell her, as per my e-mail, I'm giving them a rough deadline of the end of the summer. If there’s no build date news by then, something which seems to be afforded to plenty of others long before 15 months (which it will be by that point) of simply waiting for any hope of it being built, I will be cancelling my order and going elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Gary H said:

will be cancelling my order and going elsewhere.

Hopefully the word cancelling would help, but as we all have discussed where would go to get a car, could go second hand but they are overpriced. 

Gary H

I feel your frustration, the trouble is that there are so many people waiting for these vehicles that your order will just be reassigned while you go to the back of the queue with another manufacturer.

I was promised a build date of April which has now gone back to November. I raised the issue with Lexus CS by email and to be fair they responded the following day. I then got a phone call the same day from the Sales Manager at my Dealer who promised updates on a weekly basis and so far that is what I have received. In his last email he advised that he was expecting news at the end of May, so I will wait and see

You used to be able to go in a store and buy a 3 piece suit for no more that a weeks delivery , now you have to wait at least 3/4 months, unfortunately the same now applies to cars, we are not used to having to plan a long way ahead for cars, i don't see things changing for some time, in September i am going to put in a order for a NX, I don't want it till April 2025, I have been assured that once ordered if  change my mind, or my circumstances change i don't have to take the car and my deposit will be returned.

• Like 2

I feel that we should get a delivery date that is "sort of accurate".

Plus or minus a month would be acceptable to me.

People have trade in cars and finance etc. to organise.

• Like 1

True we should be able to get a date more accurately. But the the world of just in time and world wide supply lines it is not going to happen. They should try and bring the supply side closer to the manufacturing bases. 

1 hour ago, Scotlex said:

My dealer has just updated my order (350h, placed early February 2022) - car was not booked for production in May, so now the earliest opportunity is June, but more probable is rather July or August. So if things go well, the car to be assembled 18-19 months from order, means delivery in 21-23 months. But he stressed again that there is no guarantee at all and it will be somehow given only when assy date is assigned.

Very frustrated Lexus customer here, my dealer told me to expect delivery of my NX350h on or around 12th May. This date came and went with no sign of the vehicle. She has just been in touch with me this morning to say it's been delayed a further week due to increase checks required due to new rules from Europe - whatever that means. It's already been assigned a registration and is in the country which makes it even more frustrating. Anyone experienced something similar? 

The communication has been awful, surely Lexus were aware of these increased checks that are supposedly required, they can't have just sprung them upon them. 

3 hours ago, FJN said:

Very frustrated Lexus customer here, my dealer told me to expect delivery of my NX350h on or around 12th May. This date came and went with no sign of the vehicle. She has just been in touch with me this morning to say it's been delayed a further week due to increase checks required due to new rules from Europe - whatever that means. It's already been assigned a registration and is in the country which makes it even more frustrating. Anyone experienced something similar? 

The communication has been awful, surely Lexus were aware of these increased checks that are supposedly required, they can't have just sprung them upon them. 

I think it’s smoke and mirrors. As some have said earlier they may not release them without locking nuts. 

Received update today on Lexus link the order has gone into build. That’s 15 months since the order was placed.

looks like patience is going to pay off, all being well car could be with the dealer by the end of July.

1 hour ago, JTS said:

Received update today on Lexus link the order has gone into build. That’s 15 months since the order was placed.

looks like patience is going to pay off, all being well car could be with the dealer by the end of July.

Great news 😀

On 5/19/2023 at 10:31 AM, FJN said:

My car was due in Edinburgh 27 April, got stuck in Derby (locking wheel nut issue). Was given revised date of 12 May, then 22 May, but appeared in Edinburgh on 17th. Picked it up yesterday. No locking wheel nuts on the car 🤷🏻‍♂️. Lexus comms are hopeless.  VERY happy with car tho. 

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but I am sure that I have read somewhere that the new NX does not have 'Nuts' to hold the wheels on, but it has 'bolts' instead that screw into the hub. 

Anyone confirm this?

It’s bolts.

NX2 are not alone, RX5 also missing locking wheel bolts, spare key, manual, infotainment features, app features etc……

Not sure one is better than other, easier to change a bolt that a stud, though rethreading a stripped thread for a bolt hole maybe not as easy as a stud thread. Damn sight easier to put the wheel on with studs and nuts…….

Well folks, I could potentially have some positive news to share at long last. Last Thursday afternoon I had a voicemail message on my phone (sadly I couldn’t get to it in time, being in work…) from the same pleasant lady who called me before. Basically, she advised that my NX350h Takumi has been ‘confirmed’ to be getting built on the ‘next production run’ which is at some point next month. She says that should mean it should be at the dealers by the back end of August – which means I could collect in early September for the new ‘73’ plate. She said she will get in touch with my dealer after calling me to get them to basically update me with this news and update me more regularly. (Updating me without me having to do all the legwork first and doing something off their own backs for once would be welcome…). 

Obviously it’s still all ‘estimates’ rather than actual build dates/slots which are informed to others, but at least it’s the first sign, in almost an entire year, that something is actually moving forwards with my order. Obviously as my existing contract on my UX ends in September, I’m probably going to have to extend it for a month to cover logistics (if these estimates can be relied upon…and remember this is the fifth estimated date I’ve had), or I might ask for a three month extension given the zero confidence I have in the company given my experiences since this order was placed. 

So, it’s taken almost exactly a year to not get a build slot/date – but a build ‘month’. I don’t know quite how common this is and without having to go back many pages on this thread, haven’t fellow members with NX’s on order had information on actual dates or slots their cars were produced? Maybe I’ve just dreamt that…  

So yes, I was given this information by Customer Relations on Thursday afternoon and guess what….there’s still complete radio silence from the dealer. I think that tells you all you need to know. No call. No text. No e-mail. No nothing, so far. 🙄 

So in hindsight, maybe I should have used the word ‘cancel’ a few months ago, when it seems things were moving quite nicely on many other orders – with the likes of ours seemingly ignored or pushed to the back of the queue again. It’s something I’ll still be pushing for an answer for, beyond dealer level. Not just in my own case, but for others. It’s simply not fair when we’ve all paid our deposits and it’s clear to me the factory is being rather selective over what orders they want to build. I’m particularly annoyed for those who have been waiting even longer than myself. 

On 5/16/2023 at 6:27 PM, WhiteHart said:

Hopefully the word cancelling would help, but as we all have discussed where would go to get a car, could go second hand but they are overpriced. 

It appears to have been the case and as I just said, in hindsight maybe I should have done this earlier - but it really shouldn't have to take threats of cancellation for them to get round to giving you a build 'month' a year after placing an order. 

On 5/17/2023 at 9:43 AM, MarcG said:

Gary H

I feel your frustration, the trouble is that there are so many people waiting for these vehicles that your order will just be reassigned while you go to the back of the queue with another manufacturer.

I was promised a build date of April which has now gone back to November. I raised the issue with Lexus CS by email and to be fair they responded the following day. I then got a phone call the same day from the Sales Manager at my Dealer who promised updates on a weekly basis and so far that is what I have received. In his last email he advised that he was expecting news at the end of May, so I will wait and see

What I would do, if I was to cancel, would be to look at pre-registered, ex-demo cars which are already physically there. I wouldn't order 'from scratch' again as indeed, I'd be back to square one. 

Fingers crossed on yours. If I have to be honest, I have no faith in my NX being built next month - given I know we have members who ordered theirs three months earlier than mine and they've only just gone into build. Something seems 'off' with this date but indeed, we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know who the Sales Manager at my dealer is. I can hardly remember what my salesman looks and sounds like to be honest...  

On 5/17/2023 at 1:46 PM, wendle said:

You used to be able to go in a store and buy a 3 piece suit for no more that a weeks delivery , now you have to wait at least 3/4 months, unfortunately the same now applies to cars, we are not used to having to plan a long way ahead for cars, i don't see things changing for some time, in September i am going to put in a order for a NX, I don't want it till April 2025, I have been assured that once ordered if  change my mind, or my circumstances change i don't have to take the car and my deposit will be returned.

It isn't so much the wait which bothers me, it's factors around it which do. For instance, the complete lack of updates from the dealer or assurance that things are progressing. It's good to hear some dealers are giving weekly updates. I wouldn't even mind just a fortnightly update. Even once a month - just something rather than absolutely nothing at all. Not even a phone call - a quick couple of lines on an e-mail would suffice. Another factor is what I'll extend upon below - and that's having to extend finance on your existing car. Tricky to do when you're having to literally 'fight' to get scraps of information which provide little in the way of shedding light on the subject.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:06 PM, Scotlex said:

I completely agree. A lot of people, especially with younger cars, don't own them outright these days. 

I don't think it's fair that, in my case of ordering my NX some 15+ months before my existing contract expires, you should be scrabbling around looking for when your new car will be built (never mind arriving at the dealer...) as your existing contract is about to come to an end. It hasn't been a 'last minute' order.  

Before I even collect my NX, the dealer has still got to take a look at my car to see what positive equity there is on it - and only then can I begin to sort out the finance to know exactly what I'll be paying. This is something my salesman has refused to do until we get 'closer to the time'. 

I don't like doing things 'in a blur'. I like to be prepared. The logistics of this particular trade in is just an absolute logistical nightmare - due to a complete lack of updates/information from the dealer. Obviously we can't blame them for long lead times, but my own particular dealer has done me no favours at all when it comes to this.

On 5/19/2023 at 10:31 AM, FJN said:

Given my experiences of no communication with my dealer (other than if I've chased first...), this doesn't surprise me in the least. This is why I'm considering a three month extension to my UX contract, rather than just one month. I have no faith in what I'm being told and with additional delays like this, I could end up without a car - not knowing when I'll receive the new one. I know full well the dealer will be in no rush in sorting out the situation. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links