Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

One month and a half driving it...A damn nice car to drive 
14 months waiting time is now long forgotten.
Congrats to the newly delivered and patience to those still waiting !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, first time car buyer here, a bit out of topic, I have placed an order for a NX350h last September and the sales representative and me have come up with a price that we were happy with as he gave me a £1,000 deposit contribution if I finance the car. I can pay cash but for the £1k contribution I have agreed to finance. We have not talked about the specifics of the finance but I went ahead and paid a deposit of a £1,000 to order the car. Can I ask when is the best time to talk about the specifics of the finance? I don't have a car to part exchange as well.

2 hours ago, HMT said:

Picked up my NX 450h+ premium plus pack, protection pack, in sonic titanium, with black and rich cream interior at lunchtime today - just under a year from order.

It is the MY24, with protection pack, but with only 1 key fob and no locking wheel nuts due sometime into Qtr 3

Very happy with the car- great ride home and 2/3 of way in ev mode till it ran out ….

lots of settings to sort out so will be sat playing with it on the drive before taking it out a little later.

I did like my NX300h but this is another level up so Yes I think the wait was worth it 

Good news and hope you have new car fun for a long time. It’s the waiting to spend a large sum of money that gets to me. I think I will buy the new car smell spray for a year or so. 

On 6/1/2023 at 11:04 AM, Andy B said:

With regards to the having the ceramic coating done.... I politely refused the offer from the dealership to do it and went to a professional detailer instead. I'm very OCD when it comes to keeping my car clean and shiny so it was worth the extra cost to me. The coating service offered by the dealer will likely be subcontracted to a third party who, for the price you are paying for it, are not likely to do it in the way that it should be done. Best advice is to go to a qualified professional (with good reviews), however be aware that you are likely to be paying double the £500 that your dealer has quoted. I can thoroughly recommend the detailer who did mine if you are willing to travel to south Essex. Let me know if so and I'll post the details here.

Hi thanks for that, it's going to be too far to travel. 

On 6/1/2023 at 4:50 PM, DC__ said:

Sorry, first time car buyer here, a bit out of topic, I have placed an order for a NX350h last September and the sales representative and me have come up with a price that we were happy with as he gave me a £1,000 deposit contribution if I finance the car. I can pay cash but for the £1k contribution I have agreed to finance. We have not talked about the specifics of the finance but I went ahead and paid a deposit of a £1,000 to order the car. Can I ask when is the best time to talk about the specifics of the finance? I don't have a car to part exchange as well.

Take the finance with the £1000 deposit contribution and, if you have the cash,  pay the finance off within the first month. Free £1000. I have done this previously with BMW finance.

• Like 1

DC

I agree with Robby666. I have taken finance on BMWs, Audis, and VWs because of the cash incentives offered. As long as you pay off the finance within one month the incentive is yours to keep.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 4:17 PM, S Dhuper said:

, just need some advice is it worth having the ceramic coating done by the dealer?

I can recommend Marvin at WOW Factors in Orpington, (  you can see my car being done on there face book page, but as mentioned your be looking at around £1K.

Ok, I am a little happyier about the waiting as my dealer called me today and told me they are now starting to deal with the paperwork for cars to be delivered in June. And have made me an offer for my 16 plate NX300h the offer is just £1000 less than they offered me one year ago. So I am very happy as it's £2500 more than We Buy ....... .

At last our order for a NX350h Premium Plus Pack + Pano Roof has today moved into build. Expected delivery to us is about September. We will see if all the bells and whistles come with it.

On a related subject, we have just tried to download the latest 2024 Model Owners and Navigation Manuals from the Lexus site and all we get is a rotating placeholder indefinitely. Is anyone else able to get these manuals?

3 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

Ok, I am a little happyier about the waiting as my dealer called me today and told me they are now starting to deal with the paperwork for cars to be delivered in June. And have made me an offer for my 16 plate NX300h the offer is just £1000 less than they offered me one year ago. So I am very happy as it's £2500 more than We Buy ....... .

Nice if they gave us a "reasonable price" for our trade in since we have been so patient 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, malcolmw said:

At last our order for a NX350h Premium Plus Pack + Pano Roof has today moved into build. Expected delivery to us is about September. We will see if all the bells and whistles come with it.

On a related subject, we have just tried to download the latest 2024 Model Owners and Navigation Manuals from the Lexus site and all we get is a rotating placeholder indefinitely. Is anyone else able to get these manuals?

I managed to download both the MY24 manuals for my 450h last week So had a look for the new 350h manuals when I saw your comment and again no problem, managed to download both the manuals dated 2023 03 06 which are the my24

14 hours ago, HMT said:

I managed to download both the MY24 manuals for my 450h last week So had a look for the new 350h manuals when I saw your comment and again no problem, managed to download both the manuals dated 2023 03 06 which are the my24

Thanks for testing this out. However, I have just tried to download the manuals again with the same result - a spinning "wait" symbol. The site address I have used is

https://www.lexus.co.uk/content/lexus/uk/en/customer/manuals 

Did you try via a different routing?

36 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Thanks for testing this out. However, I have just tried to download the manuals again with the same result - a spinning "wait" symbol. The site address I have used is

Yes I used “My Lexus” site 

Did try this as well - if you just google “Lexus user manual “ and the follow the Lexus link, select NX and then your model the manuals are there

35 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

I am sure I had a similar issue but ended up right clicking "open in new tab" as it was something to do with page pop-ups being blocked on my pc.

On 5/30/2023 at 6:14 PM, VSR said:

Hi all, just a thought it seems like Lexus has not treated you well as a customer, have any of you looked into the Tesla Model Y. its starts at around 44.5k around 46k for one with metallic paint and has a lot of good features more than on the new NX range in my opinion. Best part they have 2-4 week delivery. I think it is important to show Lexus, that customers are not disposable and should be treated well, I really want a new NX but have been left with a sour taste as dealers aren't helping in securing one. I may switch to a model Y. The best part is the low servicing costs on the Tesla, low BIK, low interest rates if people want to finance. 

I’m not happy in the slightest with the way Lexus, as a company, have dealt with NX orders at all. I appreciate I’ve had issues with my dealer not keeping in touch which is well documented in this thread, but I do fully accept there is only so much they can do and what information they have. I know the long lead time isn't their fault and the only issues I have with them is the lack of help or communication - based on other fellow customers having much more engaging experiences during their own waits. 

There’s things on my mind which I’m purposefully holding back mentioning on here until much nearer collection time, as my feelings may change over the next three months (or at least I hope they do...).

On 5/30/2023 at 9:37 PM, S Dhuper said:

Same here my 350H is a standard Takumi, my dealer did tell me l on his last update 4 weeks ago that I will get the new 24 updated model with the matching colour for the door panel, glove box and some matching trim around the 14 inch screen to match with seat trim colour (that won't apply to me as I've got the black interior lol) and with some adjustments to the suspension and braking for more comfortable ride, but it'll look nice on your Hazel interior. 

I'm hoping it'll look nice, it's just doesn't look 'right' based purely on the pictures I've seen. Like yourself, we ordered ours so long ago that the models we saw in the showroom were either MY23 or even late MY22 cars... Whilst I know I'm eventually getting a MY24 car (like yourself), it's only because I spotted it from the screenshot I managed to grab from the video-text thingy. I've not specifically been told I'm getting a different model year or indeed, what that actually entails over the car I/we ordered over a year ago... 

On 5/31/2023 at 7:17 AM, HMT said:

The fitting of number plates seems to have change - this is what the Lexus tracker says on both my Lexus and Lexus link

-----
Once the detailed pre-delivery inspection is done and your new number plate is in place, it is off to your centre for pick-up. Next step: You will get an email confirming the car has arrived at your preferred Lexus centre.
in the “old days” I remember going through the list of available reg No with the dealer and selecting which one I wanted !
also if you cannot see your order on the your link contact cutomer services- they had to get tech help to sort mine out 

This is mildly concerning (unless I'm just thinking about it too much!) because there's a slight possibility my car may be at the dealer by the end of August. The last thing I want is for them to register it as a '23' plate with literally a week or so left to run - when I've told my salesperson on at least three separate occasions since March that I'll wait for the '73' plate if it arrives so late on into the '23' plate run. I would genuinely feel 'cheated' by that after waiting what's likely to be somewhere between 14 and 15 months for a new car. That really would be the cherry on top of the whole poor experience. I've never personally known a car to be registered before it arrives with the dealer - that's a new one on me. 

Unfortunately I'm slightly too young (i.e - not of driving age) to remember the days where you could pick from a 'batch' of number plates you could have had, although I do know several people who used to do that! I did ask about this when I picked up by first new car 20 years ago and I was basically told "Nah, we don't do that any more...". A shame really, because that's something I would have liked to be involved with. 

Unfortunately my experiences of Customer Services is that they do reply (eventually), but just pass my email straight back to the dealer, despite me purposefully telling them that they have no further information or help for me - hence why I got in touch with them in the first place. 

On 5/31/2023 at 7:17 PM, Adrian1980uk said:

How accurate do we find the information on the my lexus website and in the emails? I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow but we ordered the fwd premium pack in blue but it's suggesting it's Fuji red.  The emails keep stating 'out takumi engineers' which I assumed was just a standard description.  We ordered last March and it's now left the factory but I'm beginning to doubt we're getting what we think we're getting what we think we are.  

Other than confirming the order I placed for the NX, which arrived about two weeks later, I've had no other e-mail correspondence over the course of the last year with regards to the order.

As I just replied to above, any errors in the order really wouldn't surprise me at all given the overall experience I've had over the last year. Fingers crossed in your case it's just some sort of really weird computer glitch.

On 6/1/2023 at 4:50 PM, DC__ said:

My salesperson wouldn't give me a trade-in value for my car as he said he could only guarantee the price of trade-ins for three months. I'm hoping I'm going to be called in over the next month or so, so I can get a solid trade-in value for it so I can see if I can better that price elsewhere. Otherwise it'll leave me with little time to see what the alternatives will offer me. The same goes when it comes to the finance for the new NX. We roughly went over this at the time of ordering and whilst my final price is locked (fortunately I ordered so long ago that they were doing it back then...), the finance is 'subject to change'. Again, I'd rather get this sorted sooner rather than later. 

On 6/3/2023 at 11:20 AM, Chance521 said:

It’s been a whole week now since I got a build slot allocated😜, how many more weeks to expect?

A week tomorrow for me - since I was told it had moved into 'in build'! 😄

36 minutes ago, Gary H said:

I’m not happy in the slightest with the way Lexus, as a company, have dealt with NX orders at all. I appreciate I’ve had issues with my dealer not keeping in touch which is well documented in this thread, but I do fully accept there is only so much they can do and what information they have. I know the long lead time isn't their fault and the only issues I have with them is the lack of help or communication - based on other fellow customers having much more engaging experiences during their own waits. 

There’s things on my mind which I’m purposefully holding back mentioning on here until much nearer collection time, as my feelings may change over the next three months (or at least I hope they do...).

I'm hoping it'll look nice, it's just doesn't look 'right' based purely on the pictures I've seen. Like yourself, we ordered ours so long ago that the models we saw in the showroom were either MY23 or even late MY22 cars... Whilst I know I'm eventually getting a MY24 car (like yourself), it's only because I spotted it from the screenshot I managed to grab from the video-text thingy. I've not specifically been told I'm getting a different model year or indeed, what that actually entails over the car I/we ordered over a year ago... 

This is mildly concerning (unless I'm just thinking about it too much!) because there's a slight possibility my car may be at the dealer by the end of August. The last thing I want is for them to register it as a '23' plate with literally a week or so left to run - when I've told my salesperson on at least three separate occasions since March that I'll wait for the '73' plate if it arrives so late on into the '23' plate run. I would genuinely feel 'cheated' by that after waiting what's likely to be somewhere between 14 and 15 months for a new car. That really would be the cherry on top of the whole poor experience. I've never personally known a car to be registered before it arrives with the dealer - that's a new one on me. 

Unfortunately I'm slightly too young (i.e - not of driving age) to remember the days where you could pick from a 'batch' of number plates you could have had, although I do know several people who used to do that! I did ask about this when I picked up by first new car 20 years ago and I was basically told "Nah, we don't do that any more...". A shame really, because that's something I would have liked to be involved with. 

Unfortunately my experiences of Customer Services is that they do reply (eventually), but just pass my email straight back to the dealer, despite me purposefully telling them that they have no further information or help for me - hence why I got in touch with them in the first place. 

Other than confirming the order I placed for the NX, which arrived about two weeks later, I've had no other e-mail correspondence over the course of the last year with regards to the order.

As I just replied to above, any errors in the order really wouldn't surprise me at all given the overall experience I've had over the last year. Fingers crossed in your case it's just some sort of really weird computer glitch.

My salesperson wouldn't give me a trade-in value for my car as he said he could only guarantee the price of trade-ins for three months. I'm hoping I'm going to be called in over the next month or so, so I can get a solid trade-in value for it so I can see if I can better that price elsewhere. Otherwise it'll leave me with little time to see what the alternatives will offer me. The same goes when it comes to the finance for the new NX. We roughly went over this at the time of ordering and whilst my final price is locked (fortunately I ordered so long ago that they were doing it back then...), the finance is 'subject to change'. Again, I'd rather get this sorted sooner rather than later. 

Hi Gary, oh please don't say that the Dealer will register the car on the 23 Plate, my dealer is quoting me late July for my 350H, now whether that means the car will arrive at the Dock or the dealer don't know, suppose it comes at the dealers end of July then I'm hoping it'll take them 1/2 weeks to get car ready install the Dashcams, then they should keep the car unregistered for a couple of weeks in the showroom and then get the 73 Plate, is this wishful thinking on my part 😂😂

Who's your dealer? Mine is Lexus Twickenham. 

4 minutes ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi Gary, oh please don't say that the Dealer will register the car on the 23 Plate, my dealer is quoting me late July for my 350H, now whether that means the car will arrive at the Dock or the dealer don't know, suppose it comes at the dealers end of July then I'm hoping it'll take them 1/2 weeks to get car ready install the Dashcams, then they should keep the car unregistered for a couple of weeks in the showroom and then get the 73 Plate, is this wishful thinking on my part 😂😂

Who's your dealer? Mine is Lexus Twickenham. 

Is the registration date really that important these days? I took delivery of my IS300h on the 15th August 2013, I could have waited another 2 weeks for the newer registration date, but as I intended to keep the car for 8 years it would not make much difference really. Now 10 years on I still have it for about another 6 weeks until my NX350h Takumi arrives mid July ish.

12 minutes ago, imgo said:

Is the registration date really that important these days? I took delivery of my IS300h on the 15th August 2013, I could have waited another 2 weeks for the newer registration date, but as I intended to keep the car for 8 years it would not make much difference really. Now 10 years on I still have it for about another 6 weeks until my NX350h Takumi arrives mid July ish.

Absolutely it's important for me, after waiting for a year and 5 month's 73 will look so much better then a 23, I know after 6 months they'll be a 24 plate, but after waiting for so long, I deserve it, I need it, I want the 73 Plate 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

Gary, this is my car as it arrived at the dealership, straight off the transporter, with the number plate on and still with the various protective covers, the car was actually registered with DVLA a few days later !

not sure if dealership tell Derby the reg, or if Derby pick it - as all reg numbers are regional ?  But either way it arrives with number plate on

IMG_0753.jpeg

4 hours ago, HMT said:

Yes I used “My Lexus” site 

Did try this as well - if you just google “Lexus user manual “ and the follow the Lexus link, select NX and then your model the manuals are there

Thanks again for looking at this for me. I finally gave up with my usual Chrome browser. I opened up Edge and could download the manuals fine. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HMT said:

Gary, this is my car as it arrived at the dealership, straight off the transporter, with the number plate on and still with the various protective covers, the car was actually registered with DVLA a few days later !

not sure if dealership tell Derby the reg, or if Derby pick it - as all reg numbers are regional ?  But either way it arrives with number plate on

IMG_0753.jpeg

When we picked up our current NX300H in September 21, we got to choose our number plate from a selection 

On 6/1/2023 at 5:54 PM, WhiteHart said:

Good news and hope you have new car fun for a long time. It’s the waiting to spend a large sum of money that gets to me. I think I will buy the new car smell spray for a year or so. 

Congrats to you - I know how you feel! Why? I'm a 300h owner and I picked up my 450h+ Takumi yesterday. I think it's MY24 also - the glove box is cream and I read that somewhere on here, I guess. One year and six days since I placed the order, with the last couple of months being the worst, repeated slippage, all the reports of missing parts, lack of Lexus UK status reports, Derby, Derby, Derby, etc., etc..

40 minute drive home, mostly motorway, smooth as silk, quiet as a mouse and this thing is divine. I love it. All the hassle behind. Only one key, no card key, but hey that's minor. I can wait. 

The fun starts here....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Harry Junior said:

Congrats to you - I know how you feel! Why? I'm a 300h owner and I picked up my 450h+ Takumi yesterday. I think it's MY24 also - the glove box is cream and I read that somewhere on here, I guess. One year and six days since I placed the order, with the last couple of months being the worst, repeated slippage, all the reports of missing parts, lack of Lexus UK status reports, Derby, Derby, Derby, etc., etc..

40 minute drive home, mostly motorway, smooth as silk, quiet as a mouse and this thing is divine. I love it. All the hassle behind. Only one key, no card key, but hey that's minor. I can wait. 

The fun starts here....

Very happy for you , do enjoy the car for a few years to come. One key is better than no key😀

• Haha 1

I was told the registration for my car in March 2022 even though it didn't reach me until May 2022. (this was a fleet order). I think the way it works is that the dealer gets a block of registrations allocated and they may or may not let you pick one (I've had mixed experiences over the past few years on private new car purchases). The registration is notionally allocated to the car but it does not get "activated" with DVLA until the car is officially registered which is typically done on or just before the day of delivery. For my car this was done the day before delivery but it took a few days for this to be reflected in the public-facing DVLA records.

I'm sure most people already know this but the first character in the current UK scheme is regional, there are a couple of broad subdivisions for some of the letters but I'm not sure how allocation happens below that level. I searched some similar registrations to my car and found a wide variety of marques!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links