Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

Hi all, just a thought it seems like Lexus has not treated you well as a customer, have any of you looked into the Tesla Model Y. its starts at around 44.5k around 46k for one with metallic paint and has a lot of good features more than on the new NX range in my opinion. Best part they have 2-4 week delivery. I think it is important to show Lexus, that customers are not disposable and should be treated well, I really want a new NX but have been left with a sour taste as dealers aren't helping in securing one. I may switch to a model Y. The best part is the low servicing costs on the Tesla, low BIK, low interest rates if people want to finance. 

+ i think lexus is just plain profiteering now, when tesla are dropping prices on as complex vehicles (chip wise) and delivering, the chip shortage excuse has become a bit lame now. 

2 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

Thanks for that, I think I'll have it done by some experienced professionals if I decide to have it done. Is there anybody you would recommend in West London 

Sorry, I can’t help you out there. If you can’t find any recommendations my advise would be to visit 2-3 detailers any inspect their work

On 5/29/2023 at 3:54 PM, Scotlex said:

You probably don't even remember what you ordered 🤣

Good news anyway 😀

Aye, it’s certainly news which has been an incredibly long time (far too long) coming. I’ll admit I felt rather...’empty’...when I was told. It was as if all the pleasure of this particular car order has been completely sucked out of me. When I ordered the car, I was (now infamously) told "none of my customers have waited more than a year for their NX..." and “this twelve month lead time is the worst-case scenario”. Instead, it’s taken a few days over a year just to get a build month.

Yes - I don't remember the exact spec now and at the time, I could pretty much rattle it all off from memory! 😄 Not that it matters... I've had to wait so long for it that it's bits have changed now, anyway... 😕 I know some could argue that I'm getting a 'better' car, but that's not the point. I wanted the exact one I sat in and ordered in the showroom just over a year ago!  

On 5/29/2023 at 5:29 PM, malcolmw said:

We ordered an NX350h P Plus Pack with Pano Roof in May 22 (so, pretty much the same spec as yours). Nothing showing on the Lexux Link App yet. 

Indeed, Malcolm. Similar spec. I’ve also opted for the panoramic roof. If I couldn’t have quite stretched to the Takumi (which I certainly couldn’t now - if my price hadn’t been locked), yours is what I’d have gone for as it’s indeed quite similar and I could have had basically the same exterior/interior combination. 

If it’s any consolation, nothing has ever shown in my Lexus Link app. It shows the UX I have now - and that’s it. It’s never shown the order for my NX and still doesn’t to this day. The only news I’ve had that it’s ‘in build’ is from Customer Relations and the dealer. If it wasn’t for either, I’d be none the wiser. Just to extend a little on my last post, I’ll be interested to see if I get told when the car has been built, what ship it’ll be on, when it arrives in the UK e.t.c... It seems to be information many others have had but judging from what the dealer told me, I’m under the impression I won’t hear from them again until it’s actually in the UK. So unless I’m mistaken, I’m also set to miss out on these pieces of information too.

I think we may have picked a ‘bad time’ (May ‘22), for whatever reason, to order.

22 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

Good luck and hopefully it will be worth the wait. 

Fingers crossed.

I will be judging the car over it's 'premium' 15 month waiting time - providing it's there for me in September, of course. Any further delays will be adding onto that time, of course.  

5 hours ago, HMT said:

Good news - not long now.

mine arrived at dealership last Wednesday evening with the number plate on.  Dealer took some photos with all the protective covers on. Still not on DVLC so getting the insurance sorted for pickup on Thursday was “interesting”

I'm surprised to hear it arrived with a number plate on. Every dealer I've dealt with (Lexus and non-Lexus) have always registered the car once it physically arrives at the dealer. The only exceptions I've known to this is if it's been a fleet vehicle and registered as part of a batch before they're transported to where they need to be. 

4 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi, great news what colour did you order for your Takumi? I ordered my Sonic Grey 350H Takumi in 22 Feb two weeks ago they started building my car and got notification yesterday car is built and ready for shipping, before I ask the Dealer realistically when should the car arrive at the dealership? From built to at Dealer I'm hoping it comes in middle of August so I can get the 73 Plate, also I'm having the two Dashcam's fitted and also have the Ceramic coating done it's a £500.00 option, just need some advice is it worth having the ceramic coating done by the dealer?

One more thing will the 350H have it's Catalytic converter protected underneath?

Mine will be in Terrane Khaki with the Hazel Leather and panoramic roof. I have no options on mine.

I was initially told my Customer Relations that my car was confirmed to be built on the next production run in June... However, my dealer contacted me yesterday to say it's now 'in build' - three days before June... So, I'm unsure if it's now physically in production as we speak or whether that 'in build' just confirms that it's being built imminently. 🤔 Obviously if anyone can confirm for sure, feel free to let me know. Two weeks sounds about right from build to ready for shipment. I recall when I ordered the car that I was told two weeks was about the usual production time. Three weeks max.

When it comes to shipping, I was advised this is usually around eight weeks. Sometimes a little over, sometimes a little under - purely depending on sea conditions e.t.c... 

Given mine is estimated to be at the dealer on 4th September (subject to change) and it's not built yet or just about to be started...and yours is already built...I will be very surprised if yours won't be at the dealer by August, unless they're waiting for the boat to be full before shipping them out... I've no idea on that one. I'm simply surmising. Personally, even though the dealer told me my '4th September' date could be "a little sooner or a little later", I'm not really expecting to collect mine until mid-September. I'm alright with that. It would have been nice to collect it on 'new plate day' but I'm not overly fussed if it's a week or two afterwards. I've collected new cars on 'new plate day' before and to be honest, I'd rather collect them a few days later now! It's much quieter! I'm already thinking of the NX '73 platers' (and likely the very late '23's) to be the orders the factory decided to ignore and push back/leave behind...

I'm someone who does like a clean car, I can only echo others in saying the ceramic coating really isn't worth that kind of money - and I certainly wouldn't get it done by the dealer. I'd have it done by an outside professional who takes pride in it. The only time I'd consider ceramic coatings is if you didn't wash the car regularly. For someone like me who washes his car every two/three weeks almost without fail - it's not worth it. I keep 'on top' of the car enough for it not to be needed. Plus, you can now buy ceramic sprays which whilst won't give you long-term protection, certainly give you a good couple of months before having to re-apply. 

I honestly have no idea with regards to catalytic converter protection unfortunately. That's one thing I cannot give you an answer on! 

14 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Aye, it’s certainly news which has been an incredibly long time (far too long) coming. I’ll admit I felt rather...’empty’...when I was told. It was as if all the pleasure of this particular car order has been completely sucked out of me. When I ordered the car, I was (now infamously) told "none of my customers have waited more than a year for their NX..." and “this twelve month lead time is the worst-case scenario”. Instead, it’s taken a few days over a year just to get a build month.

Yes - I don't remember the exact spec now and at the time, I could pretty much rattle it all off from memory! 😄 Not that it matters... I've had to wait so long for it that it's bits have changed now, anyway... 😕 I know some could argue that I'm getting a 'better' car, but that's not the point. I wanted the exact one I sat in and ordered in the showroom just over a year ago!  

Indeed, Malcolm. Similar spec. I’ve also opted for the panoramic roof. If I couldn’t have quite stretched to the Takumi (which I certainly couldn’t now - if my price hadn’t been locked), yours is what I’d have gone for as it’s indeed quite similar and I could have had basically the same exterior/interior combination. 

If it’s any consolation, nothing has ever shown in my Lexus Link app. It shows the UX I have now - and that’s it. It’s never shown the order for my NX and still doesn’t to this day. The only news I’ve had that it’s ‘in build’ is from Customer Relations and the dealer. If it wasn’t for either, I’d be none the wiser. Just to extend a little on my last post, I’ll be interested to see if I get told when the car has been built, what ship it’ll be on, when it arrives in the UK e.t.c... It seems to be information many others have had but judging from what the dealer told me, I’m under the impression I won’t hear from them again until it’s actually in the UK. So unless I’m mistaken, I’m also set to miss out on these pieces of information too.

I think we may have picked a ‘bad time’ (May ‘22), for whatever reason, to order.

Fingers crossed.

I will be judging the car over it's 'premium' 15 month waiting time - providing it's there for me in September, of course. Any further delays will be adding onto that time, of course.  

I'm surprised to hear it arrived with a number plate on. Every dealer I've dealt with (Lexus and non-Lexus) have always registered the car once it physically arrives at the dealer. The only exceptions I've known to this is if it's been a fleet vehicle and registered as part of a batch before they're transported to where they need to be. 

Mine will be in Terrane Khaki with the Hazel Leather and panoramic roof. I have no options on mine.

I was initially told my Customer Relations that my car was confirmed to be built on the next production run in June... However, my dealer contacted me yesterday to say it's now 'in build' - three days before June... So, I'm unsure if it's now physically in production as we speak or whether that 'in build' just confirms that it's being built imminently. 🤔 Obviously if anyone can confirm for sure, feel free to let me know. Two weeks sounds about right from build to ready for shipment. I recall when I ordered the car that I was told two weeks was about the usual production time. Three weeks max.

When it comes to shipping, I was advised this is usually around eight weeks. Sometimes a little over, sometimes a little under - purely depending on sea conditions e.t.c... 

Given mine is estimated to be at the dealer on 4th September (subject to change) and it's not built yet or just about to be started...and yours is already built...I will be very surprised if yours won't be at the dealer by August, unless they're waiting for the boat to be full before shipping them out... I've no idea on that one. I'm simply surmising. Personally, even though the dealer told me my '4th September' date could be "a little sooner or a little later", I'm not really expecting to collect mine until mid-September. I'm alright with that. It would have been nice to collect it on 'new plate day' but I'm not overly fussed if it's a week or two afterwards. I've collected new cars on 'new plate day' before and to be honest, I'd rather collect them a few days later now! It's much quieter! I'm already thinking of the NX '73 platers' (and likely the very late '23's) to be the orders the factory decided to ignore and push back/leave behind...

I'm someone who does like a clean car, I can only echo others in saying the ceramic coating really isn't worth that kind of money - and I certainly wouldn't get it done by the dealer. I'd have it done by an outside professional who takes pride in it. The only time I'd consider ceramic coatings is if you didn't wash the car regularly. For someone like me who washes his car every two/three weeks almost without fail - it's not worth it. I keep 'on top' of the car enough for it not to be needed. Plus, you can now buy ceramic sprays which whilst won't give you long-term protection, certainly give you a good couple of months before having to re-apply. 

I honestly have no idea with regards to catalytic converter protection unfortunately. That's one thing I cannot give you an answer on! 

Same here my 350H is a standard Takumi, my dealer did tell me l on his last update 4 weeks ago that I will get the new 24 updated model with the matching colour for the door panel, glove box and some matching trim around the 14 inch screen to match with seat trim colour (that won't apply to me as I've got the black interior lol) and with some adjustments to the suspension and braking for more comfortable ride, but it'll look nice on your Hazel interior. 

10 hours ago, Gary H said:

Fingers crossed.

The fitting of number plates seems to have change - this is what the Lexus tracker says on both my Lexus and Lexus link

IN TRANSIT
DERBYSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM
You’re nearly there. Your car is almost ready to collect but first a last set of checks to make sure your car is perfect for you. Over 50 check points are made from engine starts to tyre pressure to ensure you can drive away with confidence. Once the detailed pre-delivery inspection is done and your new number plate is in place, it is off to your centre for pick-up. Next step: You will get an email confirming the car has arrived at your preferred Lexus centre.
in the “old days” I remember going through the list of available reg No with the dealer and selecting which one I wanted !
also if you cannot see your order on the your link contact cutomer services- they had to get tech help to sort mine out 
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HMT said:
IN TRANSIT
You’re nearly there. Your car is almost ready to collect but first a last set of checks to make sure your car is perfect for you. Over 50 check points are made from engine starts to tyre pressure to ensure you can drive away with confidence. Once the detailed pre-delivery inspection is done and your new number plate is in place, it is off to your centre for pick-up. Next step: You will get an email confirming the car has arrived at your preferred Lexus centre.

Funny, your's says "In Transit Derbyshire" which my said but then my one says " The wait is almost over! Your NX is on it's way to .................... " I get nothing about the PDI or plates. Let's hope the car is better than the updates. 🙂

38 minutes ago, WhiteHart said:

Funny, your's says "In Transit Derbyshire" which my said but then my one says " The wait is almost over! Your NX is on it's way to .................... " I get nothing about the PDI or plates. Let's hope the car is better than the updates. 🙂

You don't on the App. The rest of the information is available when you log into your online account.

https://www.lexus.co.uk/customer/portal#//+/sso/login

55 minutes ago, robby666 said:

You don't on the App. The rest of the information is available when you log into your online account.

Thank you, I should have checked. But they are saying two different things, one says on it's way to dealer and the other says " Once the detailed pre-delivery inspection is done and your new number plate is in place, it is off to your centre for pick-up." Never mind still waiting ( Just ).

4 hours ago, HMT said:

The fitting of number plates seems to have change - this is what the Lexus tracker says on both my Lexus and Lexus link

IN TRANSIT
in the “old days” I remember going through the list of available reg No with the dealer and selecting which one I wanted !
also if you cannot see your order on the your link contact cutomer services- they had to get tech help to sort mine out 

I don't think it was just the old days. I think it depends on the policy of the manufacturers/dealerships. I was initially told that I couldn't pick my number but, after pushing my dealer, I was told that I would be offered a choice. With my last car, bought through MacRae & *****, I was shown a sheet of registration numbers that had been allocated to them and I picked one from the list. Easy, and it is such a small thing, but it made me feel that this second biggest purchase of my life was special and individual to me. Creating that sort of feeling is gold to a salesperson so to deny the choice of registration to a customer is very short-sighted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

Thank you, I should have checked. But they are saying two different things, one says on it's way to dealer and the other says " Once the detailed pre-delivery inspection is done and your new number plate is in place, it is off to your centre for pick-up." Never mind still waiting ( Just ).

If you look at the map on the right, the red line show the journey that has been completed. The car is usually about 3 weeks in Derby before transporting to the dealership.

"My name is Michael and I am addicted to a shipping location app"

I just needed to tell someone.

My NX350h Takumi is on the Marvelous Ace,  just left Singapore, next destination Suez Canal. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, imgo said:

My NX350h Takumi is on the Marvelous Ace,  just left Singapore, next destination Suez Canal. 

Don't worry Michael, you only need to be concerned when you're thought process turns to "oh, the ship is going past Gibralter, that must be close to the coastline, wonder if there's a live webcam feed somehwere nearby???"

Screenshot_20221022-083133_Firefox.jpg

12 minutes ago, bgb said:

Don't worry Michael, you only need to be concerned when you're thought process turns to "oh, the ship is going past Gibralter, that must be close to the coastline, wonder if there's a live webcam feed somehwere nearby???"

Screenshot_20221022-083133_Firefox.jpg

My wife would divorce me if I started looking for live webcam feeds, you shouldn't have told me this !!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, imgo said:

My wife would divorce me if I started looking for live webcam feeds, you shouldn't have told me this !!!

Just make sure she doesn't catch you.....and clear your internet history!

• Like 2

How accurate do we find the information on the my lexus website and in the emails? I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow but we ordered the fwd premium pack in blue but it's suggesting it's Fuji red.  The emails keep stating 'out takumi engineers' which I assumed was just a standard description.  We ordered last March and it's now left the factory but I'm beginning to doubt we're getting what we think we're getting what we think we are.  

39 minutes ago, Adrian1980uk said:

How accurate do we find the information on the my lexus website and in the emails? I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow but we ordered the fwd premium pack in blue but it's suggesting it's Fuji red.  The emails keep stating 'out takumi engineers' which I assumed was just a standard description.  We ordered last March and it's now left the factory but I'm beginning to doubt we're getting what we think we're getting what we think we are.  

The colour on My Lexus was correct to the order, don’t think any of the progress emails stated a colour.

yes the term “ our Takumi engineers “ is just a standard ( marketing / hype) term.

42 minutes ago, HMT said:

The colour on My Lexus was correct to the order, don’t think any of the progress emails stated a colour.

yes the term “ our Takumi engineers “ is just a standard ( marketing / hype) term.

Thanks, going to be an interesting conversation then. 

6 hours ago, imgo said:

I hope at some point I can be addicted to a shipping app 😅

Assuming they ever build it 🙈

On 5/30/2023 at 4:17 PM, S Dhuper said:

From built to at Dealer I'm hoping it comes in middle of August so I can get the 73 Plate, also I'm having the two Dashcam's fitted and also have the Ceramic coating done it's a £500.00 option, just need some advice is it worth having the ceramic coating done by the dealer?

With regards to the having the ceramic coating done.... I politely refused the offer from the dealership to do it and went to a professional detailer instead. I'm very OCD when it comes to keeping my car clean and shiny so it was worth the extra cost to me. The coating service offered by the dealer will likely be subcontracted to a third party who, for the price you are paying for it, are not likely to do it in the way that it should be done. Best advice is to go to a qualified professional (with good reviews), however be aware that you are likely to be paying double the £500 that your dealer has quoted. I can thoroughly recommend the detailer who did mine if you are willing to travel to south Essex. Let me know if so and I'll post the details here.

Vehicle been sitting at the dealership, 15 mins along the road since Monday - deposit paid, paperwork signed yet I can't go and collect the car - Kinto One (arranging my business lease) state 'Toyota' have to verify the documents. This company seem to do everything within their power to draw out the process and put constant barriers in the way. All the more frustrating given how close by the car is!

1 hour ago, FJN said:

Vehicle been sitting at the dealership, 15 mins along the road since Monday - deposit paid, paperwork signed yet I can't go and collect the car - Kinto One (arranging my business lease) state 'Toyota' have to verify the documents. This company seem to do everything within their power to draw out the process and put constant barriers in the way. All the more frustrating given how close by the car is!

Very frustrating.

Hopefully soon 😃

1 hour ago, Scotlex said:

Very frustrating.

Hopefully soon 😃

Looking like tomorrow, due to some admin error on the paperwork holding things up now. A good start to the weekend nonetheless! 

Just carrying on the topic of ceramic coating mentioned above, when I popped into my Lexus dealership last week he asked me if I wanted my new NX ceramic coated and sent me a couple of links to the new Lexus Protect product. I think he said it was about £700 to have the whole car done, and that it has been approved by Toyota Lexus Japan. Unsure myself, has anyone had this done by Lexus?

https://www.flipsnack.com/psegen3/lexus-customer-leaflet/full-view.html

And the video:-

https://www.gen-3pp.com/media/lexusInchcape.mp4

Picked up my NX 450h+ premium plus pack, protection pack, in sonic titanium, with black and rich cream interior at lunchtime today - just under a year from order.

It is the MY24, with protection pack, but with only 1 key fob and no locking wheel nuts due sometime into Qtr 3

Very happy with the car- great ride home and 2/3 of way in ev mode till it ran out ….

lots of settings to sort out so will be sat playing with it on the drive before taking it out a little later.

I did like my NX300h but this is another level up so Yes I think the wait was worth it 

• Like 8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links