Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2010+ Lexus ISF to choose

On 11/3/2023 at 12:33 PM, DamianLEX said:

It is going to be daily car as I had RCF for 2 years. Issue with RCF was that 12&7 years old kids don’t fit in the back. My boy was kicking me and daughter could not touch floor because RCF seats are so deep. It was annoying after a while + 2 doors I promised myself to get in next 5-10 years when this issue is gone. Also I don’t need a flashy car and didn’t like that all the people around looks at RCF, a proper head turner. 

Just because the ISF has 4 doors doesn't necessarily mean it will be more roomy. I think I've heard the floor pan in RC and IS is the exact same length (though not 100% sure about this) - but my point is many people have complained about lack of interior space in the ISF so you might want to get someone sat behind you and figure out if it's going to work for you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Just because the ISF has 4 doors doesn't necessarily mean it will be more roomy. I think I've heard the floor pan in RC and IS is the exact same length (though not 100% sure about this) - but my point is many people have complained about lack of interior space in the ISF so you might want to get someone sat behind you and figure out if it's going to work for you.

Only overweight reviewers on TV/YouTube complain about the rear seating, actual owners usually don't even notice there is any issue.  Right guys?

• Like 1

My kids were 17 and 13 when I had my ISF, my eldest was 6ft - never complained about lack of room in the car.

Also to back up what others have said, try and get a 2011 MY car. They are quite an old design now first coming out in 2008.  The 2011 facelift gives different lights etc, not that matters, but the bits inside, sport button on the wheel, instead of fumbling around on the dash, Bluetooth phone and streaming (IIRC), different dash, central rev counter, make life a little easier. 

• Like 1

We have currently is250 2015 and we don’t complain. Somehow RCF has different back seat profile and kids were struggling a lot even if same floor area. 
But if somehow IS 2nd gen is too small then there is no option for me really to have a v8 sleeper up to £25k really. 
German brands don’t exist for me any more.

6 hours ago, Grey One said:

Only overweight reviewers on TV/YouTube complain about the rear seating, actual owners usually don't even notice there is any issue.  Right guys?

Perhaps thats because actual owners of the ISF, find it easier to drive the car from the drivers seat, rather than from the rear passenger seats. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grey One said:

I’m 6’3” and did struggle with rear seat room, though only when I was driving and needed to carry someone behind me.

I’m also 18 stone though so might have been because I’m a ‘big’ bloke!!

On 11/5/2023 at 12:39 PM, Rob RCF said:

After 5 years with ISF and 8 with RCF, I can confirm that the ISF has usefully more space in the back.

My road bike (large size for 6'4" bloke) fitted easily in the back of the ISF. I need to take pedals and saddle off to squeeze it in the RCF.

Kids also fit better in the ISF 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this thread. You’d think I’d check this a bit more often with a car for sale. 😃

My son is 24 and my daughter is 19. 

Normally my wife and daughter go in the back. Myself and my son are 6ft. 

As for the best value ISF for sale…I’m biased. Plus there’s wiggle room in my price, as with anything. 

The import one confused me on AT as it is a facelift model but is a 2009 car? I thought facelift was 2010?

Mine is the cheapest facelift non import, non insurance cat damaged car I believe. 

The actual switchover to producing 2010 models in the factory, happened in the latter months of 09. Just as loads of 2011 models were produced in 2010. Imports in the UK, get their number plate based on the day they left the factory, rather than when they were officially registered in the UK after weeks on a boat etc.

From memory, the EVO reviewed facelift UK car was an 09 car. Wherever that is now.

Seriously? Well thats a coinkydink, 1 in 200-ish..... You never know who you are talking to eh, hope its still going well. I imported mine, its also a 59 plate 2010 model. What are you thinking to move onto?

I’ve got a Tesla model 3 performance at the moment due to my increase in miles. Ridiculous acceleration, it’s quite fun. 

Don’t want to do those in the Lexus. So both on the drive at the moment. Saved about £600 in fuel already as we have an EV charger on free vend at work. 

On 11/30/2023 at 7:03 AM, EP80 said:

Imports in the UK, get their number plate based on the day they left the factory, rather than when they were officially registered in the UK after weeks on a boat etc.

I'm not sure that is correct. My 10 plate IS-F was pre facelift, which was built in 2009.

Unless you mean personal imports, in which case I haven't a clue.

On 12/1/2023 at 8:21 AM, d3ron said:

I’ve got a Tesla model 3 performance at the moment due to my increase in miles. Ridiculous acceleration, it’s quite fun. 

Don’t want to do those in the Lexus. So both on the drive at the moment. Saved about £600 in fuel already as we have an EV charger on free vend at work. 

It must be a completely different level of speed, I have seen a couple on full chat and they are comically fast.  I love my ISF and plan to keep it for a long time but being fair, nowadays  a 140i with a map and a couple bolt ons would wipe the floor with them in terms of speed, its the subjective things about the Lexus which make me want to hang onto it. Things move on I suppose and with good reason, well wear on the Tesla 

15 hours ago, MNMJ said:

I'm not sure that is correct. My 10 plate IS-F was pre facelift, which was built in 2009.

Unless you mean personal imports, in which case I haven't a clue.

I could be, just my own experience. From the outside, there was never really a facelift of the ISF, just the 2011 onwards got different lights, 2010 onwards got different wheel options. 

Should your ISF have been an original UK supplied car with the black stereo surround, then iirc they left the factory mid-late 08 - mid-late 09, think the crossover month was September. 

I imported mine from Japan, so the point I was making is that for imports, the UK number plate goes by the date it left the factory. UK dealer cars are different.

There were quite a lot of new options with the facelift, the USB colour option with the white seats and LSD were new. 

Also DAB and full postcode searching on NAV as well. 

That’s why the 58 plate 2009 import confused me. Looks like it had a Tv as well. 

On 12/2/2023 at 1:59 PM, EP80 said:

Should your ISF have been an original UK supplied car with the black stereo surround

The 08's have grey stereo/dash, the ISF made the switch to black in 2009 as part of the overall 2IS facelift.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Received a message about my car and I’m slightly wary:

“I Live in Southern Ireland and want to import a Lexus ISF. I am interested in buying your car. If I sent you £500 in good faith, would you have your car serviced at Lexus Birmingham, and get a new MOT for it. I would pay you your asking price for it”

Is there some kind of scam I’m being setup for?

I doubt £500 is enough ! 

suggest £1500 non refundable and a timeline for the buyer to conclude the deal including all his import and transporting issues, insurance and paperwork …… and taking the car off your hands permanently

if he fails then it’s all back to you, the £1500 too, less Lexus Birmingham costs paid of course 

Any good ? 

Malc 

I wouldn't do it. There's no reason why he can't purchase the car first, and do all that after, when he owns it. At least to my mind anyway.

Hi, me again …….. similar happened to me personally a few years back selling a classic car ….. and sight unseen …,,, I took a £500 deposit to have the car serviced and MOT ( unnecessary due to age ) and after a month the buyer couldn’t complete the deal ……, his wife had found out and blew a fuse 😰. ……, sale fell thru’ …… buyer told me to keep the money and apologised for the inconvenience …,. I still happily have the car, my 1932 Triumph 👍 

It could maybe be an honest deal 🤔

Malc 

I was away for the weekend and came back to this email:

"I sent a proposal/offer for your car recently. I am a genuine buyer living in Ireland and wanting to import an ISF. I can appreciate you might be wary of my offer and if I do not hear from you within the next 24 hours I will buy a different car."

Definitely makes me even more wary. Why the desperation? 

I took months to find a car. Good luck with his search.

• Like 1

Well, I’d be peeed off if someone I thought wanted to sell a car couldn’t be bothered getting back to me ……. wouldn’t you too !

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links