Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The end of the RCF/GSF and LC500 in the UK?

That’s a shame with 2035 being the UK cut-off …… maybe not many sales on the horizon but to have zilch opportunity to buy one new is quite sad 

Malc 

• Like 1

Is a bit of a bummer but as you mentioned, an inevitability.   Secretly, I'm hoping that one day V8s are as rare as hen's teeth......

Makes the Lexus V8s that have been produced, all the more special to drive and own!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Is a bit of a bummer but as you mentioned, an inevitability.   Secretly, I'm hoping that one day V8s are as rare as hen's teeth......

Makes the Lexus V8s that have been produced, all the more special to drive and own!

An incentive for me to live long enough to see just that.

Hopefully the value of ours will creep back up now the supply has been cut. I hope so, as mine dropped £1440 in value in the last month according to autotrader...and its not moved out of the garage.

10 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Hopefully the value of ours will creep back up now the supply has been cut. I hope so, as mine dropped £1440 in value in the last month according to autotrader...and its not moved out of the garage.

I’m not brave enough to look….ignorance is bliss.  If I assume it’s worth 37p then I can’t be disappointed…..unless it drops to 36p!

Depreciation on all and any cars is foreknown and to be expected. The more expensive the car the greater the hit very often 

35% the first year not too amiss then it softens a little to maybe 70% over the first 3 years 

So that £1440 the 1st month is “fine” 🥵……. except to the owner 

Dealers margins need to be strong to cope with this and stock financing 

Motto ……. buy the best value car you can and get the max JOY from it 👍

Malc 

• Like 1

I think I'm going to keep mine for the time being, having paid £165 to tax it for this year part of me loves the idea of that. Now I have the Yaris GR I am more than happy with my combination of cars. In fact since buying the GR the charm of the RCF has been rekindled for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Motto ……. buy the best value car you can and get the max JOY from it 👍

I think this is really important.  I understand why others don’t like putting miles on cars but it’s not something I prescribe to.  I may get a 3rd car but for now the RCF is my daily.

I love every minute in the Lexus and always look forward to driving it.  I’m considering an S-Class as a 3rd car but the thing putting me off is whether I have the discipline to not drive the RCF everyday….

How do others do it????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

I think this is really important.  I understand why others don’t like putting miles on cars but it’s not something I prescribe to.  I may get a 3rd car but for now the RCF is my daily.

I love every minute in the Lexus and always look forward to driving it.  I’m considering an S-Class as a 3rd car but the thing putting me off is whether I have the discipline to not drive the RCF everyday….

How do others do it????

The likelihood is I will buy a second SC430 in the New Year,because I want to do the mileage and doing it in two evens out the impact. Total crap of course. Just love the car and what's better than having one ,having two !! Max out the enjoyment is my motto too.

• Like 1

We're out and about alternate days in my 2 X Ls400s  and the 3.5ltr Honda Legend is for ULEZ journeys mainly  ......  don't know why I bought my second Ls400 but there we are, I have it and it will be used  .........  247k miles on the 95 car and just shy of 100k on the 91 car

Insurance is for 5000 miles on each Ls400 and 7k miles on the Honda 

Hopes we can drive 17k miles a year going forward ..... we'll try hard to achieve it I'm sure

Car collections are a bit silly for everyday use BUT even sillier if one's paying  " top dollar "  and suffering massive depreciation  ...  my 11.5 ltrs stand me in at very little money, indeed they might even be appreciating in value  !😂

Malc

• Like 3

I have a cheap Honda Civic meant as a runabout (to save miles, short journeys and winter use on my 2017 GSF), but I find I use the Civic on longer trips too. Wife also has Renault Captur I can have use of. I also have 3 motorcycles which more than scratch the 'driving thrill' itch. So I usually do around 5 - 6 k miles per year with the GSF (now at 39k miles). I find this approach keeps driving the GSF 'fresh' and I still feel a buzz each time 

The 4k miles or so that I do in the civic more than pays for itself in saving the depreciation (miles and condition) of the GSF.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2023 at 8:49 AM, Malc1 said:

So that £1440 the 1st month is “fine” 🥵……. except to the owner 

Dealers margins need to be strong to cope with this and stock financing 

I bought mine from a Lexus dealer at 3 months old and about £11,500 under list. Apparently an old chap had bought it, driven it fewer than 1500 miles, decided he didn't like it, and traded it back in for an LS. I shudder to think what they gave him for a trade in price...

This year I've bought an old Subaru Legacy as a 4WD winter car. More to keep salt off the RCF than mileage, but also to protect it from other winter hazards.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MNMJ said:

This year I've bought an old Subaru Legacy as a 4WD

My son bought a JDM Legacy with the right engine in it. It's really good car and it is pretty quick! A great value option I believe.

• 2 months later...

It’s a funny thing, a Lexus V8… they’re the halo car, but Lexus has never really seemed that bothered with them in the UK (or buyers weren’t…)

I’ve had my GSF for 6 years now - it’s my daily driver and I can’t think what I’d ever replace it with. I’d probably choose the GSF’s successor but… there isn’t one! Bit of a shame the IS500 never made it here, but I’m not sure that’s quite what I’d want. Makes me laugh the occasional mailshots from Lexus telling me that “there’s never been a better time to trade up your Lexus..”!

The sting of the annual VED of around £700 lasts a few minutes, but the GSF has been my ideal car since I first sat in one in Hedge End showroom whilst my ISF was being serviced.

A sad, but inevitable end.

• Like 7

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links