Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What best performing cars has everyone driven?

George

Ok ! This should be a fun and interesting post. I was wondering what is the best performing car or cars you guys have ever driven or gone for a ride in ? Please be honest.

The subject is a little off the mark but, this should be fun to read none the less I hope..!!!

I'll venture to go first since I'm posting:

- Volvo S80 T-6 (Bi-turbo 2.9 L inline-6, 24V, 274 bhp) modle 2000. Extras: tiptronic plus fully equipped. This was a rental car through Hertz in Stockholm. I had it for 2 days and maxed it out at 250 km/h (156 MPH). Let just say that this luxury saloon had pulling power in excess. It shot straight to top speed without tiering. This is a real beast in disguise.

- Subaru Impreza GT model 2001, 218bhp turbo. This is the fastest car I have ever test driven. It really pushed me back into my seat. The 4WD grip is amazing and I overtook 3 cars in like 4 seconds. Really really quick this one.

- BMW 850i (300bhp, V12) This car I was only a passanger in. The most expensive car I have experienced. Really smooth and powerful and sophisticated. We outgunned a Corvette in it on the freeway.

detomaso pantera (tuned aprox 650HP!!)

that was my racer in the group4, in the 70ties.

AC Cobra. (on the road)

formula 2 . (testdrive in zolder belgium)

all this in my golden years as a racing driver.

nostalgia yes.......

TVR Cebera 4.2, nice in a straight line! nuf said.(150mph)

BMW M3 EVO nice, artifficial feel though, chad interior, did not like.

Lotus Elise 111S nice, fun fantastic feel but after a gym session would not have been able to get in let alone out.

My IS200 supercharged is up there though, a refined Demon. love it too bits.

Last week I got a ride in a 1993 single turbo supra with 540 rwhp at 1.6 bar.

It was the fastest car I have ever been in in my live.

On a roll, nothing can touch that beast.

I also got a ride in a Cobra V8 kit car last year which had 400 hp, the sound was awesome.

I have also driven several porsches, they drive nce too.

The fastest car I have driven was my 1999 Subaru Impreza Turbo.I used to love wasting them boy racers at the lights !!

Other than that it would be a Evo 6 Tommi Mackinnen or the Impreza WRX STi Prodrive

But I think my IS200 is a good all rounder

porsche 911 (996) carerra 4 is the quickest, and probably the best car i've ever driven - from the moment i turned the key i had a big grin on my face - fantastic :D

mercedes SL500 (the one they've just stopped making) was a big let down, it looked very 'rich' but handled like a lemon...

BMW 750iL Individual (armor protected) & DVD system...got the feeling to be very important :D

Maserati Ghibli 2.0....damn fast :D

Cobra V8 Kit...like Richie said...cool sound

Mitsubishi 2000GT...very impressive

Toyota Supra...also very impressive

[Edited on 5-3-2002 by Leexus]

[Edited on 5-3-2002 by Leexus]

Rover 620Ti was nice in a straight line inthe dry as long as the road was smooth.

Test drove a Subaru Legacy GT-B twin turbo, vewwy nice

Skoda Octavia RS (sorry, couldn't resist :smilegrin: )

My brother in laws 1959 Ford Consul fitted with a 302cu in V8 was cool, as was my friends Camaro Z28.

Of course very, very few cars can match my bike for all round performance ( 0-60 in ~3 secs, top speed of 160mph 1/4 mile in the low 11's) and it's only a little 600 :P

If talking straight line speed - not sure..... driven a fair few fast cars (cars capable of 0-60 in less than 5 seconds) but for overall driving pleasure - predictable I know..... but the NSX really is a dream!

I have driven lots of super cars - but only one Supercar ! :D

Oh - my previous fella had a T595i ...... 955cc triple fuel injected, carbon cans, very very very quick !!! And stunning - possibly the most beautiful bike IMO - I know everyone loves the Duccatti and Aprilas, but I like motors that go!

• 1 month later...

Humm... first post!! Yipee

Well, driven wise, fastest = Merc E55. Wow! What stunning motor. And the brakes! Then it would be a 355 but only slowly. And a boxster and a Fiat Coupe Turbo, ***** was that fun.

Having had a ride in: F456GT, F360, 996 C4, 993 C2, 964 C2, 928GT4, 850CSI, Oh, and the Mclaren F1 wasn't bad either! :)

Wow - you folks have driven some serious moters... :rolleyes:

I have had the opportunity of driving 2 Ferraris with Everyman Motorsports on a track day at Prestwold Hall Driving Centre - one was the Mondial and the other a Testarossa - did 180mph in the latar! :D

Other than that, driven my friends M3, Dad's Merc AMG and my previous hot hatch - Pug 306 GTI-6... :cool:

wow you guys have driven all nice cars,

my fastest driving experience were made

Audi S8

S320 2000

AUDI TT

slk compressor (260kmh downhill highway drive, nearly lost my life when I hardly overseen that corner :D:D:D)

BMW 740

CLK 320

Porsche Boxter S

Porsche 911

however the best compromise is still my 2002 dragoon green 2000 IS 200

• 2 months later...

The fastest I ever drove I owned

Subaru Impreza 300bhp WRX Jap import had it for 4 years and Ialso got FREE along with car 4 points on my licence :flaming: I should have meant not free but also £120 fine.:rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links