Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just got my GS back from it's annual service and MOT, 7 years old now but still looks and drives beautifully. Total clean sheet from Lexus, no advisories at all. Thought I'd treat her to a full detail to celebrate.
Kudos to Lexus Hedge End for their usual spot on service.

I was just thinking, what else could you buy now in the Lexus range (excluding LC/RC-F) that can rival the comfort, power and economy of this GS ? It's a keeper for sure!

Dave.

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6659.JPG

416084372_968569558133359_1565023008421186843.jpg

• Like 7

Us LS guys are in the same boat !

Its very difficult to pull yourself away from that smooth serene luxurious drive of the LS.

But I'm pretty sure my next car is going to be GS Premier!

16 hours ago, rsdave said:

Just got my GS back from it's annual service and MOT, 7 years old now but still looks and drives beautifully. Total clean sheet from Lexus, no advisories at all. Thought I'd treat her to a full detail to celebrate.
Kudos to Lexus Hedge End for their usual spot on service.

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6659.JPG

416084372_968569558133359_1565023008421186843.jpg

I have also yesterday had major service and MOT done at Hedge End.Again,an(almost) clean sheet,apart f from rear wheel alignment..the inner edges of the 2 rear tyres on my RC were completely shredded and bald.Without lying flat on the ground,you can't easily see the inner edge....otherwise It'd have picked it up sooner.Otherwise the 2 rear tyres had a good 6mm tread.

The service from Hedge End was again First Class.

5 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Us LS guys are in the same boat !

Its very difficult to pull yourself away from that smooth serene luxurious drive of the LS.

But I'm pretty sure my next car is going to be GS Premier!

I seem unable to resist buying older Ls400s 🤣

Malc 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steven Lockey said:

Yep, its the great thing about buying older high-end cars. Cheap and high quality.

Only thing I miss is all the phone gadgets newer cars have.

Lexus/Toyota yes, JLR and Mercedes maybe not 😀

On 2/28/2024 at 10:27 AM, steve2006 said:

Lexus/Toyota yes, JLR and Mercedes maybe not 😀

Mercs are great, they are very similar to Lexus.

BMW and others, not so much.

• Like 1

Lexus=Japanese Merc.

Just a shame there is nothing really in the same class to replace the GS.

My father in law wants to buy a Freelander 2 I keep telling its built in Liverpool (Halewood) but he won't listen !

• Like 1

Your car looks like new Dave, it looks great and a very nice colour too. I wondered if it's Sonic Titanium. I agree about the service you get from Lexus Hedge End. I was their the other day and they had a 2016 GS F Sport in their covered used car area. It looked very smart. I thought the interior was much more 'traditional' Lexus and all the better for it with the nice clock and dashboard and door trims.    

27 minutes ago, Chris UXe said:

Your car looks like new Dave, it looks great and a very nice colour too. I wondered if it's Sonic Titanium. I agree about the service you get from Lexus Hedge End. I was their the other day and they had a 2016 GS F Sport in their covered used car area. It looked very smart. I thought the interior was much more 'traditional' Lexus and all the better for it with the nice clock and dashboard and door trims.    

Hi Chris, indeed yes it is Sonic Titanium. 

I'm actually back at Hedge End on Monday with my other car, an RX450h for the canbus protection plates to be fitted. Hopefully they take care of her, I'm sure they will.

I have a search running on Autotrader for facelift GS450h's, they do pop up from time to time, but usually sell very quickly, often in less than 24 hours. Clearly those who know them snap them up!
Auto Express certainly got it right when they voted the GS as "UK’s favourite used car" in 2021.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigglesfllesundone said:

There were only 78 GS450h series 4 facelifts registered in UK.

I think that's just for the Premier grade, there were close to 30 F Sports too so Lexus managed to sneak into three figures. The majority of GS sales at that time were for the 300h.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, b4u2 said:

@rsdave

How come your lexus has such low mileage?

It's unusual for car of this age!

The first owner was a retired gentleman from Kensington and I guess he didn't venture out of London too often. When I purchased it in 2021 from Lexus Hedge End it had just 3649 miles on the clock from new.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 7:41 AM, KayCee said:

I will wager its not for sale

I have had a few offers for mine

Yes definitely not for sale any time soon I'm afraid. There's simply nothing I could replace it with (for the money I would get in a private sale) that would come anywhere near close to the quality, reliability, performance, features, etc.

Dave.

Lexus Hatfield phoned again the other day to tell me about another used car event 😒 never ending since I got that recall done & I said to the guy the same as above their is nothing in the current range to replace the GS & even the fwd ES interior is a step backwards.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links