Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

****stolen***

Just had my RX taken from my drive,

reg no MV04VDF

Black in colour

Taken from Tottington area of Bury

Not much chance of anyone seeing as they were waiting for me so it's been stolen to order but if anyone sees the reg PM me

cheers

Rich

bad news :angry:

any idea how they got in or drove it away

when you say they were waiting for you, hope there wasnt any confrontation

good luck in getting it back ;)

I can only think of two ways this may have been possible .........

1) robbery ....

2) letter box job (putting a bamboo stick / fishing rod through to obtain the keys)

Either way ..... I'll keep my eyes open, and make sure it get's circulated to all 32 Boroughs in the MET.

Regards,

I was setting off when i realised i had forgotten a box, I went to collect it from my porch which is about 10 feet away from the car and when i turned round he was getting in and on his way, the shock of it made me stand still a bit which probably give him the extra time. by the time i had got my wife's keys to follow he had gone. Apparently there were a few done around my area this morning, mostly people defrosting but i had the car in view. My neighbour saw the car they were waiting in pull round from the nieghbours drive and this chap jumped out of the car and into mine. It must have happended in the space of 10 seconds.

All the what ifs are coming out now, i think that I might have been fortunate to be outside of the car as i think they were going to take it whatever.

Rich

I was loading the car up for work, i was setting off when i realised i had forgotten a box, I jumped out to collect it from my porch which is about 10 feet away from the car and when i turned round he was getting in and on his way, the shock of it made me stand still a bit which probably give him the extra time. by the time i had got my wife's keys to follow he had gone. Apparently there were a few done around my area this morning, mostly people defrosting but i had the car in view. My neighbour saw the car they were waiting in pull round from the nieghbours drive and this chap jumped out of the car and into mine. It must have happended in the space of 10 seconds.

All the what ifs are coming out now, i think that I might have been fortunate to be outside of the car as i think they were going to take it whatever.

Rich

This is not something you want to tell your insurance company. There have been reports of non-payment due to breech of T&Cs which states that you should keep your vehicle locked when away from it.

Doesn't sound it was stolen to order. There is alot of this thing going on, I think they just drive around until they spot an opportunity. Now the weather is getting worse it will start happening more and more.

Sorry to hear that mate, thats a pretty terrible thing to happen. Lets hope the Police can tear themselves away from their speed camera's for long enough to catch the B....rds

Mate, please don't tarnish all police officers with the same brush :angry:

well its true in'it? They would rather make money than spend it on local bobbys etc

I said don't tarnish "police officers" - what the government does with there taxes, and money - is beyond the police's control.

Mate

really sorry to hear this - what a bloody shock!

This happened to my mates neighbour last autumn.

He went back into the house to get something, but had stopped the car and put the car keys on the stairs by his front door while he walked 20ft down the corridor to the kitchen to pick up what he had forgotten.

He was only in there for about 50 seconds and as he walked back to the front door heard his car starting and got through the front door in time to see his car being driven off his drive.

My mates wife saw the whole thing but it was so quick there was nothing she could do in time.

The basterd basically follwed him through his own front door (which he had left ajar) took the keys and was gone.

He's still fighting the insuarance company for the money to my knowledge as they don't accept that the car was truelly stolen as it was driven away with the keys!

I really hope you get this sorted.

Condolences

Mike G

bad news, hope it comes back in 1 piece soon....

i could be wrong, i heard that you can get fined if you got out the car & the car is started up as this happened to someone a yr ago on a cold freezing winter & that police man happened to walk past..........

i done things like this before but never again even though where i live is 'quite peaceful part of the area'

i could be wrong, i heard that you can get fined if you got out the car & the car is started up as this happened to someone a yr ago on a cold freezing winter & that police man happened to walk past..........

It's an offence to leave a vehicle running and unattended on the highway. AFAIK it doesn't apply to your driveway/other private ground.

Sorry to hear that mate, thats a pretty terrible thing to happen. Lets hope the Police can tear themselves away from their speed camera's for long enough to catch the B....rds

Mate, please don't tarnish all police officers with the same brush :angry:

A Police Officer who calls himself Scarface !!!! I stand by what I say, I see a greater Police presence on the roads with their mobile speed traps than in town patrolling the streets. Can't remember the last time I saw a PC on the street. I am sick to death of watching my speed, afraid of some Copper jumping out with his radar gun to catch more easy meat. Got my first three points recently for doing 35 in a 30 limit. The road was empty !!!! Now I have to watch the speedo constantly instead of watching the road. I respect the individuals who choose to join the force and understand the pressures they are often under but the system stinks. Motorists are an easy target. It has gone too far. :angry:

yeah i know feeling watch your speed!! in Essex there is always lot of police on part of a dual carriageway blocking off 1 lane on a thursday afternoon randamly stopping 'any cars' while other police were stopping other drivers & another using somethign plugged to a laptop monitoring cars passing by. i got stopped few yrs bk as my sidelights were supposedly 'blue' maybe it was but it was very unnoticeable! i still see lots of JDM MR2 with orange sidelights these days!! i got fined for it, even though my 1st offence, would of thought a warning for 1st offence maybe not now but few yrs ago?? then he gave me a lecture for 10 minutes & i wanted to go!! he even said 'its people like you stopping us police from attending something urgent' i didnt ask to get stopped & ask for a lecture for 10+ minutes. he could of just did what he needed to do & let me go. but tried to make me feel guilty/my fault if he couldnt attend something urgent but if that was the case i wouldnt!!

A Police Officer who calls himself Scarface !!!! I stand by what I say, I see a greater Police presence on the roads with their mobile speed traps than in town patrolling the streets. Can't remember the last time I saw a PC on the street. I am sick to death of watching my speed, afraid of some Copper jumping out with his radar gun to catch more easy meat. Got my first three points recently for doing 35 in a 30 limit. The road was empty !!!! Now I have to watch the speedo constantly instead of watching the road. I respect the individuals who choose to join the force and understand the pressures they are often under but the system stinks. Motorists are an easy target. It has gone too far. :angry:

A Police Officer who calls himself Scarface !!!! I stand by what I say, I see a greater Police presence on the roads with their mobile speed traps than in town patrolling the streets. Can't remember the last time I saw a PC on the street. I am sick to death of watching my speed, afraid of some Copper jumping out with his radar gun to catch more easy meat. Got my first three points recently for doing 35 in a 30 limit. The road was empty !!!! Now I have to watch the speedo constantly instead of watching the road. I respect the individuals who choose to join the force and understand the pressures they are often under but the system stinks. Motorists are an easy target. It has gone too far.  :angry:

Easylife, Don't take out your personal issues with my LOC member name.

I have chosen this member ship name as I feel that the movie "ScarFace" is the best movie ever made, so don't draw up these little conclusions in your head about me, because you don't even know me.

and if yo do want to know who I am ... then I suggest a meet would be ideal.

If you haven't seen a single police officer on the street, then goto LONDON, and you'll see all the police you like ............ again , I'm sticking to my point, don't tarnish all police officers with the same brush, and just because you have been recently given 3 points for driving over the limit, don't take it out on me, and especially don't take it out on me in a public forum.

Thanks again.

Certain forces do abuse the speed guns, I have said that before, so don't go there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links