Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Been Car Jacked!

MrADeveci

wrist is fine ....... fingers go up and down ....but are limited ... as it hurts ...

and sideways .... well my second from last finger .. on my left hand ... can'tmove it sideways at all !!!  v painfull.

Is that close to where u broke some bones/injured ligaments?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrist is fine ....... fingers go up and down ....but are limited ... as it hurts ...

and sideways .... well my second from last finger .. on my left hand ... can'tmove it sideways at all !!!  v painfull.

Is that close to where u broke some bones/injured ligaments?

yes ... it runs across those knuckles ... that support that finger !

I'm gutted for you mate.. sorry to hear what happened.

Don't know what this World is coming to. Can't even go out in daylight these days without a chance of getting robbed.

I was jumped by 8 kids in Brixton (London) once, just because I was had a Phones4u bag. However, it is very surreal when it does happen, and I ended up holding on and getting dragged on the floor for 10m or so. Ended up with split lip, grazed hand and bruised.

Even though the bag didnt have a phone in it, you do seem to do whats right at the time to protect ur property. I can't even imagine or compare what you went through.

It is a sad state of affairs when these things happen and even worse wen there is a similar story everyday in the newspaper.....really is sad.

Hope u have a speedy recovery.

From what you tell me mate it seems the tendons are intact, which is a good thing. That pain is probably because of the broken bones near that finger rather than the finger itself. Hopefully will settle down soon- keep on poppin them pills :)

I think London is probably one of the worse places for car crime, purely because there are just so many cars (and loads of really nice ones) and the population density. The police really needs to crack down on this stuff, as I am sure the money gained from car crime probably contributes too all sorts of other nasty operations.

DAMN......... i've just read what happened but it wont sink in. You must be gutted mate.

You hear of things like this happening to other people, but you don't think it'll happen to you.

I guess if the car is stripped, this is the best site to come across the parts for sale.

There's always someone looking on eBay.

If it was me, i wouldn't want it back. You don't know what it's been through since you last saw it.

My heart goes out to you mate...

DAMN......... i've just read what happened but it wont sink in. You must be gutted mate.

You hear of things like this happening to other people, but you don't think it'll happen to you.

I guess if the car is stripped, this is the best site to come across the parts for sale.

There's always someone looking on ebay.

If it was me, i wouldn't want it back. You don't know what it's been through since you last saw it.

My heart goes out to you mate...

Thanks mate ... and no - ur right, I don't want it back anymore - I mean ... who would ! :crybaby:

damn, i only just read this thread, im so sorry to hear that fella.

I realy am, i am glad your ok tho. cars can be replaced in the end.

How old were these guys? when i had the car on show at the southend legal cruise a group of 4 lads with a very similar description talked to me.

Basicaly offering me ring'd cars and parts. very shifty looking. kept my keys in the pocket. not that they couldhave driven it away coz it was on show.

but they certainly made me remember that there are people out there that want what you have and are ptrpared to take it.

They were from east london. if i can be of any help just call me.

Sorry for you mate only just read this. Glad you are OK, makes my gripes with scrotes seem like nothing.

Cheers mate .... still got painfull hand .... that kinda restricts everyday life ... to a certain extent ..... . but hey - it's a small world :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Got a phone call today from the insurance company .............. they have offered me £11,965 :angry:

They told me that I am entitled to reject this offer, and if I am able to find some examples of cars the same as mine, that's what they will pay me .........

So I will do just that ............

http://www.lexus.co.uk/detail?template=/le...5058&vidindex=2

That's the same as my car ............ with 20K less miles ......... for £17,495 !!

My car also had the styling Kit ... !! ....... any suggestions ?

Got a phone call today from the insurance company .............. they have offered me £11,965  :angry:

They told me that I am entitled to reject this offer, and if I am able to find some examples of cars the same as mine, that's what they will pay me .........

So I will do just that ............

http://www.lexus.co.uk/detail?template=/le...5058&vidindex=2

That's the same as my car ............ with 20K less miles .........  for £17,495 !!

My car also had the styling Kit ... !! ....... any suggestions ?

send them the link to that one then mate!

and wait for your 17.5k cheque ;)

try and find private sales, as many as you can

the problem with dealer sales are that there is a lot of profit built in,

insurance companys will not pay for the profit

look at trying to get back what you think you would be able to sell it privately for

lets face it , mitch has been trying to sell his 2002 for £15000 with no luck yet

Direct Line have just rang me ..... and said

"after your exmaples .... and out research blah blah blah"

We can now offer you a final settlement figure of £13,500

I said "yes please thank you ....." lol ........... :P

Cheque should be arriving within 5 - 7 working days !! ......... so ........ IS300 here I come !!! :whistling::whistling:

Direct Line have just rang me ..... and said

"after your exmaples .... and out research blah blah blah"

We can now offer you a final settlement figure of £13,500

I said "yes please thank you ....." lol ...........  :P

Cheque should be arriving within 5 - 7 working days !! ......... so ........ IS300 here I come !!!  :whistling:  :whistling:

Glad u got it sorted out now matey.... :) :) :) :)

Good news on the insurance front, but what have the Police come up with ?

Have they said anything, do you feel they have in fact done anything about it ?

Also, when you get the IS300, I presume a Tracker will go on !?!?

Nothing from the police mate .... that cars long gone ! ........ And tracker, oh yes - for sure .... and an in built auto destruction kit to it blows the driver up ! lol

IS300

Any mods in mind

apart from the Tracker

I'm going to be modding the interior - IE Sounds system, OEM unit ... but uprated amps, speakers - and some tv's hopefully ! ...... watch this space :P

you want that anti theft device thats in robocop

robber sits in the drivers seat, he gets fried to a crisp and then the car spits him out on the road, still smoking!!

I must say .... I don't actually remember that part ? although it sounds great ! ... lol ... was that 1 , 2 or 3 ?

you want that anti theft device thats in robocop

robber sits in the drivers seat, he gets fried to a crisp and then the car spits him out on the road, still smoking!!

I must say .... I don't actually remember that part ? although it sounds great ! ... lol ... was that 1 , 2 or 3 ?

i can get something very similar from south africa - highly illegal in the Uk tho :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links