Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

IMO..........looks at tad Mazda / Beemer for me.......not quite the unique shape which the original (and best some might add) cut, and cut above the rest it did indeed! Anyone out there have any benchmark figures as to what the pricing might be once it hits Blighty in the undressed version of the IS250?

Brave move and I'm sure it will be well received :mat:

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I not too keen on wood interior unless its a GS300 or a 7 series, i would prefer it if is 'grey wood' like on the Honda accord type-s ? Wonder what it look like in yellow if u get them in yellow, the now previous is200 looks good in yellow.

from what i hear...........around the 24,000 price

Oh, thanx for the info................residuals, residuals!!!!!! Me thinks it will also deserve some rather tasty options too!

Anon, perhaps we will be further convinced once we have seen her in the flesh?

November I hear?????? :driving:

Looks good  :D

And where is the diesel auto option - I hear that just like Jag and Honda the diesel engine will be manual only.

There won't be an auto because it won't help you :)

Diesel driving is like opening a bottel of soda....... pfffffffftttTT! .... and all power is gone

:tomato:

:D :D

I'm not alone! Other people hate wood trim was well! That was one of the appeals of the IS200 for me, no wood trim or "kindling" as I call it. :shifty:

The IS250 is a nice car, certainly spec wise it's everything I would have liked to see in the IS200, over 200bhp and AWD. The use of brushed metal in the trim is very nice indeed, and plenty of toys to play with as well.

But the looks... The front is a little too confused for my tastes. It's OK when viewed head on but not when at an angle. It needs sports trim! :lol: And the sides are just doors. It's floor, door, door, still door, not quite window yet, finally some glass! (No wait it's the moonroof). I need to see it in the steel I think, get some proper perspective as I doubt the photos do it justice.

Certainly it's giving me second thoughts about adding a supercharger and the like to my current IS200...

I like it although the overall shape of the car reminded me of a Scion, the headlights look similar to the current Honda Accord coupe, and the taillights are close to the Acura TSX. But, it's a Lexus and Lexus just do not make mistakes.

-sOlo-

This is probably just me but ....

Does the icon on the lower right button of the steering wheel look like someone taking a dump? Is this the end of Motorway services? What does this button do?

--------------------

it looks like it is telephone control button's the top 2 look like start and end call buttons the bottoms one looks like a voice dialing button

I would like to make this thread the official thread for discussion on the new 2006 IS.

Please read main Article: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/articles/..._lexus_is.shtml

New new child is born to LOC  :blush:

Were you given any idea of the UK sale price or do we expect the usual new model price hike.

Expect 25k ish might be a reasonable guess.

Same styling house as BMW have been stuck with for the past few years although overall shape is good not sure about the slab sided doors. Like the interior.

I guess the real problem, and it's common to all new cars now, is that the exterior is mainly not designed by the manuafacturers but is a product of the constraints imposed by Euro and US safety regs. Thus you get these nasty slanty fronts to meet the new pedestrian impact regs etc. The manufacturers these days can only tinker round the edge!

Lovely! This could well be the car that gets me back into Lexus ownership!

As much as I love my current Z it was only ever a short term thing (couple of years) before getting back into a four seater.

I'm glad Lexus are begining to get a family look about their cars - it works well for Audi, BMW, MB so why not Lexus?

I'm looking forward to seeing this in the flesh and hope it looks as good. I just hope Lexus don't go all BMW and offer a basic car with lots of extra cost options. And add my name to the "no wood" list! Some nice brushed steel (real - not plastic) would be nice.

Sorry guys, but I don't agree with all the guys who say it doesn't look good, cos I think it looks great. It looks really classy and upmarket, without losing all sporting credentials (its like the difference between the Honda S2000 and the Porsche Boxster, both are great looking sportscars, but pull up at a nice hotel and I know which one I'd rather be in)

They should've kept the power bulge, and the chronograph dials, they were nice touches that would've marked the IS out, but having said that, I don't agree totally with it being a 'baby' GS. There's obviously going to be a common theme to all models in a range (I'm sure the new LS will share some similarity too)

The current IS is a great looking car, but is starting to look dated, and the new one is exactly what was required in a replacement. While I love the IS, in terms of kudos, it has always seemed to be compared to Mazda 6s, Honda Accords and the like as well as BMWs, Mercs and Audis, whereas you'd never see a BMW or Merc be compared to a Mazda. This car totally looks the part and will raise the game to the next level away from all the budget saloon cars

The arse does the talking, the rest is just not worthy..

I'm sure it will grow on me... Wonder if they do a Japanese Altezza model :D

So come on you learned lot who tampered with our patience prior to the release pics...when is the car being launched road worthy? I have been told that for the princely sum of £1000 I can be the 5th inline (local dealership that is) for one of these intrepidly exciting clay facsimiles....but where and when are the price lists / options being released to the oh so choosy Lexus philes??????? Coz me thinks I might just have one!!! Well done Lexus you have grown on me....... :huh:

i really like it! the interior is much better than the current one.

BUT

it looks overweight, the rear lights look very honda to me ( i dont know why) and if there is going to be a carbon fibre interior please make it real!!! there only one thing i hate more than saxo's and thats fake carbon fibre!!! might as well wrap it in tesco value wrapping. :tsktsk:

cant wait to see a black one.

:nuke:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links