Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Burning Cd's For The Car

Before anyone shouts "SEARCH" I have and followed advice about slow burn speeds. :D

Anyway just getting to grips with iTunes and tried a few times burning CD's first at max speed and gradually slower but none work in my car. (53 Plate).

I still get an "error 1" message.

I have been using Verbatim CD-RW:700MB discs from HMV.

Also the discs I burn don't work on our NAD CD player but on my little girls stereo so I know they are recording.

Any pointers where I am going wrong? :duh:

I found i couldnt get any copied cds to work in my 2001 IS. So on long journeys just take the ipod instead. Plus it holds a lot more tunes on it :D

I only have an ipod shuffle. Though a USB in the next gen IS for it might be a good idea.

I use "Nero Express" to burn CD's they work on everything.

Some CD's have copy protection so use "Audiograbber" (free download) to convert to MP3 and they burn back as audio using Nero

yep as you found CD_RW will not work with standard cd players but just a tip for anyone who doesn't know have a look at www.svp.co.uk or blankdiscshop you can get cd writables for about 3 quid for 25

Is there a difference between a CD-R and a "Digital Audio" CD-R? I've got a Sony multi-changer and in the leaflet that came with it there's a line that says something like "only use CD-Rs that are Digital Audio compatible" - is this just a con by Sony to make us buy more expensive disks?

Is there a difference between a CD-R and a "Digital Audio" CD-R? I've got a Sony multi-changer and in the leaflet that came with it there's a line that says something like "only use CD-Rs that are Digital Audio compatible" - is this just a con by Sony to make us buy more expensive disks?

a CD-R is a CD-R as far as i know it shouldn't make any difference as long as you use that format it may be the dye or the plastic is different/more scratch resistant but essentially they are the same

We're having the same discussion at Euro LOC at the moment. My CD-Player starts to make problems too. Although I changed nothing in the last couple of months - same CD's (CD-R), same burner, same speed, same program (iTunes/MacOS X 10.3) - my in car stereo comes up with "error 1" quite often when playing newer CD's. As someone other here mentions iTunes - perhaps apple has changed something in newer versions that causes problems with CD's in our cars? :unsure:

I will try to burn the same CD on my PC with the same media, speed etc... but with another program than iTunes. If it works that may indicate a problem with iTunes :question:

We're having the same discussion at Euro LOC at the moment. My CD-Player starts to make problems too. Although I changed nothing in the last couple of months - same CD's (CD-R), same burner, same speed, same program (iTunes/MacOS X 10.3) - my in car stereo comes up with "error 1" quite often when playing newer CD's. As someone other here mentions iTunes - perhaps Apple has changed something in newer versions that causes problems with CD's in our cars?  :unsure:

I will try to burn the same CD on my PC with the same media, speed etc... but with another program than iTunes. If it works that may indicate a problem with iTunes  :question:

this has probly been mentioned but all my backups (ahem) in my changer are CD-R copies i use nero v6.3 to do all my burning and have never had a problem with it the only real thing i can think of is something i did once which was tick the wrong box in the burn set up and never noticed it and it didn't convert the files to wav from mp3 as most cd players won't recognise mp3 files

Yes it is just a con. I believe some of the money goes to the record industry to cover the cost of lost sales due to people copying CDs

The stand alone hi-fi recorders etc. can only use DA CD-Rs unless you hack them. There is something on a DA disc that the recorders check for however the actual recording part is the same as a normal CD-R

You can also try www.ebuyer.co.uk for cheap CD's- well under a tenner for 100 cds (but remember postage cost)

Don't bother with eBuyer, they won't always honour their online prices even after taking your money (a legal and binding contract according to their T&C, still doesn't stop them breaking the contract and cancelling the order).

www.ukdvdr.co.uk is a better bet. Cheap inks, too!

You can also try www.ebuyer.co.uk for cheap CD's- well under a tenner for 100 cds (but remember postage cost)

Don't bother with eBuyer, they won't always honour their online prices even after taking your money (a legal and binding contract according to their T&C, still doesn't stop them breaking the contract and cancelling the order).

www.ukdvdr.co.uk is a better bet. Cheap inks, too!

I've been buying off em for years, and never had a problem :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links