Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This is my first post on this forum so please be gentle with me.

I currently drive a GS430 Sport, having owned a GS300 previously. I am now considering changing to an LS430, but am worried that I am not old enough! Seriously.

I am 53 years old and would be interested to know the average age of LS drivers. Perhaps this forum could give me a clue.

Stupid question, I know, but I would be interested. I have such little street cred left and I would hate to lose that.

Many thanks

Im 31 and Drive a GS300 MK2 Sport

I would love to own an LS430, I just cannot afford one :(

but I dont think your not old enough for an LS, why should only old farts enjoy them ? hehe

buy the car for yourself not to please someone else.

I'm 56 and only have a '93 400, but, my 26 year old son ALWAYS wants to drive it when I see him because (his words) "its just a superb motor". I love it because its the fastest thing I've ever driven (last was a Rover 827(Honda) and I thought that was fast) and it will blow away just about any opposition!!

Do it, you are a long time dead

Well I'm "only" 52 and love my LS400 too. But let's face it, you don't buy one for its image, but because you know that when you are in it there is no better place you could be . . .

Let others think what they want.

Thanks guys. I agree with everything you say about 'sod what others think'. It's only that I've never seen anyone under 70 driving one. Mind you, I do live near Bristol, which is hardly at the cutting edge of technology or style. They think you're a 'bit flash' down here if you've got Sky TV. And when I take my TR6 out on a sunny day! Well, you'd think I'd just landed from Mars...

Bobby Bee!

One of the many reasons/justifications I use for driving an LS, is that it gets up the long, thin noses of all those small-minded people where I work who drive tinny diesel-powered motorised bedpans and boast endlessly about their wonderful fuel consumption, whilst ignoring the savage depreciation which renders this frugality a myth.

As for the LS being an Old Man's car, well, we all know how quick they are when aroused, and this morning I was chucking my Mk 3 around and it still surprises me how agile it actually is. (Best not try this in the wet.)

Just before I bought mine, I sauntered over to a chap in one outside B&Q one Sunday morning and had a natter. He LOVED his to bits and was about 20 years younger than my 57 years.

So buy your LS and after a suitable time, come back to our excellent site and tell us how much you are enjoying it!

Thanks guys. I agree with everything you say about 'sod what others think'. It's only that I've never seen anyone under 70 driving one.

Folks, I’m 39 and bought my ’93 LS 400 in the US when I was 35. I loved it so much that I shipped it back to blighty when I left Houston for Aberdeen in Scotland.

The thing is a missile in disguise. Handling is OK if you can live with the body roll (must be the American spec suspension settings). Chews up the front nearside tyre a wee bit – but I suspect that is due to it being shimmed for opposite cambers being left hand drive….

Just do it (if you do not mind the cost of spare parts – that said, just get them from the US…)

Will

PS Am I the youngest one here ? :P

hi guys,

im 38 and had my ls400 for nearly 3years,i wanted on for a long time before that best car ive ever driven let alone owned all my mates love it and so do the women :D .I think they are a lovely looking car and built to last when i grow up a want an LS430

Andy

I have seen modded versions of the LS430 and they look sooooo good.

It is that these cars are too expensive otherwise i would go for one myself

extrior_m2.jpg

Movie :P

I am 38 and love my LS400!! Fuel consumption is horrendous but what else should I expect with such a beautiful 4.0L V8 in a properly built executive barge with toys aplenty that most cars still don't have as standard 10 years later?... :D

Will

PS Am I the youngest one here ?

no

I'm 32 and love my LS400. Forget about the "old man" thing. A Rover 75 is an "old man's car" but they're nasty underpowered little things, even the V6. An LS is so powerful and understated.Every person who has been driven in my LS has been impressed. I've always been a Jag man until I bought my LS and wouldn't even consider another Mondeo, I mean Jaguar.

The only car I aspire to now is an LS430.

Good luck whatever you choose.

I am now considering changing to an LS430, but am worried that I am not old enough!  Seriously.

Ahem! I'm 30-something, picked up my 54 LS 430 a month or so ago and can honestly say I haven't once thought of it as an old man's car.

One of my 20-something managers, who wasn't too struck by the LS 400, reckons the LS 430 is "phat" and a "heavy ride", apparently that's good. :winky:

If you have the opportunity to get a LS 430 then just do it - you will not regret it.

I'm 28 and on my first LS400 (which I got when I was 27).

I had a Volvo S60, and that was really an old mans car!

I love quality things and I managed to pick up my H reg for £1,750. 3rd party it's cheaper to insure than the Volvo and it's a fantastic drive.

I haven't found anyone who doesn't like it - even my wife thinks it's good!

I'm already planning my next 400, then onto the 430!

Hi everyone, Oooh, my first post on here :ph34r:.

I would quite like to get an LS400 soon.

I've been looking at the prices and hope to get an early M or N reg MK3 model when i have the money, which i think seems to have the best spec overall for me. The MK4 is just too expensive for me at the moment.

I have swapped between wanting a Soarer and a LS400 for a while, the LS is more practical 4 seats and all, the soarer looks a bit smaller physically which mentally helps the not driving such a huge car feeling etc. I'm only interested in the V8 soarer of course :D.

I made a sheet to put in my cars window to see if i got any interest in my car, then went to bed one night ready to print it of when i fancy. Then the next day in a car park someone drove into me so now it needs new bumpers and a headlight :crybaby: i wont know until i get a quote exactly what needs doing as no where i tried seemed open on saturday and i didn't try sunday what with even the supermarkets being closed.

So now i need to get my car fixed before i sell it, doh :(.

I was 24 in february however.

Bought my LS when I was 34 (35 now) and never considered it an old man's car. Other people do but stuff them!! :D

I can also echo jellyBean's comments - it is always amusing to see the look on people's faces when you blast past them in an "old man's car"!! As for fuel consumption - what the hell!! Everyone should have a V8 in their life once - and it does wind up the eco warriors in their superminis :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links