Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Not asleep yet Ian :question::lol:

Make yourself a large mug of Horlicks/Cocoa and then you will be prepared for the night ahead of sore eyes, and a marathon of fidgiting :lol::lol::lol:

Tony.

The Mk 1 is a babe, still say shes better looking than the mk 2 :D and not so many, :hehe: just watch out for radiators and brakes :shutit: :shutit: OK mk 3 is nice VERY NICE. dream on, maybe in 4 years time hey.

MK1's are the best looking GS's imo, probably gonna be slated for it, I wouldn't part with my 1997 GS300 Sport, even if you paid me, come to think of it if I won the lottery, or inherited a massive amount of money (very doubtful) I'd still keep it, 58K miles, FLSH, and me the proud owner, looked in mint condition, but has cost me a bit, not been looked after as well as first thought, but you can't fault it.

Hope you enjoy yours, bet you're still up now thinking about it, in which case make yourself a nice hot drink and think about it some more :D

they are rock solid... i have had mine 12 months now...

faultless until last week as it needed a ball joint.. £40

But £40 (apart from tyres and service) who can moan? the car has been excellent

When you've finished driving around with that cheshire grin on your face, care to take some piccs of your lovey lady. It's good to see another MK I GS in the family, Oh - what time did you go to sleep in the end last night/this morning.

Congradulations

Hi all,

loved the remarks LOL! . Ive been in about an hour , as I was late picking the car up, had to rush my mums pet to the vets first , but all sorted now :D .

Well what can I say, or not say LOL, firstly thankyou for ALL the encouragment from the word go. The car is fantastic and I am so pleased, It was worth every penny!

I did check the cd changer and it all there :D (thanks Tony for that)

Now to list the things wrong, from worst to better :lol:

The arial is broken (oh well) so im going to get a new one Sunday. Its £29 for a fully automatic one at a car discount center.

erm... oh yes there is a water mark on the seat belt

erm .... a small chip mark on the bumper

um ...( Im trying honest) a small 10mm split in the paint above the door , drivers side. (been shown a trick for that it wont even notice)

Im really thinking now :D

three plastic studs missing in the boot compartment

Also the scratches that I thought where on the wing are just marks :D :D :D

Its a lovely motor , and yes I was smiling all the way home lol

I wouldnt mind some tips on fitting a new arial please , is it easy?

Im going to get a camera sorted soon, so I'll put a picture on the post in a week or so.

thanks guys :)

Nice one Ian, sounds like a cracker, get some pics up :D

The aerial, you're better off paying for a new mast from lexus, the standard aerial is well up to the job and it should be easy to replace.

I'm assuming its a UK car with an automatic aerial on it, theres a nut on the top, chrome i believe, find a tool to fit it, and unscrew it like a bottle top, if the aerial is broken the mast should come out easily. The next bit requires two people, turn the radio and get an assistant to turn it off whilst you get the new mast and insert the beaded plastic into the tube in the aerial until you can push it no further, i think the teeth should face the front of the car, get your assistant to turn the radio off, either on the radio or the ignition, then push down on the plastic and it should start feeding in, be quick to align the metal part of the mast up with the hole, and make sure you push it down far enough to get the chrome ring back on, then tighten up turn the radio on watch the aerial go up, it should go all the way down when you turn the radio off.

This can take a couple of attempts to get right, and usually if the bottom of the mast is in the hole, and theres still a link of so extended the next time the aerial goes up to its full extent and back down it should go all the way.

Hope this helps if you do decide to keep the original electric aerial, i think its got noise supressors on the bottom aswell, quite a good standard aerial to match the awwesome stock stereo

u can et replacement aerial masts from lexus dealers for about 27£, if the rest of the elec aerial is allright

fitting is easy

:)

think it goes like this,,

undo the nut ontop of aerial, turn radio on, it will push the old aerial out, leave radio on and insert the new mast in , i think the teeth face foreward, on the cord, turn radio off it will retract the aerial into car, tighten nut, i did mine with my 8 year old daughter so its not hard (5 mins max)

any way enjoy your new car :)

Steve

I think it has to be a lexus arial as the lexus one go,s up and down a little bit as you change stations or bands ??.not sure if the aftermarket type will do this .glad you like the car.i also have some plastic clips missing from the boot my dealer has been asked to get some in stock three times now and had failed everytime to do it .if they are the only things you can find wrong sounds like you got a good one .

Thanks for that :D , I had a close look at the arial, and from what I can see (i'll try and describe it the best I can)

There is a rubber round seal on the wing, and in this is the remnants of the arial.

The damage looks like an arial which has been extended then snapped off , as it is broken off just inside the lip. The part I can see in the recess is the broken thicker part of the arial, so there is a hole about 8mm wide with the jagged edge of the arial surrounding it. It looks like it was broken off with force, though I could be wrong. I hope I can fix it. It must be very expensive to replace.

It has no chrome fitting at all, so I wonder if it is an off the shelf one already.

I was caught unawares as I didnt check the arial, I was so busy checking all the other stuff , that I have to admit I overlooked it. There is an arial atttached to the roof (about 8 inches tall) towards the back, and I thought in all honesty that was the arial and didnt give it another glance, most of the time was looking under the car and inside etc.

If I do have to replace the whole thing, can I get away with fitting a cheaper automatic one? (as it does look a bit ugly).

What I will do first though is take the whole unit out if thats ok to do, and strip it and clean it , (Ill put a smart looking black cap over the hole temporary) then if the motor is ok ill get the other part as suggested. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links