Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Persuade Wife Car Needs Fat Exhaust?

javadude

OK any ideas how I persuade my wife that the car would be better if I changed the exhaust?

I'd like to get something that added a few bhp and sounded a bit louder without being too intrusive.

But reasons which would put her off would be:

- It would make the car go faster.

- It would be louder

:crybaby:

Would it also improve torque? Could I truthfully say that the car would be more flexible at low revs?

Any other wacky ideas?

You must tell her that it "Improves" fuel consumption ! That all footballers wives have fat exhausts. That Madona has ordered a Gucci one and it's the "must have" accessory for women to be seen with. You are only doing this for Her! Fat exhausts make women look slimmer This is a well known fact!

If none of this works tell her somebody at the Building Society has made a dreadful mistake and last months mortgage was "definitely" paid.

Just sneak off and get it done. She prob won't notice the difference anyway :D

If she does it will be too late anyway, hot tongue and cold shoulder for a few days then life will be back to normal :driving:

You must tell her that it "Improves" fuel consumption ! That all footballers wives have fat exhausts. That Madona has ordered a Gucci one and it's the "must have" accessory for women to be seen with.  You are only doing this for Her! Fat exhausts make women look slimmer This is a well known fact!

:lol: PMSL! :lol:

I like your style...... :D

personally, in your case I would reccomend the Peco - free's up the engine a lot, gives a nice deep growl, but its not much louder, and looks very OEM...

The best way is spend a week talking about 'is that the exhaust blowing'.. 'you know, i think somethings up with the exhaust'.

Alternativley, try the 'you know the standard exhaust is actually really bad for the engine, being very restrictive to meet EU regulations, ideally I should put on an exhaust to free up the engine to run how it was designed to'

;)

I have mastered the technique! :P

Teach you i will !!!

Say the exhaust needs changing as some of the mounting points have rusted or snapped off and that the car isn't road worthy with the exhaust in that state! Then tell her you went to your local lexus dealer on the way home and for a new back box it will cost you £600...... but a performance one is cheaper and will last for longer as its stainless steel!!!!!

so by buying the performance one you are saving money and getting better quality!!!!

I used this technique when thinking about getting new wheels as the old ones had corroded, it worked so well that she bought the wheels for me :lol::lol::lol:

Ha ha some good ones. I especially liked this one...

Fat exhausts make women look slimmer This is a well known fact!

Hmm perhaps I should just wait til she asks what I want for Christmas...

personally, in your case I would reccomend the Peco - free's up the engine a lot, gives a nice deep growl, but its not much louder, and looks very OEM...

Thanks for the exhaust suggestions Fidgits and Zee

Then tell her you went to your local lexus dealer on the way home and for a new back box it will cost you £600...... but a performance one is cheaper

Hmmm managed to get DBA discs like that. Dealers would have charged about £300 to supply and fit standard ones so I bought the DBA ones for £200 and fitted them myself. B)

I have an old back-box (just about to bin it - you could have that - put a hammer thru it and show her (already having taken yours off and stowed it away) - then go out to "Lexus" for another - get shock at cost - and come home with your new one (already bought and stashed at a mates ....). :geek:

Hmmm thanks but looking for something a bit more...err... honest... Guess I'll just have to persuade her with my charms :D Oh hmmm :huh:

Its not dishonesty if you omit certain facts remember like the ex president all you need is plausible deniability :winky:

A bunch of flowers and a you are my bestest friend card, then break the news that you would dearly love a new exhaust and would your bestest friend be pleased to make you happy. :D :whistling: :winky:

Good luck!

just do what i said, don't bother mashing up your exhaust. not like she is going to go out to the car and crawl around on the floor to check it is she. :P :D

My girlfriend was well against modding the car, but after a few car shows and local meets. she is now worst then me, telling me, the car is nice but it would be even nicer with a screen, lowered and a kit.......not too mention a charger :P

she does however have a hidden agenda and wants to be put on the insurance, but she hasn't even passed her test yet and its going to be costly :crybaby:

tell her that yes it will make the car faster ......

and thus the time spent travelling home to be with her will be shortened, so in reality you are only doing it so that you might spend a few more precious moments with her :)

Be nice but to the point.

Put her suitcases in the boot and tell her you will drop her off at her mothers on the way to the exhaust fitters!

She'd like that - then I get to look after the kids by myself :blink:

tell her that yes it will make the car faster ......

and thus the time spent travelling home to be with her will be shortened, so in reality you are only doing it so that you might spend a few more precious moments with her

Hey thats more like it - just might work... :lol::wub:

Confuse her!

Tell her the tone emitted by the exhaust sineusoidally is shifted 180 degrees to that of the tone sineusoidal frequency emited by the engine. Thus having a cancelling out effect of all noise. Then when you get it on the car, start saying things like:

"Wow I can hear you more clearly! Its so quiet! Now I can hear your beautiful voice as you give me directions! and tell me I am going the wrong way"

Failing that get the exhaust and check out this website

www.russianbrides.com :D

GALLA_4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links