Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hid's Too Bright?

For the guys with HID's, when driving at night on dipped beam, have you ever noticed how many oncoming vehicles give you a flash of main beam, like to say "turn off your main beam" :blink:

And they don't like when you DO give a flash back of MAIN BEAM :excl:

not ever had it yet

make sure they are not set to high

Self levelling, aren't they on the 300?

yes they are, i think the problem is in the UK most people are not used to HID/XENON lights, so assume your driving with High beam

Actually HID lights should have a sharper cut off so be less dazzling. I would have thought most people are used to the higher temperature light by now.

I haven't had it with the Prolex HID kit yet.... BUT i was being followed last week by my car as my brother was driving it... and it was dazzling :yahoo:

Seen a couple of real bright HID headlamps of BMW's...and noticed no headlamp wahsers fitted...numpties obviously dont realise that they need them to keep the headlaps clean as the light bounces off the dirt on headlamps, so ruining the aim. Also wonder if they had the auto levelers fitted...

Still at least I know they'll fail the next MOT without those bits (in theory anyway).

yup, we get this too...like Mr M says, just wished i could see their startled expression when you DO flash them with mainbeam!! :yahoo:

i'm a bit sad cos i think it's soooooo cool when the lights come on & you can see the beam levelling ;) captain kirk/picard/archer, here i come! :D (hmmm, just given away i'm a bit of a trekkie... :rolleyes: )

Yep, I get it regularly, and no, they don't like it when you flash them back!

I was thinking of tweaking the leveller to bring them down a step or two.

I've been flashed a few times now, think it's just the dazzling that does it.... When I'm sat behind other cars the light level is low enough to cut off before it reaches anywhere near the back window so I know it's not hitting people in the rear view mirror which is one of my peeves..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links