Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A Little Bit Hacked Off

OLI_EP3

Well don't want to name any names but **** me I'm really ****** off.

Situation is that I needed a part for a project (well, a few bits and pieces but I'lll call it a 'part') I have been in talks with this person (on LOC) with on going dialog about price and negotiating what is included even talked about payment methods etc and we agreed (my cousin and I) that we wanted it. This was before some series of incidents theat meant the part was put on the backburner and all this was relayed to this person. Basically my cousins car had an accident and needed to sort that out before we progressed further. Again this was told and still everything was good in fact a deposit was offered.

in fact his last comments were

I wont let any of the bits go until i hear otherwise, and im sorry to hear bout ur cousins car! what is it?

This was before JAE and then I message him saying yup we are ready to rock, just need a date. Next I know I hear another party is interested. I think ok as we had a gentlemans' agreement I thought I would have first refusal etc so offered the payment and agreed to buy it.

I HAVE HAD NO REPLY TO MY PM's OR EMAILS

now as the car was fixed another incident where my cousins car was flooded by the tornado in birmingham meant the part is needed most definitely. I finally found out through other sources that the part has been sold and basically my trust in this persons messages were just pure and utter bull.

I'll probably pi$$ off a few people here as he's been around a bit longer contributed a bit more and is probably 'part of the gang' but i don't really give a sh!t. In fact if you don't hear or see of me after this you know I've been banned or removed..... I know how the mods try to protect and censor things....

We need this part as when bad things happen we try to help others right? team spirit and all that............. It's not the other buyer I'm pi$$ed off with it's the communication thing. I could ahve been told in the early stages.

think what you like, post what you like, just really hacked off by it all.

Sorry to hear your dillema!

In the same vein. A certain LOC member on here was struggling to get some bits for his car, nothing major. I got hold of these for him for £10 (TEN QUID) I posted them up to him 1st.class. He was ever so GRATEFUL He told me how pleased he was. NEVER seen the £10 as promised and he doesn't post on here any more.

It truly isn't the £10 He can give it to charity and if he does I will match it with another £10.

It is the thought that he is a fellow member who was having a problem and I helped him out.(As many other members on here have helped me out) I didn't make any profit I spent my time getting it for him and you get sweet FA in return.

If he was financially strapped that would have been okay. It has been proved on here that most LOCers will help out when they can. It just pizzed me off that he blanked me even after me sending him PMs to see if everything was okay.

A lesson learned I suppose.

Not to be detterred by his action. One bad apple doesn't make a rotten tree!

I did a little deal with Mike (MR.MORSE) No problems money sent ,item sent, a little bit of mutual trust on both sides. A fellow member helping another member out without profit.

Anyway thats my gripe!!!!!

If you are reading this you :tsktsk: Then give the tenner to charity.

This site is really good for members helping out other members!

Its a really helpfull comunity and its a shame when people take advantage of this. Sorry to here about both of your cases and i hope you both get things sorted!!!

:offtopic: Sorry i didn't say hi to you at JAE T7RY B, but i saw your car and it was looking Phat :D

Jason :P

It was'nt a gearbox + engine out of an altezza you was after was it ? and ecu  :ph34r:

possibly........ :ph34r:

but then you could have taken that from the topic I started in the buy and sell area. :P

T7RY B:

Well you genuinely helped out somebody and it's a joke that they didn't even pay you or contact you. Were they a new member? Hope that doesn't put you off helping other's.....

I was really pleased that I got a really decent deal and was pleased to say that he was from LOC and that the community spirit thing was helpful as the deal was due to the fact that I was a LOC'er etc.

I'm just annoyed that I wasn't informed or in fact I was mentioned to the third party that bought the part. I mean I've told my cousin "yeah yeah he's a decent guy from the LOC and they are a decent bunch on there" I've been letting him know the promises that have been made and as he's part of the driftworks community.... I now look a cnut for making false promises, that someone else made....... I even have saved all the pm's....... :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

It was'nt a gearbox + engine out of an altezza you was after was it ? and ecu  :ph34r:

possibly........ :ph34r:

but then you could have taken that from the topic I started in the buy and sell area. :P

T7RY B:

Well you genuinely helped out somebody and it's a joke that they didn't even pay you or contact you. Were they a new member? Hope that doesn't put you off helping other's.....

I was really pleased that I got a really decent deal and was pleased to say that he was from LOC and that the community spirit thing was helpful as the deal was due to the fact that I was a LOC'er etc.

I'm just annoyed that I wasn't informed or in fact I was mentioned to the third party that bought the part. I mean I've told my cousin "yeah yeah he's a decent guy from the LOC and they are a decent bunch on there" I've been letting him know the promises that have been made and as he's part of the driftworks community.... I now look a cnut for making false promises, that someone else made....... I even have saved all the pm's....... :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

No mate, not the topic, it was the bit where you said that he was'nt replying to you pm's that did it for me :D i had the same :ph34r:

I'm fortunate in that most of the dealings I've done through LOC have been with honest people - Terry, Dave E, Matt Cook.

I did have another where I found out I had been shafted on the price of some parts, but I put that down to experience as I was not familiar with the member's reputation at the time.

But from what I was hearing from various people at JAE, more and more honest members are being screwed over by an increasing minority of those who are not so honest, or out to make a fast buck at someone else's expense.

I'm sure those people know who they are and must be aware that their names are being made available to others!

Buyer beware :nuke:

No mate, not the topic, it was the bit where you said that he was'nt replying to you pm's that did it for me  :D i had the same  :ph34r:

where you after the same part?

I even had the 'shall we shake on it' spiel from him too. I thought he was really decent and very helpful at that point. Even very understanding when I told him about the problems and that the part had to be delayed slightly. I trusted him when he said that HE WOULDN'T LET IT GO BEFORE TELLING ME.

I dont think a name and shame is necessary and I could provide more info in gold but main bits are here - those who pm'ed me will know who and what :winky:

They can defend themselves if they want as they must know what I'm talking about.....

the fact remains

Re:parts, Jul 8 2005, 05:01 PM  

I wont let any of the bits go until i hear otherwise, and im sorry to hear bout ur cousins car! what is it?

at a point where we need it the most......... after the tornado's

You should see the responses on driftworks!

I don't believe my **** luck. look what the mother nature did to my car.

the first picture showed is the water already gone down by half. it was cover over the bonnet when it's at the highest point, i can only see the roof.

Jay was over straight from work and try to get the car started, but it's a dead meat. all the oil has washed away and the injectors seems stock open, flooded the engine. and when we try to clear the water out of the engine with the plug leads out and it caught fire whith w40 all over the engine bay. i don't know what more to say.

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

But from what I was hearing from various people at JAE, more and more honest members are being screwed over by an increasing minority of those who are not so honest, or out to make a fast buck at someone else's expense.

if anyone is having dealings with people on LOC and are being screwed - please let me know.

Privately, by PM is fine.

But members screwing over other members is not on.

Sorry to hear you got screwed over, also sorry about the cousins car :( The pictures of the Tornado were frightening - I'm not far away from there.

You don't have to be much of a detective to work who the other party was who went back on the deal :) He should put his side of the story here, then we can all judge for ourselves.

OH MY ***!!!!!!  :o  :o  :o

That water was well high! Im sorry to here about this, i think i remember seeing that car at JAE, it was looking well sweet!!!!!

Me too :crybaby:

Id be surprised he has anything defensive to say as I have pm's of the deal we made that I'd happily share.

Just so fu(ked off as I thought I had a solution to the waterlogged corolla and it turns out I don't .......and all my efforts have made me look a tw@t.

cash, deposits everything was offered too.......

before pics

gallery_3663_147_4801.jpg

Sorry to hear about your ordeal OLI, I hope you get to the bottom of this and get some answers………….he’s probably watching your thread right now, just wait and see what he says.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal OLI, I hope you get to the bottom of this and get some answers………….he’s probably watching your thread right now, just wait and see what he says.

He not on at the mo :D but will be good to see if he is a real man or not :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links