Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Insurance

LowRed

I know this subject has been brought up before, but why should we tell the Insurance Companies about modifications, which increases the premiums???

I don't mind telling them mods and even paying extra on the premium.

My main reason for being P***ed off is the fact if you crash, get your car nicked or whatever else may occur, the insurance companies don't pay out on the mods covered or even pay a percentage of them, just the standard vehicle prices and parts. So my main question is:

What are we paying the extra money for :question::question::question:

I'm just curious about LOC members opinions.

Each to there own :tomato: etc etc :D

My mods are not covered with Bell/Elephant. You are just paying for the car to be legally covered. I think you can request standard parts aren't used but they will only pay those costs so if your modded parts cost more you will have to pay the difference.

They say they charge extra because either the cosmetic mods will attract attention or if you are doing performance mods then the chances are you will use that extra performance where you shouldn't and are therefore more likely to put in a claim.

I'm with Flux and they told me that the mods were covered, as they also were when I was with Direct Line....

Same here.

If you don't declare the mods the insurer has every right to decline the claim.

same here, im with Flux..................and its the best thing i did..............as you know i had that bad crash not so long ago, well when the INS came out to look at it, they did not know anything about the mods.............they said to me untill we get word from Flux about all the mods we can not give the go ahead to fix the car, ( just as well i put all my mods down :whistling: ) for what it cost mate.............my ins was £580 with out the Turbo and most off the mods, and when i phoned Flux up they come back with a price off £680 for all my mods and thats with the Turbo as well :winky:

Put this way if i did not put all my mods down, i would have to pay 9K :sick: to get my car fixed

I'm paying £600 with all mods declared, but made no difference in the price wheather I had mods or not, everything was included. Rang them told about the new alloy's a while back, no price difference.

I know this subject has been brought up before, but why should we tell the Insurance Companies about modifications, which increases the premiums???

havent you posted on this subject before?

you are about 19, have 0 no claims bonus - and were responsible for an accident?

you are NOT going to get insured for £3.50 ANYWHERE.

As a young driver, with zero no claims, and a history of causing accidents - you are always going to be reamed by car insurance - sorry bud :blush:

you are about 19, have 0 no claims bonus - and were responsible for an accident?

As a young driver, with zero no claims, and a history of causing accidents - you are always going to be reamed by car insurance - sorry bud :blush:

I know I have bought this subject before, but I like to get re annoyed now and again :lol:

I'm currently paying £2700 on my insurance :crybaby:

I have a select amount of mods covered as they won't cover every single mod.

I just tried Adrian Flux again to see there quote.

And yes I am 21, have no no claims bonus, and caused an accident.

I am an Insurance Company Nightmare :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

No one quotes me happy :duh:

Flux quoted me £900ish for a standard IS300 but I had a couple of crashes in 2002 that were beem to be my fault, although I dont agree that the first one was my fault.

+ a wee ban for doing 106 on the M6 one sunny morning in 2003. :blush::blush:

Still I am happy with the quote. :D

I know I have bought this subject before, but I like to get re annoyed now and again :lol:

I'm currently paying £2700 on my insurance :crybaby:

I have a select amount of mods covered as they won't cover every single mod.

I just tried Adrian Flux again to see there quote.

And yes I am 21, have no no claims bonus, and caused an accident.

I am an Insurance Company Nightmare :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

No one quotes me happy :duh:

all i can say to you mate.............is get all your mods coverd or you will be like this :crybaby: all the time if you have a crash or if someone crashs into you..........

I think the age factor is the killer for me. Before my crash I was paying £2000 which was still a bit :crying:

I just shopped around on a Insurance brokers and Endsleigh have quoted me £7564 :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I only paid £8000 for the car, how stoopid do they think I am :question:

PS Before anyone replies I am pretty stupid so any insults may boost my confidence :D :D :lol:

I was quoted only £280 from more than  :D

32yr old 4 yrs no claims with a 'new' second driver on the policy,totally standard :winky:

I tried these.. http://www.insuresupermarket.com/motor/knowregistration.asp

thanks for posting that link , you have just got saved me 80 bucks on the best quote ive had so far :D from bell

32yr old 4 yrs no claims with a 'new' second driver on the policy,totally standard :winky:

thanks for posting that link , you have just got saved me 80 bucks on the best quote ive had so far :D from bell

Anyone got a contact number for Flux, I need a quote

Anyone got a contact number for Flux, I need a quote

Flux Tel: 08700 772233 :winky:

Yous have all got it easy for insurance in the mainland, at least compared to us in N.Ireland.

The only people who would even give me a quote at all are elephant.co.uk and for a 22 year old with 3 years NCB and no claims on a "standard" is200 the quote was £1600. :ohmy:

adrian flux are cool!!

They sent my renewal notice... I emailed them to say i can get it cheaper and they beat any other quote i had.

Paperwork is a bit tense at the beginning but they are a really good insurance company!

Also they will mirror your first policy NCB onto a second policy.

^^^ thats the fax mate

Tel is 08700 692202

no its not mate the Tel is 08700772233 Fax is 08700772938 ;)

and there website is www.adrianflux.co.uk

Not according to the letter I got on my desk mate tel 08700 692202 fax 08700 772938

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links