Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 Series Drivers....

Kazi

Been wondering why some of you are now driving Lexus as a apsose to Merc, BMW or Jag? What makes Lexus you're no.1 choice? Can't be fuel effeciency!!!

So what is it? The stigma? The reliability? The gangsta stigma? Value for money? I've been thinking about my owbn choice...........

Got to be the "not seen many of those on the road"..... or the fact that they clean up the JD Power and Associates awards up, infact Im not 100% sure why I love the Lexus brand, think it may be their legacy, Japs can do it!

Lets show BMW and Merc were better, not just as good.......

So tell me you're thoughts......

The main reasons I own a Lexus are as follows:

1 - Japanese build quality superior to German and British crap

2 - Overpriced BM's and Jags considering what you get for your money

3 - BMW's very basic interiors - no real quality in basic models

4 - I worked on Ford Mondeos - I mean Jags for 3 years and they are S**t - too many problems on the new models, very unreliable, done my head in! :duh:

And the main reason I love em is the pure style of Lexus :D

(and the Gangsta image is a bonus) :ph34r:

all B*W look the same and so do most off the Merc's ..............and you see lots & lots of them on the road :sick: Where with the IS all you have is the IS200 & IS300 + the IS looks 10 times better than any B*W or Merc.........and its JAP as well, and you get alot more for your cash inside and out.

and you know with a JAP car like the Lexus you are not going to be calling the RAC or AA out once aweek :sick: and the Lexus is made to last :winky:

I could be here all day telling you why i love the IS over most cars on the road :D

I swapped from Mercedes E320;

I had two that rusted badly, the service was poor, I wanted a smaller car but not smaller engine & reliability was very important since my Mercs had never let me down so as long as the IS350 comes to the UK I'll stay with the IS but the MD(Wifey) is already looking at the GS so who knows.

The main problem with the 3 series BMW is indicator failure !

Never see them indicate, just pull out in front of you.

As a few people know my dad had a car accident the day before I was supposed to got to JAE and just last week he bought his replacement car. A BMW 318i SE! :duh:

Its a 1998 R reg old shape one but he got it really cheap (£2500, full BMW history, HPi clear) and is pleased with it. His budget didn't stretch to a used IS200 which I think shows the IS as the more prestigious car.

I have driven it a few times and I can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that the indicators do infact work!! May this one is a one off?? :P

Thing is that all my relatives are round my dad going "wow a bimmer", yet they hardly take any notice of the Lexus!!!! The Lexus is much the more prestigious car in my mind. I think that with people of a "certain age" ;) they still regard the old prestiage brands of BMW and Mercedes as the best; over time I am sure this perception will change.

Why did I get a Lexus?

1. Japanese car - reliabily

2. Great looking car - so much nicer then the BMW 3 series/MerceC class/Jag

3. Seems to have a young persons image to it. The others seem like an old mans car

4. Lots of standard equipment.

:D

Attention to detail.

More bang for your buck.

The brand is a prestige one! and commands respect1

Nobody does it better than the Japs! Just watch pearl harbour!

All of the above I couldn't put it better myself. In addition, I felt I needed a luxury 4x4 with exemplary on road manners and the RX300 ticked all my boxes when I was researching. And still does btw! Also this owners club really impressed me, reading the posts made me think Lexus is more than just a brand name and the whole package from illuminated scuff plates to customer service is excellent. Yes it could be cheaper and do better MPG but then everyone would have them and we'd lose what exclusivity we currently hold

after having jap cars i went for a merc.....why i went for the Lex, firstly i wanted to get back into a jap motor, german cars just dont have the same feel to them...and why the IS, simply i just liked its looks :)

I had a 330Ci before I got the RX...LOVED the car....but wanted something with 4 dors and bigger since my son appeared.

I looked at an X5 but the 18 month wait and crap standard spec put me off...to get the car spec'd the way I wanted it was more than I was prepared to pay. Also fed up with the depreciation on BMW's etc, any extras you pay for is just throwing money away so loved the fact that almost everything was standard on my RX...only added metallic paint and parking sensors :D

If I remember rightly, the avarage age of an IS200 diver is 28, which is at least a decade younger than the average age of a 3 series driver. Not a reason to buy an IS200, but perhaps more of an indiation of what the appeal is.

My old man drives a BMW - why would I possibly want to buy an BMW? ;-)

Lexus are the best cars in the world.

Thats why I have one, and will always have one.

Some very valid points people. Looks alone did it for me, then after doing my home work on reliability etc, sealed it! :D

Something would have to seriously go wrong for me to buy anything else.

I work for P.A.G. a subsiduary of the Ford Motor Company, and seeing some of the comments made about Jags, I can honestly say the quality of the V8 engines in Jaguar cars are second to none. Unfortunately some of the cars (x-type/s-type)looks let them down. I personally bought my Lexus for several reasons. First and foremost is the build quality. Second is the looks, from every single angle it looks great, I cannot say that that about B*w Or M*rcs. And thirdly German cars are two a penny, nobody bats an eye when a german car goes past, but drive a Lexus and everyone looks. I spent months looking for the right car for my budget of £13000, and the only car with everything I was looking for was the Lexus.

P.S. I also considered an AC Cobra but my wife threatened to leave me, but she loved the Lexus so I got one. :whistling:

Really wanted rear wheel drive so that kind of rules out Audi A4

BM's are a very common site, well they out sell the Mondeo don't they? and I could have only afforded a good second hand one for the money.

-My local Lexus dealer is very good to deal with from the moment I first walked through the door.

-Rear wheel drive.

-Car has a quality feel about it, with some individuality as well...... Chronograph clocks.

-Equipment level was superb, far better than any equivilent quality car.

-Car feels planted through coners

I'm sure we had a similar post to this some time ago,but here goes anyway

1 Reliability.

2 Every extra on other prestige cars come as standard on a Lexus.

3 The build quality, the Lexus feels and also looks a solid car.

4 Comfort, the Lexus is the only car I have driven from Wesr Dorset to North Yorks and not got out tired and /or stiff.

5 The WOW factor,the Lexus certainly turns heads.

This is my first japanese car. I have owned it for approximately 3mnths now and am very happy with it.

I always liked the look of them from the 1st time i ever seen one. The amount of things offered as standard is amazing. :)

If I remember rightly, the avarage age of an IS200 diver is 28, which is at least a decade younger than the average age of a 3 series driver. Not a reason to buy an IS200, but perhaps more of an indiation of what the appeal is.

I'm 42 and Dave Ellen is seriously old - does this mean that because we drive IS's we are in a mid life crisis? :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links