Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Arrives

Adie

Just got home after a loooooong day of waiting.

I've only had a little drive around London and the M25 and M1 so i cant yet give a full review on it yet.

But the turbo is **** AMAZING. The car seems very rapid and the handling is also wicked with the TTE coilovers and the TTE ant roll bars. Braking is also much better with the braided lines and greenstuff pads.

Daves guy first took me for a little spin around somepart of London to show me just how good the turbo conversion is. He was flooring it around roundabouts, in and out of traffic and left my mate in his Supra for dead. A few times i thought we're going to crash or i'm going to soil myself. :P

The install looks top notch,very tidy and the new air intakes look wicked. The turbo seems much better than the s/c and a lot more fun.

The sound when the turbo spins up is great as is the sound of the BOV when you ease off the accelerator.

The main cat has also been taken off at the moment so i shall replace it with my standard cat for mot (next week) and then probably fit a performance cat. The exhaust is louder with no cats fitted but does sound good.

I've got a few jobs still to do to it, but so far so good. I think thats about everything for now. I'll give another review on it after i've had a proper play. :D :driving:

Nice one adie..............i new you would love it :winky: , and yea you are right the Turbo sounds so nice geting it up to speed :driving: and there is no better sound than hearing that BOV :D see you at the meet mate..........have fun on the way down :driving:

and there is no better sound than hearing that BOV  :D

Dunno about that mate, the SC with TDI induction makes a mental noise at gear change time that makes a BOV sound like a quiet fart :P

Good to hear she's back Adie, sounds like the car is much better now :D

Pics :lol:

Just a little more power than you had before :winky:

Sorry for the delay but Mr tech is a perfectionist !

I must say ............ today I installed the Ipod unit, hard wired the Road Angel, and the new Screen in for Adie ..............

I was looking at the wiring behind the head unit, and steering column that runs into the Greddy timer ........... very proffesional wiring .... if I must say so my self ;) B)

Right then update... :D :driving:

After having a play in it on the motorway and around Watford, the turbo conversion is even better than yesterday.

The car pulls away excellently all through the gears. It reaches max boost of .55 very quickly. Making acceleration excellent. Pulling away in 5th and 6th is also great. I can get the mph up quite high in the lower gears, although i've not yet tried to see exactly what i can get.

With the rollbars, coilovers and uprated breaking it definately gives more confidence to be more heavy footed :whistling:

Driving through Northampton on the way home the BOV definately gets the heads turning :D

@ Marcus get yourself some antiroll bars and get that clutch fitted mate :D

@ Gord anytime mate, if you're at the Nots meet :winky:

@ Dave on the :ph34r: stuff, cant wait mate :winky:

Right then update... :D  :driving:

After having a play in it on the motorway and around Watford, the turbo conversion is even better than yesterday.

The car pulls away excellently all through the gears. It reaches max boost of .55 very quickly. Making acceleration excellent. Pulling away in 5th and 6th is also great. I can get the mph up quite high in the lower gears, although i've not yet tried to see exactly what i can get.

With the rollbars, coilovers and uprated breaking it definately gives more confidence to be more heavy footed :whistling:

Driving through Northampton on the way home the BOV definately gets the heads turning :D

@ Marcus get yourself some antiroll bars and get that clutch fitted mate :D

@ Gord anytime mate, if you're at the Nots meet :winky:

@ Dave on the  :ph34r:  stuff, cant wait mate :winky:

was it roling roaded what bhp is it getting and .5 boost cant be bad mate

No problem mate. That Skyline we saw when we were out in yours was awesome. Certainly puts our cars into perspective :blush:

Indeed roll on the pod :D

I had forgot all about that...........man that car was very very fast :crying: but it was good fun trying to keep up with it :lol: :winky:

So when you popping down to Milton Keynes then? :P

suprised i didn't see you on the M25/M1.... was down near lakeside today... only raced s/c'd mini and an M3 :P

Would be nice to see it mate to compare to mine :D

So when you popping down to Milton Keynes then? :P

suprised i didn't see you on the M25/M1.... was down near lakeside today... only raced s/c'd mini and an M3 :P

Would be nice to see it mate to compare to mine :D

Might pop down one sunday night mate to the meet with some of the Northants jap gang.

You going santa pod?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links