Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tesco Introducing 99 Octane Fuel

Kazi

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=25672

Been in my area just over a month now.

The consensus here was that it didn't seem to make any notiecable difference and that you might have to reset the ECU for it to be recognised and taken advantage of.

Just for info my local is Tesco Yeading

my local tesco have been selling this for a while now but.........

went to fill up today and it's no more, just 95 ron :o

new 95 ron stickers over where the 99 ron sticker used to be.

If you want to make real race fuel, I mean +8-10 points RON, then mix 20% Xylene in your tank.

Xylene = paint thinners

It will blow a shedload of smoke out of your engine, but WILL give you the power....

Try it if you dare :shutit:

No - acetone is a ketone and has a different petrochemical structure to aromatic hydrocarbons such as xylene (or toluene, which can also be used in conjunction with xylene)

Well all I can say is that there are a load of experiments with acetone going on that seem to show more oomph and better mpg!

No - acetone is a ketone and has a different petrochemical structure to aromatic hydrocarbons such as xylene (or toluene, which can also be used in conjunction with xylene)

Well all I can say is that there are a load of experiments with acetone going on that seem to show more oomph and better mpg!

Try it with optimax as well :D

The only thing I would be worried about is the fuel pump and seals throughout the system. Acetone is very good at eating through things like that so would it have an effect in the long term when used in very small quantities?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links