Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Fitted My New Grill And Aux Adapter

Kazi

Just finished installing my Aux adapter in my IS! Great bit of kit so im well chuffed!! Not sure why my iPod tracks volume varies so much though!

Also just fitted my new grill like Aido's! (Sorry mate!) on a down side, I could not just swap my Gold badge so at the mo the fronts chrome and the rear is Gold!

All in all, im dead pleased!

Many thanks to Chris.S, Geoffers and ProLex!! :D :D :D

Not sure why my iPod tracks volume varies so much though!

It's probably because the bitrate of each MP3 is not the same ...... the higher ones are louder :shifty:

I thought it would have something to do with the bitrate but not sure why itunes don't just adjust them all to the same volume setting..........LOUD!! :lol:

Glad you like it.

I was reading an article on the latest firmware. They are looking to forward sample 2/3 mins ahead and then increase the volume so it is the same across the board.

Glad you like it!

I was reading an article on the latest firmware. They are looking to forward sample 2/3 mins and then increase the volume so it is the same across the board.

Excellent, saves me the bother of having to force an increase in volume as I lose quality. What does worry me though, I notice a quick pop in the speakers when I turn the car off whilst using the adapter, is this normal?

I notice a quick pop in the speakers when I turn the car off whilst using the adapter, is this normal?

Mine does the same. Don't think its a problem :)

Hope not, fit me to death the first time and I thought my speakers had blown! :lol:

Yes I'm afraid, but depends how loud you have it! I can bearly notice on mine, but I have the line out level on full so the amp doesn't have to be as high.

I'm increasing the the caps in them to prevent it.

What does worry me though, I notice a quick pop in the speakers when I turn the car off whilst using the adapter, is this normal?

Hmmm wont be too impressed if thats the case. Haven't recieved mine yet as its going to my work.

Geoffers, is there a way round this? I'm not keen on installing the adaptor if its going to give me turn off pop :unsure:

There was no mention of this in the original thread for them :huh:

What does worry me though, I notice a quick pop in the speakers when I turn the car off whilst using the adapter, is this normal?

Hmmm wont be too impressed if thats the case. Haven't recieved mine yet as its going to my work.

Geoffers, is there a way round this? I'm not keen on installing the adaptor if its going to give me turn off pop :unsure:

Its not really a problem to be honest, just turn the stereo off before you turn the car off, its not like you'd leave it on loud anyway when you get out.

So if the stereo is on pretty quiet then you don't get the off pop??

Not really no. Im dead happy with mine, had my MD and iPod playing through. Best thing to do is just swith the stereo off before the engine if you're worried.

The problem is the split second when you switch the engine off, and it cuts off the aux in.

It immediately switches back to the normal headunit input before the headunit has actually gone off.

If it's on loud, then as it is only a few milliseconds, it is perceived as a pop.

I don't have mine on incredibly loud so don't really hear it, but I do have it on quite loud! KNowing it's the headunit kicking back in as well, I never thought anything of it.

It also depends on how loud the output of the line device is - this should be on it's loudest so the amp has a good input to start with.

An option would be to mute the stereo as it switches over, but then this wouldn't be compatible across the board (due to different headunits) and increase the costs.

I appreciate ALL feedback on it, so please post/PM me anything.

Right ok, been doing some research into the popping sound.

As the aux immediately switches off, the headunit has a very slight delay which of course sends a split second period of sound out.

I hardly hear it, but on some units this does seem to be quite loud. (depending on what is on the headunit at the time and also the auto volume control of the headunit itself - seems to be different acorss the different models.)

Pretty sure I've made a workaround. Leave it with me for a couple of days.

It will be built into the new units.

Those already with them will obviously receive their upgrade free. You will not have to remove the headunit again, it will simply plug into the connector on the end of the aux in.

Sorry chaps - simply wasn't aware of this problem. Even across all the test units - and believe me, there's a few out there.

As I said earlier, ALL feedback is appreciated. We don't want this sort of thing happening. Just like the big manufacturers, when out in the field you come across variants that are outside of the testing.

I'll need to look at the specs of the Sportcross. I'm fairly certain it will be fine - it's not something I've tested them on to be honest!

Ok, Hope you can test it out soon, since a aux-in for my mp3 player is the one thing that is missing right now.. :P

Right ok, been doing some research into the popping sound.

As the aux immediately switches off, the headunit has a very slight delay which of course sends a split second period of sound out.

I hardly hear it, but on some units this does seem to be quite loud. (depending on what is on the headunit at the time and also the auto volume control of the headunit itself - seems to be different acorss the different models.)

Pretty sure I've made a workaround. Leave it with me for a couple of days.

It will be built into the new units.

Those already with them will obviously receive their upgrade free. You will not have to remove the headunit again, it will simply plug into the connector on the end of the aux in.

Sorry chaps - simply wasn't aware of this problem. Even across all the test units - and believe me, there's a few out there.

As I said earlier, ALL feedback is appreciated. We don't want this sort of thing happening. Just like the big manufacturers, when out in the field you come across variants that are outside of the testing.

Hows that for customer care!! :D

This is getting blown out of proportion.

Their was obviously no mention of this very slight issue in the original thread because Geoffers wasn't aware of it. I have had this running in my car for a few months and its not been anything that has worried me too much at all. At the end of the day its a slight pop.... :D

Geoffers has spent many years and lots of time and effort to get this product created. Others have tired and promised but ultimately failed. He has done it so please give him a break. Many of the toys us members on LOC are getting from the Prolex/Geoffers partnership are things that many said could not be done! :hehe: The people you could blame are the testers...hmm....such as myself :whistling::blush: I assumed the pop I was getting was because the line-level coming out of my Car PC is slightly low so I had to turn the head unit volume up a bit more then usual.

This is getting blown out of proportion.

Their was obviously no mention of this very slight issue in the original thread because Geoffers wasn't aware of it. I have had this running in my car for a few months and its not been anything that has worried me too much at all. At the end of the day its a slight pop.... :D

Geoffers has spent many years and lots of time and effort to get this product created. Others have tired and promised but ultimately failed. He has done it so please give him a break. Many of the toys us members on LOC are getting from the Prolex/Geoffers partnership are things that many said could not be done! :hehe: The people you could blame are the testers...hmm....such as myself :whistling::blush: I assumed the pop I was getting was because the line-level coming out of my Car PC is slightly low so I had to turn the head unit volume up a bit more then usual.

Well said!

I wasn't trying to blow anything out of proportion, what the hell is that comment about :duh:

If the adaptor makes a pop then it makes a pop. Information like that will help me make an INFORMED choice as to whether I actually want to install the thing in the first place.

Perhaps you are happy to live with it, but small niggles like that will eventually annoy me.

I'm not slating the product, its a good piece of kit and no doubt will do the job, I am just too fussy (call it anal if you want) to put up with an off pop.

I'm a big fan of Prolex products, having seen a few on various cars and recently bought a Kazama which is superb quality :D

All sorted guys - thanks for the feedback.

MartinC - I think if you had tried it, you would have found it to be minimal.

Either way, it's no longer there so would all people who have bought one, (Including telephone combo) please PM me their address directly, and I will ship out the little adapter to go on the end. (Saves you having to replace the unit)

Any going to the Midlands meet? Let me know, I'll bring some along.

All new ones will obviously have this as part of the design.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links