Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newbie From Greece....needs Urgent Help

Hello everyone,

I am glad that I ve found a european forum for Lexus .

In Greece Lexus is are greatly respected but i have seen two IS200 in Athens this year....The local dealer says that about only 200 IS200 have been sold in Greece..

In fell in love with this car from the moment i saw it and i am about to buy one within the next few days...

The only problem i have is that the magazines here say that it burns a lot....

13.4 liters per 62 miles (100 kilometers)

(my poor 1.6 Avensis does about 420 miles per 60lt tank in mixed driving conditions and i am a mostly conservative driver)

I have read all the topics about consumption and from what i see a 400miles per tank (60 lt) is quite achievable...

I cannot find a Lexus Driver here in Greece to ask and i am quite dissapointed...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH YOUR IS CONSUMPTION IN TERMS OF MILES PER TANK...(60 liters is the is200 tank i think)

Thanks eveyone in advance

Leonidas

AThens

Greece

I think the IS has a 65l tank? Although because of the inaccurate fuel guage you probably wouldn't put more in it than 60l even if the needle goes passed empty.

400 miles on a tank is possible on long runs but not if you do small journeys.

You will notice a big difference in fuel consumption between an IS and a 1.6 Avensis.

I think the IS has a 65l tank? Although because of the inaccurate fuel guage you probably wouldn't put more in it than 60l even if the needle goes passed empty.

400 miles on a tank is possible on long runs but not if you do small journeys.

You will notice a big difference in fuel consumption between an IS and a 1.6 Avensis.

i did wen i went from 1.2 clio to lexus is 200 ha

I have a 70L tank and after changing to a K&N air filter and cleaning my iridium spark plugs I get approx 550 km, until the light comes on and the needle is flat on 'E'. I have read that I have another 10L after the light comes on.

That works out to about 26 MPG..... :crying:

I was hoping for more, but .............and also the gasoline I get is 95 RON at best, not very good for the IS 200. Hope that helps, one thing is the car drives like a dream.

trinilex........ :driving:

I get about 320 miles per "tank" - basically when the light comes on (not neccesarily empty... but I get nervous if i'm driving around with more lights on the dash then is necessary...) :duh:

This is about 70% town driving.

D.

the IS has a 70L tank the altezza a 60L tank,  if i am on the highway I can easily get 400 miles  for 60L  ( iknow 60L because the warning light comes on when you have about 10L left)

^^^^ Same for me.

£40 @ £095.9 per litre got me 255 miles. So Im guessing that if id have filled the tank up id probably have got about 350+ with mixed driving conditions.

30mpg is not bad for a 2 litre heavy car.

Welcome to LOC and good luck with the Lex purchase! :D

If you are looking to budget for running costs I would base it in 25 MPG, most owners on here don't get as much as 30 in mixed type driving :crybaby:

It all depends on how you drive, realistically between 25 and 30 is about right, use the lower figure and you will not get a fright when you start to fill up. The mags are quoting 21 MPG even I am not that bad, worst I got was about 23 MPG.

All about the same as everyone else, 70 litre tank and i fill up everytime, light comes on then if i'm daring will let it go a bit further but always ends up filling upto 63/65 litres which i get between 320/60 miles out of which is a mixture of driving.

Think this is about 26mpg?

Thanks indeed everyone for your immediate response

Within the next few days i think that I will be the owner of a silver (and unfortunately used ) IS200...

WIsh me good luck.....

Leonidas

Nothing unfortunate about owning a "used" IS... Most Lexus owners are very caring towards their car, so i'm sure you'll find it in pristine condition, as though it just rolled out of the factory :)

PS: 66litres got me 340miles. & I drive HARD!!! :D

Thanks indeed everyone for your immediate response

Within the next few days i think that I will be the owner of a silver (and unfortunately used ) IS200...

WIsh me good luck.....

Leonidas

Nothing unfortunate about owning a "used" IS... Most Lexus owners are very caring towards their car, so i'm sure you'll find it in pristine condition, as though it just rolled out of the factory :)

PS: 66litres got me 340miles. & I drive HARD!!! :D

That's nothing fella, did 210 miles on a full tank the other week :lol: Mr Singh and Zee would put that to shame as well :o

Now that was driving hard :P

Will be interesting to see how much difference the charger has been making - I just filled up with 95 RON for the first time in two years :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links