Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Partridge Row...

dazzab69

.... has spread to the Driven forum on www.4car.co.uk.

Apparently we're uncool because Lexus has no heritage !

http://community.channel4.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...51&m=1916039171

I like to know which major makes other than Mercedes and Porsche have any heritage and one that they have remained true to.

Audi = VW parts bin

Jaguar = Ford

Aston Martin = Ford

Ferrari = Fiat

Lambourgini = VW parts bin

Maserati = Fiat

Bentley = VW parts bin

which leaves the Bavarian monster and what have they ever won ?.

Unfortunatley I almost agree on the cool thing. Lexus don't make cars for the trendy Covent Garden types. They would rather drive a dressed up Golf like the TT or the Beetle which share a disturbing no of parts with a Skoda. Toyota are pretty boring on the whole and have no racing pedigree YET.

I think the whole smug "feeling inside" ethos has got up the nose of the trendy types who've realised that they are driving a an Audi Skoda and they are fighting back with their puppet of evil, Partridge.

Partridge must DIE !!!!! :ph34r:

Guys, help me out on this one - I'm doing my best on that forum (dja771) to get the point over.

I thought it was someone from this board.

Will join the fight as soon as my new registration is confirmed.

I think Julz post (on 4car) on Snobbery=cool is rubbish.

Bentley are a snobby brand, but they cetainly are not cool.

In fact cool should have nothing to do with heritage, because the "cool" thing is usually the newest latest brand and therefore it has no track record. If you take that example all the new "cool" clothing brands of the past decade are really hopelessly uncool and Fred Perry must be the coolest brand around.

Why bother ? - accept the fact that you bought a Lexus because YOU like it - not because everybody else should like it. Not everybody is ever to like a Lexus - everybody has different tastes - you could spend a lifetime trying to convince people about the pros of owning a Lexus but if they are too dim to see it then don't waste your time - spend your time enjoying your Lexus instead!.

Gotta go, just spotted my mate in the car park.........

DAN !..........DAN !..................DAAAAAANNNN, DAN! , DAN !, DAN!, DAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Why bother ? - accept the fact that you bought a Lexus because YOU like it - not because everybody else should like it. Not everybody is ever to like a Lexus - everybody has different tastes - you could spend a lifetime trying to convince people about the pros of owning a Lexus but if they are too dim to see it then don't waste your time - spend your time enjoying your Lexus instead!.

Hmm not sure on the appeasement angle Jenners.

Our resale values could be at stake here. I'm convinced that this is the first known example of reverse product placement.

Partridge must die !!!! :ph34r:

I don't think the resale values will be hit.

The (standard) is200 maybe painfully underpowered but is still a quality car and in my view is considerably better than it's competition.

Through no choice of my own I have been driving a new C230 Kompressor these last few days - what a dog - give me a Lex anyday - no contest.

For what its worth my opinion is that if the sheep out there want to ignore ---take the p**s let them ! Will mean we retain a bit of exclusivity :D

I agree with mark in we could do with a bit more ooooooopmh particulary low down. However high speed cruising is brilliant and 50-70 is quite good.........

My boss (B*W 523 owner) was impressed with my IS200 reckoned it much smoother and was gobsmacked at how quite it was at 3 figures. was well impressed with the Sat Nav as well........

So there you have it small round dangly things to everyone else :lol:

What annoys me is people pretending to speak for a great silent majority, like this "julz" on the CH4 site. I think it comes down to jealousy, i noticed it when we bought the IS200 (with my wifes redundancy pay). My neighbour with an Avensis was all over it, wanting a test drive etc. My "friend" with his Mondeo didnt even speak about it the first time we met in the pub. Its the great silence when you have something better than theirs. :angry:

Just posted a nasty to "julz", makes me feel better :D

Isn't that the truth !!!!! My real mates loved the car and congratulated me, my acquaintences huffed and puffed silently and talked about how I could afford one and how they thought BMWs were better. One also went to great lengths to tell me how their G-Reg Mazda was better and faster.

So what?! I didn't buy the car to impress anyone, I'm not interested in scoring points and I'm not impressed with status and I'm certainly not a wannabe.

I just love my car. Simple. Just like me. :blink:

We rushed out when we had snow for ONE day last winter, just to try the "SNOW" button.

Clare- i quite agree, you get an instant silence and you know that " O-Oh" someone is green about something :huh:

i quite enjoy the jelosey thing the number of times someone has said oh is that your dads car is heading into double figures

it is good to say no i got him an aristo :lol:

had a look on the 4car site it seemed to get rather bitter and nasty i think that the guy who started the thread well is he for real think he has a lot of emotions bottled up inside him perhaps we should all join him and spread a little 'love'

:yahoo:

goad help us all if more of these clarkson cloans start popping up :baaa::baaa::baaa:

Hang on a sec.... Hands up who bought there "lexi" (partridge speak!) because of its herritage? Image? etc?.... If thats the case I for one would have succumb to peer pressure and bought a beemer.

I bought mine because it was right for me, not my friends! When i was looking to buy my first "Lexi" (A gs300 sport) some 6 years ago, i was also looking at the BMW 5**, yeah it was nice, most of the toys, but what really put me off was the fact that it was the "clitoris" model (every c*nt had one!)

The only thing i can fault with "lexi" is my experience with the dealers - now if there is a link to make with alan (aaahhaa) partridge and lexus then its that partridge clones work for them. :rolleyes:

Gotta go, just spotted my mate in the car park.........

DAN !..........DAN !..................DAAAAAANNNN, DAN! , DAN !, DAN!, DAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Very wise words my friend. A note of truth there too.

Do you use Lynx, by the way ? ;)

Cheers ............ bs :ph34r:

Personally, I think the more anyone rises to the bait, the more it will run and run.

Like all "headline news" it will have a short shelf life. I would recommend ignoring it and it will have disappeared before you know it. Also I don't think the IS200 works in Partridge anywhere near as well as the Rover Vitesse, which like Alan was out of touch with the real world and I don't think it will have a detrimental effect(like his blazer with embroidered crest). Rise above the mud slinging, as without a reaction it is fairly pointless, and then we can all get back to the reality that we are driving a car that those in the know rate as COOL!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links