Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boycott The New Is

something has to be done so im making a start!

as a former IS200 owner who was looking forward to purchasing a new model this year but now having to look elseware i'm OUTRAGED!!

a quick look on the lexus webpage confrimed my worst nightmare

specing up to EXPECTED lexus standards (leather sunroof metalic paint satnav,all standard on the outgoing model) its now possible to pay £33,000 for a new IS

thats rediculous!!!

it looks gorgeous and now has the engine it deserves but an insrease of over £10,000 is stupid!

i'm sure it will sell initially to die hard fans with the money but its going to loose its original targetted buyers who were looking for a german alternative at a reasonable price

it used to compete against the 318's and c180,s but now outprices alot more capeable cars

You are SO wrong!

If you try to spec a BumW 2.5L 3 Series Auto against a 250 SEL Auto the Bm is c.4.5k dearer & still short of

the Lexus model's specification let alone the latters style,wow factor & bullet-proof reliability & build quality!

Terry.

why compare prices with the current IS

the only thing they have in common is the name

try comparing it against the IS300 it looks a lot better value

lexus have underistimated the popularity of both the 250 and the 350

they are selling far more than they expected, so maybe they priced it too cheap !!!!!

I think alot of ppl are maybe impulse buying..

I'm happy waiting few yrs for an IS350 (imported of course), if i choose to stay with toyota/lexus :P

But alot of the time ppl are willing to loose cash on buying new car, where as i'm happier waiting as there bound to be alot of things to learn, which i'd let others do at there exspense :P

its your choice. The Lexus is250 still won't be as common as a bmw.

if its about cost wait a couple of years and buy second hand.

after my test drive i decided i would wait.

still happy with my is200. :)

I'm happy waiting few yrs for an IS350 (imported of course), if i choose to stay with toyota/lexus :P

But alot of the time ppl are willing to loose cash on buying new car, where as i'm happier waiting as there bound to be alot of things to learn, which i'd let others do at there exspense :P

I am with you on this one Am!!

yes you are probabaly right and there is sour grapes cos i cant afford it

but the annoying thing is that i used to be able to afford it!

yes the car is better but all new models are and so they should but the price hike is unjustified

i know i am not alone, two guys a know personally have gone elseware after seeing the price hike

i'm not judging the car alongside its german rivals just the price differance between new and old

lexus did it before when the original was launched but reduced the price when it didnt sell

having found thier niche in the market i believe they should have stayed with it

also having read some of the posts on imports i checked the usa site, i know all models are cheaper over their and lex is no different working out at under £20000

ps good news for all you mk1 owners as your residuals will stay high and i bet nearly new models are good sellers at £18000 ish

Wait for the new Lexus BS to arrive, which is an Audi A3, BMW 1-Series competitor. This will combine state-of-the-art vehicle design with a fair price. Quality will be much better than the German rivals as will Design. Have a look at drawings on my.IS - sweeeet! it arrives 2007.

^^

OH NO!!!

I thought lexus made a good move, 'owner cleansing' by making making cheapest model a 2.2 (even if they have priced me out of market).

I really hope the BS doesnt make it to showrooms. Should we be expecting a classy corolla?! IMHO Small cars really damage the rep of a luxury brand... A3, 1 Series, A Class, and dont get me started on the A2 :lol:

yes you are probabaly right and there is sour grapes cos i cant afford it

but the annoying thing is that i used to be able to afford it!

yes the car is better but all new models are and so they should but the price hike is unjustified

i know i am not alone, two guys a know personally have gone elseware after seeing the price hike

i'm not judging the car alongside its german rivals just the price differance between new and old

lexus did it before when the original was launched but reduced the price when it didnt sell

having found thier niche in the market i believe they should have stayed with it

also having read some of the posts on imports i checked the usa site, i know all models are cheaper over their and lex is no different working out at under £20000

ps good news for all you mk1 owners as your residuals will stay high and i bet nearly new models are good sellers at £18000 ish

i think lexus have stepped up a gear, yes there is a market for £20000 cars but i bet there is a bigger market for £30000 cars , it makes sound economical sense to sell your product at the highest price to the largest market

the us market will get cheaper prices, they have far more competition and far more sales

the change up in market also allows room for another model :winky:

Japanese is very smart in doing business especially with pricing. If they sale the new IS250 the same price as the IS200 at the time of going out, how much do you think the old IS200 now worth ? Probably drop by half. In order to maintain their brand and the class of luxury, they have to justify the value by lifting the price of the new model and at the same time it has to be better value than the german rivals. By doing that they throw in a lot more new or better items/features. Yes, it sounds a lot more dearer. But if you look at the extra items/features such as : Much powerful engine and better fuel economy, bigger space & longer base, parking sonars, Vehicle Stability/Swerve Control, noise filter, advanced 13 speaker stereo system with mp3, Smart Entry / Push Button Start, Audio Controls on Steering Wheel, Climate Controlled Front Seats, dual zone AC, lighting inside outside, Optitron / Multi Information Display, Trip computer, Telescopic/reach adjust steering wheel, Adaptive Front-lighting System, front knee airbag (how much do you think a leg might cost), stronger body & paint and etc. How much do you think each individual item cost ? If you compare these extra/better/advanced items/features with the old IS200 you will find that the new IS250 is of better value indeed :D

Wait for the new Lexus BS to arrive, which is an Audi A3, BMW 1-Series competitor. This will combine state-of-the-art vehicle design with a fair price. Quality will be much better than the German rivals as will Design. Have a look at drawings on my.IS - sweeeet! it arrives 2007.

BS meaning what? Bog Standard? :lol:

:lol:

I usually use BS as an acronym for something else, which is why i have no idea why lexus have decided to use it :P :blink:

Although I think the new IS is a very different car to the old one, much closer to the old 300 as Bazza said, so its priced quite competitively

The new IS is good, but I agree that the new pricing is going to make people think twice. My IS300 Nav cost around £30K and to get the same spec now I'd have to pay £33K. Also what gets me is that they made a big deal about how quiet the car is - at 70mph it's not that much quieter than mine. The let down was the engine - compared to the 300 it felt very sluggish at times (and the 300 is no beast!).

Yes I'll probably buy one, but I'll go for a 2nd hand one that's 2/3 years old rather than lash out on a new one again.

Yes I'll probably buy one, but I'll go for a 2nd hand one that's 2/3 years old rather than lash out on a new one again.

I completely agree. My IS300 cost 13K and at thast it is a real bargain. I'll get a 250 when they are 13-15K and the MMS is 1K extra instead of 2.5.

If they are selling so well why do Lexus dealers have them for sale on the forecourt?

My IS300 Nav cost around £30K and to get the same spec now I'd have to pay £33K.

I know its annoying that the HIDs are only on the SE-L, but besides that, even the SE has a higher spec than the old IS300 (keyless entry, ventilated seats, and all that) so based on that it still costs £30K for a fully loaded IS250SE Auto :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links