Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Phone Is Due For Replacement....

Fargo

My current D500 on Orange is up for renewal. but alas i dont know WHAT tarif/network to go for..

im pretty much gona go for D600. my current average minutes used over the last 3 months has been approx 300 as i try to use the work mobile during the day.

i need to phone crossnetwork

im liking the vodaphone stop the clock, but am wondering exactly how many phone calls are actually over 3 minutes.

im also drawn to the Tmobile flex thing and more so wheni can get a free PSP or Xbox 360 thrown in

any thoughts

depends what you want from the phone Fargo i have a D600 they are good but if you want to put any apps on it its not so good (tomtom)

However nokia nad motorola both support more apps in my experience

I got a Nokia 3230 and am happy with it so far, it occasionally "falls over" and re-starts its' self but other than that no probs.

Running TomTom on it and it has not let me down so far.

I have the D600 and it is a better phone than the D500. Not much technology advances though.

That offer you are on about i am sure you have to see the contract through for the 12mnths. Ask yourself why they are offering that? T-mobile coverage aint the best. Its the network that i have problems with.

The nokia 8800 is just style over substance as i have that one.

The nokia 6270 and 6280 are good as well. I have the 6270, a bit bulky though.

Kazi will be better informed and no doubt he will lend his professional opinion.

not after any special apps on the phone to be honest,, just want to use it as a phone (strange i know) aftet all i got an M500 for work, numerous laptops and an ipaq.

Re the PSP giveaways, yeh i thought there was a catch but it say clear as day that the item will be sent after 28 days of your contract (18month contract though)

not to keen on nokias,, as for motorola's well there menuing is just poor...

not after any special apps on the phone to be honest,, just want to use it as a phone (strange i know) aftet all i got an M500 for work, numerous laptops and an ipaq.

Re the PSP giveaways, yeh i thought there was a catch but it say clear as day that the item will be sent after 28 days of your contract (18month contract though)

not to keen on nokias,, as for motorola's well there menuing is just poor...

Cant agree more on the motorola menu.

D600 you cant go wrong for what you want it for.

I knew you would say that lol!!

Mine was for free so i cant grumble. Just as long as the screen doesnt go like the D500 i aint bothered.

The Samsung screens are rubbish. Shame as they are very clear (when they work!) Fingers crossed your handset proves me wrong......(but I know it wont :whistling: :winky: )

I have the Nokia 6280 ........

Paul, there are some new phones coming out on the market mate........

N80 ....... N91 etc ......... shop around first, and try and get the best deal !

You usually get the best deal if you sign up for a new contract, and just port your number !

Scarface, on Orange you no longer need to shop about really to get the best deal. Most networks are now realising that customer loyalty is important and offer the same deals if not better for existing customers.

Not saying this is always the case but they are making it more attractive to stay with them.

The Nokia 6280 should have been launched on Orange a short period ago but was recalled on technical issues im told.

Both the N80 and N91 are bulky and expensive and dependant on what you are spending/monthly line rental is will determine the cost if any on them. Unfortunately the software on the N series phones is a major let down. After years of Nokia using the Symbian OS you'd have thought they'd have ironed out the faults! Yeah right! :winky:

Forgot to mention that stop the clock thingy Vodafone are offering, Orange are doing something fairly simular. Its called Magic number.

Every 6 months you can add to this magic number list and call that number for an hour and pay for just one minute!

Paul after my D500 which i really liked, i got the 8800 and im happy with it apart from the the Battery, although they do give two, but in all honesty my main priority when buying phones is size so im not really going to carry another Battery, so i got a charger at home, office and car.

However if i was in the market for a phone now, it would have to be the LG chocolate, the phone is so slick :wub::wub: and to top it off its free on o2 at carphone warehouse at the moment, was going to get it for the missus on the bank holiday but she didnt like the tarrifs, so will wait for it to be released (Exclusive to carphone warehouse at the mo)......trust me the pictures do not do the phone any justice, do yourself a favour and go and see it.

PS if you want it off line its around a reasonable £270 odd considering i paid £230 for mine online :winky:.....also i changed from Orange to o2 back in December and they have much better tarrifs online rather than instore :)

Its about time phone tariff charges were brought down and competition was stepped up. Out telecommunication technology is still behind the states thats why their calls and charges are far lower.

I have one of the HP Ipaq HW6500.

Brilliant is all i can say, all the power of a pda + a phone and TomTom.

the newer ones are more stable. only problem you can have with them is if the Battery runs out you *can* sometimes lose all your data. But seeing as it syncs with your computer this isnt always a major issue.

Mine was for free so i cant grumble. Just as long as the screen doesnt go like the D500 i aint bothered.

The Samsung screens are rubbish. Shame as they are very clear (when they work!) Fingers crossed your handset proves me wrong......(but I know it wont :whistling: :winky: )

ive had absolutly NO problems with my D500 and i can honestly say this will be the firts time ive ever gone for the same phone..

Forgot to mention that stop the clock thingy Vodafone are offering, Orange are doing something fairly simular. Its called Magic number.

Every 6 months you can add to this magic number list and call that number for an hour and pay for just one minute!

dont think you can call the magic numbers tariff anything near the stop the clock offer,, 1 phone number every 6 months.....how many people phone just 1 number on a regular basis, NO ONE thats who.. even if you just know 1 person you will still have two numbers for em work and home.

The D500 is a good phone but i do agree Samsung screens can be delicate and have a mind of there own!

LG Chocolate is a sexy phone and has that added flash feature of the touch screen navigation!

My other half has a D600 with an online o2 tariff, the phine is IMO is fantastic and has all features you would need for a phone!

As far as tariffs go i have been with T Mobile for 11 years and i can't say they go for the loyalty thing, still ask me to pay against my upgrades no matter how much i argue and threat, i used to have 3 lines with them but recently ported 1 to o2 and i think i will be following suit with the other 2, o2 i would say have the best tariffs but not instore online! Check them out at the o2 online shop!

At the end of the day its each to there own and individual needs.

Having thought about it, I could name a number handsets which I have consistant problems with. So taking that into consideration, go with what you desire. Go for a phone witht the features your likely to use. In all probability, what ever you chose may go faulty at soem point, its life and technology.Luckily for me, im fortunatley aware of certain problems and can make sound judgement based on this.

The W810 is what im likely do go for. :D

My contract was up and i ended up going to O2 from orange (along with the other half). My ONLY choice is between these 2 providers as the other networks dont work where i live (or are very limited) and the 3 network phones have poor Battery life.

I went for the W810.

I did have the D500 but it lacked some functions i thought it should have....

Voice control

Copy from phone to sim

Ring and vibrate at the same time

poor Battery management......(stays on 3 bars for a good time then shoots to 1 then off)

The slider not picking up the call.

Locking up using Bluetooth

Dopey currency converter........pointless

poor GUI

naff contacts directory

who carries the lil pyramid around for handsfree????????

and more.

I had heard the D600 wasnt a great deal better, so i wont be going back to samsung for a while

Just my thoughts....

ive had absolutly NO problems with my D500 and i can honestly say this will be the firts time ive ever gone for the same phone..

dont think you can call the magic numbers tariff anything near the stop the clock offer,, 1 phone number every 6 months.....how many people phone just 1 number on a regular basis, NO ONE thats who.. even if you just know 1 person you will still have two numbers for em work and home.

Fargo, Orange's magic number is great, its not a one number deal. But like any company they expect layalty. And your on about Vodas stop the clock, call for an hour and pay for 3 minutes, if their hourly call rate is more than Oranges, across a longer period, Oranges deal is better! Fact!

On another note, ive just got a W810 and to be honest the K750i is better for the records. Software is far better.

i have a nokia n70 its a fantastic phone phone im on o2 pay and go i top up 15 per month i get 150 mins evening weekend calls 320 texts and 1 gb wap plus i can use the £15 to make calls in the day at 10p a min

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links