Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Favourite Computer Games

Rillo

Saw this :

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=38682

and this got me thinking....

What computer games have people played longest/most and why?? So let me start with :

Planetside - the largest, most competitive and simply the best online FPS ever - played for 3.5 years and counting

World of Warcraft - I'll get to lvl 60 if it kills me!! - 2 years and counting

Civilisation 4 - just one more turn and then I'll go to bed.. - played since Civ 2 many years ago

Unreal Tournament - loved setting up a server and shooting my mates from the pub

Burnout 3 - that crash mode rules!

Championship Manager. :D

You wake up, have a quick game and before you know it its night time again!! :o

Have stopped myself playing it for the last few years however, since it is so addictive.

Hmmmm let me think!

Probably Elite 2 on the A500, spent months playing that, then again over the years I've played the original Monkey Island game over and over on various platforms thanks to the SCUMM emulators so possibly that!

Also spent a fair old bit of time playing Civilization, Populous, Cannon Fodder, Kick Off 2 & Sensi Soccer all on the A500 again!

They don't make them like they used to, the only game I ever really got into on the PC was Doom so that's just a couple of years ago :lol:

Actually Grim Fandango on the PC was a good one!

Oh and Silent Hill on the PSX was ace, along with Shadow of Memories on the PS2, in fact I played SSX nonstop for a few months while off work after I picked up the PS2, knew every course off by heart!

Have stopped myself playing it for the last few years however, since it is so addictive.

Your not wrong there - mate of mine took a week off work just to play it!! :)

Your not wrong there - mate of mine took a week off work just to play it!! :)

Its now available on PSP! The thought of having access to it 24/7 is very scary! Nothing would get done! :ohmy:

PMSL, go on fella you know you want to!

Didn't Champ Manager originate from Bundesliga Manager years and years ago, as that was an ace game, can remember playing that on the Amiga out in Germany a long time ago, and that was well addictive too!

..:: Edit ::..

Actually no, it was The Manager that was the UK release, that game was ace, looks like it's 14 years old though, bloody hell I am getting old now :(

Still play Moh:aa/spearhead/breakthrough. So around 4 years on that.

Once me and a mate started playing online around 15:00, one on the PC the other racing an endurance race on GT4 (they were tough :D). Then we'd swap over for a bit. I ended up looking out of the window coz I heard a noise and it was daylight again. Had been playing for around 16 hours non stop. :unsure: my eyes were like :duh:

Also play SOF1 + 2 sometimes, depends whos around :) so 6 years and 4 years respectively

A few of us still get together to play RTCW, so 5 years.

Also played The Sims from the beginning. Time just disappears when you start playing that too.

Yeah Champ manager has taken up quite a few evenings of my life too :lol:

Other than that. Goldeneye - Sensible Soccer - Tony Hawks 2 - Oblivion - Gears of War - Rainbow 6 Vegas.

I'm sure there's loads more too :blush: I really do need to get out more :lol:

Been playing Street fighter 2 since it first came out 17 years ago. not everyday but almost lol. longest i ever played a game in one go was final fantasy 7 on the playstation, about 100 hours worth over a few weeks. Command and Conquer took up a vast amount of my time too on the PC when it first came out. Last great game I played was Zelda on the Wii. 43 hours in one week....

The gran turismo series caught my interest and I played them for a great many hours.

I played populous to wile away my bored hours whilst on my apprenticeship.

The game that I almost lost my sanity to however was online counter strike. I got into the top 100k in the world (out of over 20 million players at the time). I played it every waking hour and got so bad that I didn't actually sleep at nights in order to play the game. I had all sorts of scripts and codes written to assist my gameplay. I tested out every new FPS hand held device to give me the edge. I changed out every component in my PC and paid for the best available internet connection in order to up my PING to stay with the best. I smashed quite a few controllers in utter frustration and to my shame shouted at my now ex wife if she interrupted my game play. I only actually quit the game when I discovered cheats, I happened across them and when I enabled them I could see how many others in the game were cheating. I promptly and suddenly just stopped playing as it killed the game for me.

strange , No one mentioned GHOST RECON PC :D , the greatest game of all time, realistic FPS (One shot, One kill) just pure adrenaline rush. I played it online for nearly 5 years, brings memories of some old friendships. too bad I can not play the new version (I need to upgrade my pc asap :crybaby: )

strange , No one mentioned GHOST RECON PC :D , the greatest game of all time, realistic FPS (One shot, One kill) just pure adrenaline rush. I played it online for nearly 5 years, brings memories of some old friendships. too bad I can not play the new version (I need to upgrade my pc asap :crybaby: )

Get an Xbox 360 to play it on, will work out cheaper than the pc upgrades needed :)

The company I worked for went bust when GT3 came out so I had a couple of weeks off. I brought it at 10am one morning went straight home and played from then untill 12pm the next day! 38hrs solid! oops! I just couldn't put it down and I just kept thinking I'll go to sleep when I've done the next race, I'll go to bed when I've done the next race, Just one more!? :blush: :o

The other games are Comand and conquor series but I won't put it on now other wise weeks disapear without me being aware. and finaly the two best games to just play no matter what are Mario Cart double dash and of corse GOLDEN EYE. IMO Golden Eye will never be beaten, yes graphics move on but will/has game play?

Erm, its a long list

mechwarior 3+4+mercs

all cod series

all moh series

fear, fear combat

hl1 +hl2 hl episode 1,

sin episode 1

fear, combat, blooy frustrating,

i played(started of on mw3) in a US clan going back years, but still cant beat online gaming

and up to date i think mw3 is the only games ive actually gone out and bought :)

Steve AKA Ryoken :)

Not a game player at all now, but I used to be

Anyway back in the day, I used to spend most of my free time playing the latest version Gran Turismo

HERE HERE!! Gran Turismo for me for 18months straight after a really bad accident(helped me get better honest love :D )

And resident evil they were good.

although just brought an xbox 360 so it's rainbow six and project gotham racing :blush:

Halo 2: best online multiplayer

Need for Speed series: best online racing: Reached 6th spot in overall Sprint rankings at one stage!!

All the Call of Dutys.

Spent hundreds of wasted hours on GTA's!

Counter Strike: best FPS on PC playing that the longest probably

Another Counterstrike addict here too - been playing since it came out and been through quite a few clans. (great thing about working at a games developer is that you get some awesome network games going at lunch and after hours.... )

Far too long spent on Everquest and Ultima Online (avoided World of Warcraft like the plague because of this)

Elite ruled. Doom 1 & 2. Civ 0wns me. Close to 100 hours into Oblivion too. Loved the other Elder Scrolls games too.

Console wise: GT series (first was the best), GTA, Tony Hawk (latest one is sublime), Pro Evo.

Never "got" Mario 64 or Halo or Zelda oh well.

h

PS - Populous: I was Lead level Designer on the 3rd one and I'm pretty sure we've got the lead QA from Football Manager (nee: Champ Man) on here too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links