Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mot Today

both left and rear ball joints were worn!!

bought a new set for £98 and fitted em up earlier.

so all in all not too bad. She sailed through her 1st MOT (since i've owned her) last year and only had this issue this time round.

I believe this is one of the more common problems with the IS?!?

But all should now be good in time for the s/c.......bring it on!!!!!

My was on around 100K at the last MOT and both lower front ball joints needed done, it failed on the O/S and the other was worn but not too badly.

Got a pair (Blue Print) from my local motor factors for about £92 inc VAT. Still got the O/S one to replace though.

yea, easy to change....3 bolts and thats about it. mind you, it was my next door neighbour that fitted them as i had to be at work.lol!!

got them from a local motor factors also.

as they are called lower ball joints, i presume you can get upper ball joints also? where abouts are these and is it both lower and upper that were likely to have been replaced?

both left and rear ball joints were worn!!

bought a new set for £98 and fitted em up earlier.

so all in all not too bad. She sailed through her 1st MOT (since i've owned her) last year and only had this issue this time round.

I believe this is one of the more common problems with the IS?!?

But all should now be good in time for the s/c.......bring it on!!!!!

mine failed on exactly the same thing a few weeks ago mate, as you say its fairly common., and like yours it sailed through other than that

yea, easy to change....3 bolts and thats about it. mind you, it was my next door neighbour that fitted them as i had to be at work.lol!!

got them from a local motor factors also.

as they are called lower ball joints, i presume you can get upper ball joints also? where abouts are these and is it both lower and upper that were likely to have been replaced?

Mmm, it's the lower suspension arm that concerns me, some cars are a nightmare to lower it.

My car recently flew through it's second MOT, however I've noticed a knocking from the front right, which sounds like a ball joint.

May consider changing it myself, depending on how forgiving the arm is.

I bought the right side lower ball joint for £20 inc postage. Now I'm looking for the left side one. Does it matter if one is OEM and the other is not?

Suspension is double wishbone and the upper ball joint is on the top one,

Mmm, it's the lower suspension arm that concerns me, some cars are a nightmare to lower it.

Because of the double wishbone you don't have to get the lower suspension arm down the hub carrier just lifts up.

You just need a decent long breaker bar and ball joint splitter to do the job.

are the upper ball joints suseptible to wearing as the lower ones are??

The upper ball joint is free to float up and down with the wishbone and any shock loads are compressing the ball into the socket, the lower ball joint is the other way up and is attached to the suspension arm and so takes all the punishment.

So I guess the answer to the question is no :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links