Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lewis Hamilton

Reads sour grapes to me.

F1 drivers have been doing this for as long as i can remember, after hurtling round the track and coming up on the safety car and poodling round they lose pressure so they have to do what they can to keep some temp in the tyres/brakes and as he was leading of course tactics come into play.....M. Schumacher did it for years.

Because of Lewis' success in F1 as a rookie the established drivers dont like it esp Alonso......well get used to it as there is a new kid on the block who i think is going to be up there for a few more years to come.

He is special.

surprise surprise Alonso is even getting himself involved in slagging him off as well. He's not happy with being involved in receiving the Ferrari spy information and then shopping the team whilst getting immunity for soemthing he was involved in, now he wants to get involved in trying to get Hamilton points deducted. Is there no lengths he won't go to (apart from the length of the Japanese Grand Prix - he he).

I agree - if you run into the back of someone it's YOUR fault - but I do think that Mr H was more than 5 lengths behind the pace car (the rules are you have to stay with 5 lengths) - so I reckon he'll lose 5 places on the grid this weekend!!

I bet it's the same law down under!

They just wat to make entertainment out of it...

Alonso has probably shot his career now - who'd want him? Renault I suppose....

F1 drivers have been doing this for as long as i can remember, after hurtling round the track and coming up on the safety car and poodling round they lose pressure so they have to do what they can to keep some temp in the tyres/brakes and as he was leading of course tactics come into play.....M. Schumacher did it for years.

Jensen Button has also been quite critical of the way Hamilton handled leading behind the safety car, so they cannot all be wrong. He had a responsibility to maintain fair play, as well as the safety of the other cars and drivers while he was effectively dictating the pace. What he actually did was stupid, irresponsible and loses him the respect of the other drivers. He is proving himself under race conditions so why did he feel the need to resort to unsafe tactics behind the safety car??? :iraqi-info-minister:

He won't lose any points, that's just speculation.......

He may be disciplined by being dropped down the grid or something - but in my view he deserves it because he was driving behind the safety car like an absolute d**k! Even Martin Brundle thought he was driving like a tw*t - if he thinks something's wrong, it's usually the case......... :unsure:

I just feel sorry for Kimi, and this isn't just because I support him, but he was driving like an absolute legend in Japan - in those conditions, was keeping it on the road and pulling off some mental overtaking moves.........if they hadn't have been dropped to the back at the start of the race he would have won it for sure :whistling:

Here is the You Tube it's based on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJurnfxRm4

Damn I hadn't actually seen that, the coverage on Sunday didn't actually catch the whole event, only the aftermath - what the hell was Lewis doing? First he tries to overtake the safety car, then looks like he's pulling over to the side of the track! No wonder no one knew what was happening.........

The investigation is starting to make a bit more sense now, cos Webber probably had to brake really hard so as not to pass him, and Vettel behind, probably a little confused didn't see Webber brake - of course you run into the back of someone, it's your fault, but I'd love to find out exactly what he was doing!

Still no decision, but Lewis has just said on Sky News he doesn't understand what the problem is and why it's being investigated. Then more importantly .... if they are going to give penalties for nothing it's not a place i want to be :(

Decision made - no penalty!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7029797.stm

YAHOO

PS - JB was the british golden boy - Coulthard never came this close even with the best car and team (Williams) so it's no wonder their all jealous...

Alonso despite being #1 couldn't beat him fare and square...Kimi's been good all year. Just slightly inconsistent midway!! How Alonso can have any aspirations of finishing a race now is beyond me - it's not as if McLaren could with any points....they are bound to favour Lewis now!

Good on ya Lewis - go win that race this weekend and consider yourself BBC sports personality of the year too - finally a Consistent World Class Brit on the sports stage (any sport, that is)

Damn I hadn't actually seen that, the coverage on Sunday didn't actually catch the whole event, only the aftermath - what the hell was Lewis doing? First he tries to overtake the safety car, then looks like he's pulling over to the side of the track! No wonder no one knew what was happening.........

Yu should have seen what he was doing to Alonso during the first few laps....same thing, almost forcing Alonso to overtake him...naughty in my book, and he will get in trouble one day!

As long as Lewis finishes behind Alonso this w/end the title is his :D

If he finishes 2nd behind Alonso today, fails to finish with another Alonso win in Brazil, Alonso will be the drivers champion. So not all "done and dusted" yet mate.

So its all down to Brazil then. :crybaby:

Whilst i/we all want him to lift the championship in his first season (and i think he will do it) :D on the off chance he doesn't i dont think he should be too dissapointed either as hes a rookie and has done remarkably well in his first season and its been a big learning curve for him. A big team error i think, he should of been called in at least a lap earlier as you could clearly see the tyre delaminating.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links