Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus To Stop Is Diesel Model Production

LexAzur

I have just heard that Lexus are to stop production of the IS Diesel model worldwide due to all the problems with the car just suddenly lossing all power and going on to limp mode, this is due to a problem with the injection system and also there are some gearbox issues also. Lexus have been trying to sort this issue out for the last 9 months on the quiet that I know of but cannot get to the bottom of it.

Lexus are unable to sort out this injection related problem out and have decieded the only aveneue left to them is to stop production thus trying to reduce the potential image problem this could do to the Lexus solid reliability reputation they have.

Alot of you will not even be aware of this massive problem they have with this model as the customers have been kept in the dark and been told this breakdown has not happened before to other vehicles.

Not sure when this will become public knowledge but dealers have been told in the last 24 hours or so.

For a petrol automatic the Lexus 2.5 litre V6 is one of the best, but for diesel the Mercedes 3.0 litre V6 with 7 speed automatic is the one to go for. BMW make very good diesels, but you have to visit a BMW dealers to get one. Audi diesels are also very good, but the cars all ride a bit hard. So depending on what you want, you pays your money and takes your choice.

For a petrol automatic the Lexus 2.5 litre V6 is one of the best, but for diesel the Mercedes 3.0 litre V6 with 7 speed automatic is the one to go for. BMW make very good diesels, but you have to visit a BMW dealers to get one. Audi diesels are also very good, but the cars all ride a bit hard. So depending on what you want, you pays your money and takes your choice.

I agree, much as I love Lexus, I don't think the oil burner engines are as good as the Merc and BMW diesels. Still wouldn't have one though, don't like diesels.

ive also heard this news, but was asked not to say anything..... :shutit:

Hmmm....I've been saying Lexus made a mistake in introducing the diesel for months. :whistling:

If this is true then what will it do to the resale value of the IS diesel? If lexus don't have faith in it how do they expect people to buy them 2nd hand....Not a good sign, think the marketing people will have their work cut out if this does go ahead....

What I don't understand is that Toyota don't seem to have as many problems with the same engine in the Avensis... so why do Lexus...?

Hmmm....I've been saying Lexus made a mistake in introducing the diesel for months. :whistling:

Perhaps they didn't make a mistake introducing the diesel, just THIS diesel. They've got Toyota's entire range of engines and gearboxes to play with, surely they could just go with a different one?

It could be the electronics and fuel control are different.

Could be but its not that serious of a problem for a top marque surly? or is it?

I wouldn't have thought so, this is Toyota after all. Sounds a bit dramatic to me.

Mines fine, done 21000 miles and averaged 40.5 mpg since new, no limp mode, no kangarooing?! Hasn't missed a beat TBH, I'm very happy with my Sport diesel.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links