Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What To By My 21 Year Old Son For Birthday

Looking for some ideas to help get a pressent for my son's 21st later this month.

He's got the gadgets ( ipod, Iphone, computer, HD TV, XBox 360 etc ), doesn't like jewellery ( but has a gold chain and my late dads' old ring ), doesn't like watches as he has a phone ( yes I know ). Doesn't drive but has had some lessons ( and I did buy him a car but I sold it when he went to Uni ).

Only thing I have thought of so far is to copy my mum and get him some premium bonds ( but you can't actaully do this before hand as it requires his signature on the application form !! ).

He is fussy with aftershaves and clothes so that's a no go as well.

Anybody offer any advice please ( i guess budget is £100 to £150 )?

one of those train tickets that let you travel europe on one ticket... cannot remember name but i think its for under 25's

suposed to be an awesome experience. Thats something he will never forget

surely he should learn to walk before he can run guys! Plane lessons before he can drive!?!?

If he's still at uni he'd probably prefer cash to anything, but he'll say whatever, he doesnt mind!

Take him shopping on the day, and let him get something he wants (it'll probably be the last thing you can think of), its what i did on my 21st with my mum. was nice to spend the day with her before going off for the night with my mates.

Id go with scorps and say track day event.

he doesnt drive !!

21st should be something to remember, something that will last at least in memory

send him to Amsterdam for the weekend :D

i agree, i went there at 20, and left when i was 24.....although it only seemed like 4 mins :unsure:

i managed to do alot in that 4 mins though......the only one i wish to put in view is, get engaged to a great dutch girl, alas we split up...amicably

tough one this!

the whole not driving thing put my idea to bed! im 22, for my 21st i got a private reg plate.

some decent suggestions from other memebers. in my personal opinion, if i didnt drive and was still at uni, id be happy with a big wad of cash...

HOWEVER......

if hes anything like i was at uni for the past 4 years of my life id literally ***** it up the wall, going out and getting drunk! so i'd advise against that

Thanks guys, some good ideas ... please keep them coming.

He had a flight lesson last year ( I was in the back and he was a bit squeamish when he couldn't see the horizon ), he's had lessons and can drive but hasn't passed his theory ( failed it once ). Don't think the frightening things are him but I'll put a few of the suggestions to him and see how he reacts.

Definitely would like to be something for him to remember ( but he wouldn't want to go to Spearmint Rhinos with his dad would he ;)).

one of those train tickets that let you travel europe on one ticket... cannot remember name but i think its for under 25's

suposed to be an awesome experience. Thats something he will never forget

Interrail? If that's what you're thinking of then yeah - it's great B)

http://www.interrail.net/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links