Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fully Fledged Member Again! :-)

Anees

Hi,

In what was probably the worst kept secret on LOC - I AM BACK!! :D

I have bought GoodOldGrandads Aristo V300 TT. It was touch and go because the Insurance quotes were almost more then the car; BUT after ringing what felt like every insurance broker in the UK I finally got a quote that was reasonable (well, for me!).

Considering its a 1997 car it is in fantastic condition for the age and is a credit to David (the past keeper) who is just as obsesed as I am; giving me a Arch Leaver file full of fantastic info and receipts!

On the drive back home, I kept it nice and slow; apart from the occasional test. I know its a quick car, but it doesn't actually feel that quick compared to the instant power (but out of puff at 5K RPM of the BMW that throws you back in your seat) until you rev it and then the Aristo goes MENTAL! Its also so smooth and quiet that you don't realise your speed sometimes so have to be careful. It is so gadget laden too.

I had a play with manual mode and thats a cool feature - its also the first auto that I have ever driven and makes a nice relaxing change. I did have to ask David about the handbrake however :blush: I already have a few plans :ph34r: but I want to enjoy the car as standard for now, since its a completely unmolested car with all history even back from Japan. The standard exhaust pipes are abit "weanie" so that would be a nice start.............. ;)

And before I get the "this thread is worthless without pics" posts; they are on way....... I am just going to give it a quick wash and tune the Freeview TV in and then the pics will be taken. I need to try and get an update for the Clarion NAX9500E too at some point :P

Thanks again to David for the car and all his help and advise - off to take the Aston Martin Racing Sticker off the back window :P :P :P

well done................

the BMW will soon be sold on.............

Drove up to St Helens and back yesterday (475 miles in all)

car did 25 mpg up and 27 mpg back which is not bad IMHO

speeds were normal M/Way speeds

when I got home could have turned round and driven back.........

Tis a proper car !

:blush: Whoops - I've been out in the car all day and totally forgot to take some pics! I have been out and taken some now. It is pitch black; but I think the pics look alright actually and give me an excuse to what my camera is like at night.

The Beast

first1.JPG

first2.JPG

first3.JPG

first4.JPG

first5.JPG That speedo is in miles! 180 mph :D

first6.JPG Tuning the TV in, but I couldn't pick up a channel :( ; it did start working in Oldham however

first7.JPG

first6a.JPG Remote for Sat Nav and TV

first9.JPG Sat Nav

first8.JPG Turbo Timer

first10.JPG Bright Factory Xenons!

first11.JPG The spare key is the same as the one I used to have on my fippin' Starlet! :P

The trouble with the car is that you reach illegal speeds SO QUICKLY that I really do need somewhere local where I can go for a blast without fear of speed cameras; so I can really get used to the car and also learn about the 4 wheel steering system. The car is a lovely crusier and today my mechanic mate had a good drive of it and was very impressed. He said the fastest car he has driven was a DMS Remapped BMW 535D (343bhp and over 500ft/lb torque which was "lethal"!) but this was very good for what it was which is totally standard.......for now :whistling:

The brakes do need some work with a slight judder coming from them and quite soon I am going to have to replace the tyres. I think I will start off with seriously uprating the brakes so might be investing in some Supra 4-pot Caliphers.

In the boot with the car I also got:

Blitz Dual Turbo Boost Controller,

Greddy Fuel Cut Control,

HKS Type Blow-off valve,

HKS Type Induction Kit,

Front Decat Pipe

and Lexus Logos for the rear of the car to help push the car too 400+ bhp; but I don't think I will be fitting this stuff yet! (I will probably need help understanding what all this stuff is first! :blush: )

Sorry again for the late pics and I'll get some ones during the day as soon as.

Anees :D

PS The Sound system is crazy too with loads of speakers and a massive sub in the rear parce shelf - it sounds superb and the sub really does generate some Bass!

Nice B)

Was the car off ebay? I seem to remember reading one on there with a load of bits and bobs supplied to up the power.

It was a member on here that sold it matey :)

Ah ok... that'll be where I read it then :lol:

Have to take the whole family to Derby today - now common sense says I take the Diesel for the economy but I think the Aristo will be making the journey....... :whistling:

What I do like about it is that not many people know what it is; so no one bothers with it while its parked up and I'm not as worried leaving it places as I am with the BMW; I'm more relaxed with it as a result.

@Dave - I am going to keep the BMW because while I am at a point in life where I am lucky enough to be able to work hard enough to afford them both I will; I don't really spend money on anything else :)

@Gord - Ok Whatever! Its a Toyota; but it came with the Lexus GS300 handbook and the Supra Engine workshop manual :P

@Everyone else - Thanks for all the kind comments; and like others have said its got an amazing amount of technology for such an old car; especially that touchscreen head unit.

Also, never noticed this before; but do all Aristos come with a BMW-type shark fin on the roof? Look at pic two. :question:

Few things for you to think about.

bits you have will give more power but won't take you over the 400 mark

you'll need a V spec FMIC and full 3" exhaust system to get near/at 400bhp

the m spec is a 2 row intercooler and OK the V spec is a 4 row.

Steve fitted my V spec and has driven cars with M specs and says mine is way faster.

On brakes the supra calipers are heavy and only 4 pot the discs you need are marginally bigger the what you have....so the actual braking efficiency will be increased but not drastically. You'd be as well goiung for grooved/dimpled normal size and uprated pads IMHO.

If you are really going for it then go for a BBK there are quite a few on the market now

I'd also suggest ditching the OEM suspension as its same as the GS300 (dampers are revalved i believe) and it wallows like a pig if you push on. You can get a set of decenct coilovers for £7/800.

TRD anti rolls also help :whistling:

limit the boost to 1 bar until you get an uprated fuel pump then it can go to 1.2 bar ALWAYS use optimax.

Hope that helps :winky:

Have to take the whole family to Derby today - now common sense says I take the Diesel for the economy but I think the Aristo will be making the journey....... :whistling:

Should've sorted a mini-meet in Derby, could've demo'd what the TT is like as I might go for one next time (the A52 between Derby and Nottingham is a great straight dual carriage way for testing cars out :shifty: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links