Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Phone

Rikos

Hi all,

I am due my free upgrade next month and not sure what to get. I am not too bothered about the phone being able to make my breakfast and work out the theory or relativity!

I currently have a K750i which has been brilliant apart from joystick problems. I would probably like to stick with Sony Ercisson but dont mind changing.

I dont want a massive phone so similar to my current would be great although, i did look at a phone with sat nav on it not long ago and as i dont have it then that may be useful but i'm not sure how good it is or if it'd fit in my pocket.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 topics created today on mobile phones, how about a Sony Ericsson K770i?(got a Nokia N70 atm- it was good in its day, but mobile phone technology has moved on now)...

I posted up about this earlier on, no replies yet. I know its a good phone, but I have been offered it on the 3 network, wanted to know if 3 network is any good...

I love the camera on my n95, and how much u can shift stuff (menu's etc) for convenience, but it still sometimes likes to be slow, and the sat nav takes aaaaaages to find a satellite,

I keep wanting to change back to a pda, i've had a few xda's in the past, but the camera would be greatly missed if I did, and I can't see myself carrying 2 phones just cos I can't find one with all I want on it,

my predictive txt on my N95 is getting annoying too, its making up words that I know I haven't taught it

3 topics created today on mobile phones, how about a Sony Ericsson K770i?(got a Nokia N70 atm- it was good in its day, but mobile phone technology has moved on now)...

I posted up about this earlier on, no replies yet. I know its a good phone, but I have been offered it on the 3 network, wanted to know if 3 network is any good...

I did see your post but didnt want to steal the thread by saying i wanted a new phone :D

I cant comment on 3 network as i've never been on it and it's not used round my area as the signal isnt great.

Got the K850 here - the Vodafone branded ones are terrible - can't comment on the other branded versions but if you get one of those then the first thing I would to is visit the Davinci website and put a generic firmware on there - it totally transforms the phone.

The Voda firmware introduces a heck of a lot of lag and if there's one thing I hate it's lag!

The camera is ace on the phone but it's got a massive design flaw imho which is that although it has small risers in the back to keep the speaker just above the desk it's not enough and ringtones sound incredibly muffled when it's laid with the keys face up as you'd normally leave your phone.

There's supposed to be a new firmware revision coming soon which will make it better - the camera is good - just make sure not to rest any of the fingers on your right hand in front of the phone when taking a pic as it screws up the light sensor and you get crap pics indoors!

Apart from that I like it a lot - but saying that I finally relented and pick up my Iphone for a fiddle next week!

Oh, and I'm also on my third K850 since November - the first one had a crap Battery - the touch screen broke on the second one and this one seems ok but I'm just hanging fire to make sure there are no hardware problems before debranding it! I'm off to Trance Energy in Utrecht in a few hours so if it survives that then it's a job well done!

getting rid of my iphone pretty soon. going for a sony ericsson xperia X1.....they are the nuts!!!!

I like the sound of that one :lol: is that a big phone it sounds it!

Aido - thank you for that review of the K850i, sounds like it may have a couple of problems but then again which phone doesnt!! Let us know how you get on at Trance energy.

Is the Sony Ericsson K850i any good does anyone know?

i do, best phone ive had to date. better than the 750i and witout the joystick problems. camera is great too to say its a phone

just seen aidos post :D sounds like hes been unlucky! not had any problems with mine as of yet and i've had it since it first came out. mines on o2 and isnt full of the vodafone firmware aido talks about.

my only complaint is that Battery life isnt that great

I have a K850i also on O2 and haven't had any issues with it yet. It does have some O2 specific bits in it but they are not obtrusive like the Vodafone software is, which seems to take over the entire phone and connects you to their WAP portal at every possible opportunity.

I've had it about a month and it's been great so far; I always did like Ericssons and it seems like yet another good one. The best bit is that the crappy joystick has been replaced by buttons, so it shouldn't clog up after a few months like the joysticks always used to.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links