Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Garage Your Ls At Night

Just a thought ... How many of us have the luxury of being able to garage our cars every night?

I dont ,,, but only because it wont fit in ,,, ive garaged all my cars before the ls. Now she sits on the drive.

What about yours ?

Steve.

p,s, Im in on a saturday nite and had to think of a question to stop me watching the xfactor lol.. how bad.

Just a thought ... How many of us have the luxury of being able to garage our cars every night?

I absolutely hate scraping ice off a car before I can drive it, so I built a double garage to house our two VW Golfs. But now we have a Golf and the Luxo Barge... well it is a tight squeeze. Have to get the LS right in the corner (with carpets on walls, just in case).

I'm sure if my garage was empty I could and would but would be a very tight squeeze,but have to many tools and equipment in there.

I have a roomy garage with an automatic door and an entrance directly to the house. So I rarely stop on the drive, but normally drive straight into the garage and close the garage door before leaving the car.

Mine gets parked in an underground garage. Shared parking though. It gets to sit between a Toyota Yaris and a Lexus IS250. If it is used to go to the office, it then goes into underground parking between a Jaguar XJ6 and a Volkswagen Beetle.

I have a roomy garage with an automatic door...

My garage has an electric door, too, but I am too modest to mention it here.

I'm not too modest to say I have an electric door opener and a traffic light gadget on the far wall to indicate if the Lexus is too near the wall and I automatically garage the car after a trip

MJM444

I had a separate garage 4 miles away! But it was £600 p.a. and I've economised by losing it. I used to get my Beemer 850 in my garage at home, but Lexus won't fit (too long) S-Cargo lives there, but just sold it (subject to getting the cash!.Can I hire the Lexus Mafia/Vigilantes next weekend for safety?)

Having retired on low income, I'm counting pennies a bit. But selling LS cheaply ISN'T on the agenda!

I had a separate garage 4 miles away! But it was £600 p.a. and I've economised by losing it. I used to get my Beemer 850 in my garage at home, but Lexus won't fit (too long) S-Cargo lives there, but just sold it (subject to getting the cash!.Can I hire the Lexus Mafia/Vigilantes next weekend for safety?)

Having retired on low income, I'm counting pennies a bit. But selling LS cheaply ISN'T on the agenda!

I don't garage ours - it lives on the run in, and I am pretty sure it would not fit. In any case, there's the motorbike, which is to be sold, shortly - that was the compromise agreed between me and Mrs Z at the time of purchase of our Lexus, recently - and our 36 years old Saab 96 (eleven thousands miles), that lives there.

How many of us have the luxury of being able to garage our cars every night?

Hi

I'm not too sure where mine spends its nights, don’t see it much at that time, the garage block is miles from the front door, I'll have to ask the chauffer but unfortunately Sunday afternoon is his time off, dashed inconvenient at times but the footman will usually oblige if the memsarb lets me have him....

Pete

I have a number of cars and deliberately moved house so I could get a big garage built (and to a bigger house to keep my wife happy!). I can get twelve of my fifteen cars in there, so the LS has some company at night!

How many of us have the luxury of being able to garage our cars every night?

Hi

I'm not too sure where mine spends its nights, don’t see it much at that time, the garage block is miles from the front door, I'll have to ask the chauffer but unfortunately Sunday afternoon is his time off, dashed inconvenient at times but the footman will usually oblige if the memsarb lets me have him....

Pete

I bet you also have a fridge in your garage matching the one you have in the rear of your car Pete! :whistling:

I have a number of cars and deliberately moved house so I could get a big garage built (and to a bigger house to keep my wife happy!). I can get twelve of my fifteen cars in there, so the LS has some company at night!

Twelve cars! that's not a garage it's an aircraft hanger,did you buy it on fleabay without going to see it 1st? :whistling:

You lucky gits with garages - will be looking to move house next year hopefully (credit crunch could help me out here, if prices keep falling!) and a garage with a door into the house is a priority for me.

Looking forward to coming home in the pouring rain and not getting wet!! :D

I have a great garage extra size but not double. The problem is the Lexus will not fit in it!

Why? Because garages are not meant for cars to go in, they are for spares and work benches and other things like bikes and motorbikes in pieces, boxes of stuff that moved with you but didn't get unpacked etc.

I insure as off road parked on drive. It is on the drive!

I wish there was a rear screen wiper to get the dew off of the back!

The front screen demist needs to be more effective too!

We do not all use garages for cars!!!

I have a great garage extra size but not double. The problem is the Lexus will not fit in it!

Why? Because garages are not meant for cars to go in, they are for spares and work benches and other things like bikes and motorbikes in pieces, boxes of stuff that moved with you but didn't get unpacked etc.

That's right, lots of people put a £10k car out in the cold and wet while the garage is full of about £100 worth of rubbish and things they keep just in case.

Quite agree about the rear screen - I miss that as had one on my SAAB 9000 CSE, but think the front demist is pretty good compared to other makes. My garage is just about large enough for my Mk IV 400 but it is awkwardly placed to line my car up and get it in without scratching anything, so have decided against doing so. I did mange to get my Jaguar XJ12 in years ago but had to get her nose under the shelving units at the end.

I fitted an electric opener/closer to my door earlier this year so my wife doesn't have to get in and out of her car as she parks in the garage in her Peugeot 206, best £220.00 I ever parted with, can recommend a supplier for DIY installation, only took half a weekend with help from my son.

That's right, lots of people put a £10k car out in the cold and wet while the garage is full of about £100 worth of rubbish and things they keep just in case.

Quite agree about the rear screen - I miss that as had one on my SAAB 9000 CSE, but think the front demist is pretty good compared to other makes. My garage is just about large enough for my Mk IV 400 but it is awkwardly placed to line my car up and get it in without scratching anything, so have decided against doing so. I did mange to get my Jaguar XJ12 in years ago but had to get her nose under the shelving units at the end.

I fitted an electric opener/closer to my door earlier this year so my wife doesn't have to get in and out of her car as she parks in the garage in her Peugeot 206, best £220.00 I ever parted with, can recommend a supplier for DIY installation, only took half a weekend with help from my son.

I can just about squeeze our Saab 9000 in the garage, but only just! They just did not build garages big enough in the 1980's when our house was built.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links