Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now It Might Be My Turn To Go Supercharged

As some of you know the last five TTE supercharger kits were recently sold to a trader in Austria. He has already sold all of them except one, which thanks to Dave Ellen, he is holding for me to decide whether or not I'm going to buy it. I've got until the end of this week to decide before he lets someone else have it.

The price is €2650 + €200 shipping (£2500 total). Would you say it's worth buying it, or should I wait and hope for a second hand one? The thing is i have to make not car related payments of around two thousand pounds next month so I can't afford the supercharger unless I borrow at least £2000 from my parents.

If I buy it and fit it myself, what else do I need? I read something about Emanage(?) and an uprated spring for the pulley(?). How much am I looking at?

Thankful for any comments

Cheers fellow LOC members

Patrik Lindblom

Agree, your car is coming along so nicely not sure you'd be happy with a second hand one if you could have got hold of a new one - plus they're so rare you could be waiting a while.

If supercharging is the way you want to go, then I'd say this is your best opportunity if you can afford to do so :)

yea, go for it matey!!

as for the uprated spring - these you can get from TTE at no cost, but its not entirely neccesary. some cars (mine included) work fine with the original style spring, but some don't - luck of the draw i guess. I think the older type are known for sticking - like i said though, mine has never experienced this.

I have 2 of the new type springs so if for some reason you need one and can't get hold of one, then let me know and i'll stick one in the post for ya mate..........assuming you get the s/c that is, lol!!

Yeah as has been said Patrik, if the kit is complete you wont need anything else to make it work.

as its brand new it should have the new style spring in it anyway. The older springs is a coil type (think shockabsorbers but smaller), and the new one is round, kind of like you would find in some pliers to keep them closed.

you wont regret it though.

Stav

Do it mate :D

Now they're all gone the price second hand will start to creep up again and you won't get a better chance than this!

You know you want one, for the start just get the kit, don't worry about the uprated pulley, injectors or an eManage, just stick to the standard kit and see what you think - you can always worry about the other stuff at a later date when you get used to the increase in power you'll get now :)

I'm not the number1 fan of SC's to be honest but in your case, you have put alot of money & hard work into the car. You should treat yourself to add abit more power with it, unless your wanting a turbo later :D I think you will be very happy with it.

A million thanks for all your comments and advice, and thank you Rolex for the novel you sent me :D I will answer it later on.

I visited my parents today and talked to my father about this. He is willing to lend me all the money that is necessary if I help him re-do his garage this summer. I was already planning on doing it myself, so here we go!! :D Tomorrow he's going to talk to my mother about it, but I guess she won't mind. If everything goes to plan I will make the payment on monday.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links