Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Sc430 - Worst Car Money Can Buy

you mean... the top gear producers never got their back hander from lexus you mean?

they always slate lexus..

they used to rate them.. but lately nothing is good enough!

Jeremy Clarkson is a fat *****... why do people wish to hear what he thinks when we know he's wrong

pathetic show... i cease to watch it and think it is absolutely toilet compared to the old top gear.

When mat and I were at the lexus GB headquarters they had an SC430 hanging upside down from the roof... I commented how cool it was.

It was noted that it was placed there so when jeremy Clarkson walked underneath it the car would fall on his head... made me smile!

It's shame really, Carkson didn't do the report on the SC430. It was that other little S :tsktsk:T with the squeaky voice, he sounds like someone is squezing his B :tsktsk:K's

All 3 presenters could write all they know about automotive engineering on the back of a postage stamp and still have room for there name and address.

Shame really as the last series wasn't to bad, it looks like there EGO's have taken over.

All three presenters are just no nothing W :tsktsk:'Ks

Lets not forget how Lexus got it so wrong with the tyres oand suspension on the SC. The back seats actually slant forward and are useless.

Now I was so very very close to buying one two months ago. until the kids tried to sit in the back etc :duh:

Then I also remembered the "Lexus Problem" huge depreciation..... The one I was going to buy had done less than 3,000 miles and had areadly lost £17,000.

So I walked away and now so glad I did :D

Now don't get me wrong, I have owned three GS's in the last 5 years and will be buying a fourth as soon as I find the right one. I am a Lexus fan :)

But the SC is an awfull car, how could Lexus get is so wrong :iraqi-info-minister:

I have put my rose coloured glasses away for once.....

its certainly not a family car... should really be a 2 seater.. hmm in fact it is a 2 seater

there was no way it was meant to carry people unless it was an emergency.

the older soarers were the same but not as bad. If you are an Soarer fan looking to upgrade then you would expect this.

I can think of many other sporty coupes with no rear seating.

Depreciation

would this really matter if you intend keeping a lexus brand and fininanced? Afterall when you trade it in you still pay the same finance price every month?

I have never bought through finance so I could be wrong.

I can also think of many other high priced cars with fast depreciation.

the "Lexus Problem" huge depreciation..... The one I was going to buy had done less than 3,000 miles and had areadly lost £17,000......

Eh?

Retained values of Lexus cars was one of the reasons for buying one! I haven't seen an SC430 for under £44000 (51 plate).

So tell me.............. those who slated TOP GEAR and the report

Admin..?

risky3301..?

whos actually driven one then??

last week at the Open Road Event.

(If anyone with an SC430 is bored with it and is willing to swap it for my IS, then I'm up for it!) :D :whistling:

I have been a passenger in one.. but from where i was sitting I loved it... I could very easily get a test drive which i keep meaning to ask for.

I am not sure what you meant by your comment peter. But the comments made by Top Gear have never been any good from top gear.. and that includes the IS200.

perhaps polictics are involved or is made to make everyone kick up and rave. The show is crap... biggest load of toilet.. no real proper constructive criticism at all. Just what the Fat bushy haired presenter likes is all the matters.

This is a Clarkson free zone!

I aint slating the show because they do not like lexus... it's because its *****.

Period.

Sad that the eloquent & witty Clarkson of ten years ago, has become a balding opinionated bore desperately trying to cling to his fading popularity. Slagging off expensive cars in the belief that it gives you some credibility and makes for good ratings is just so passé. :sleeping:

Hi Guys

I have just read the test report on the SC when it still had run flat tyres and hard suspension, the test report was in Top Gears own magazine and compared it with the Jaguar XK8 and the 4 litre CLK Merc, the verdict was the SC won. Now if that is with the old setup and wheels the current one should be even better. Maybe Steve Stupid on Top Gear should read there own test reports before speaking such rubbish. I have a new SC and I test drove the new SL350 Merc before buying my SC, the lexus is better equiped than the new SL350 quieter/smoother/ FASTER/ has more head room/ better interior/ and has two small rear seats etc, and before you start laughing if you put the passenger seat forward halfway you CAN put a small adult or child in the back.

All you non believers should test drive an SC, there are few cars that could keep up with it and still hear the radio.

Michael

I'll be honesy - I take what JC says as it is meant to be taken - tongue in cheek - it is entertainment. I personally enjoy the show.

He generally has always slated Jap cars - so what - we don't need others to 'approve' of our choice.

TBH though - I don't like the SC either - too bloated. But I like sports cars, and the SC is a GT not a sportscar. (IMO)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I love the looks of the LS200, and someone said that Top Gear reviewed them. If someone has that video, could you plz tell me, I'm willing to exchange (got a huge Top Gear collection :-)).

My oppion about the episode: ok, I hadn't expected them to break down the car so hard because I've read some reviews about it and they liked the car. Ok, Top Gear isn't very accurate but a lot of people (about 80% of car nuts) prefer it above other car shows because it just is entertaining. If you want an accurate review watch turbo.fr of motorvision. But Top Gear is just more entertaining.

My thoughts about the SC430: don't like the looks to be honest and it's really not my thing, more of a cruiser then a sportscar. But what I've heard of it is pretty good so, can't really dislike it either.

Different people like different cars. People are fat, thin, tall short, use a car for work, leasure, shopping, kids, other half etc. No car will ever be all things to all people.

If all I had to worry about in a car was my golf clubs and The Bird, the SC would definately be a contender.

JC is paid to be witty and provocative. The day he stops being so is the day he loses his job. That's his priority.

Lets not forget he chooses to drive a gay car so his judgement must be questionable :D

I like JC, he always puts a smile on my face with his witty humour! That's him and thats his influence on the show! I agree it's not as good as the old format....but it just makes for easy watching, I'm not really interested in their opinions! I don't, however, like that little squeeky guy...he just pisses me off!

Plus I do disagree with their review! I test drove both the SC, Audi TT and Mini Cooper S (among others) before I got the IS....SC won hands down IMO, I was very impressed! Fully loaded, better engine, better handling and with the top down it was great!! Best soft-top I have ever driven or been in! If I'd had that kind of cash at the time I would have definitely invested in one! B)

Neil :D

I enjoyed one briefly on my birthday this Feb. I have to say, it is a very nice car and as it come sin well under the merc price I would say its a real competitor. WOuld I own one? Not till they come down to the £Teens as it would have to be a second car/toy. Rather have a Cerbera as most of you regulars know. Cerbera aint a better car per se, but its what "I" want from a toy.

the drive of the SC is super. I used to have a 280SL and it was as you'd expect, far nicer than that not just because of the power. thats the last thing you want to use. As for rear seats, Dudes, if thats important, you are looking at the wrong kind of cars!

SC430 = 8 out of 10 for my money. but for £50k I'd never buy a lexus. I would rather have a used Aston or Bentley. Never bought new cars since 1998 ( the 280SL Roadster (£66k) which was more than I paid for my first house!

Top gear is entertainment. Nobody goes home thinking Vik and Bob really Fancy Ulrikakakaka. So why take these jokers seriously?

Loz :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links