Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Are You Insuared With This Year

Hi folks its renewal time for my ls insurance again I am with SKY at the moment & I am hopeing not to get a quote me silly renewal quote. Just in case, could you kind people post who you have found to be the cheapest.

Adrian Flux quote cheap so I just call them and then get SKY to match it (which they always do). If I don't get a cheaper quote from Adrian Flux, I then shop around other imported car insurance brokers. But for the last 3 years, the AF/SKY combo has worked out great for me :)

I renewed a few weeks ago with Bell (part of the Admiral group) for £600, which was less than half the price of my previous insurer Aviva. Other than Bell, Admiral and Elephant all the others on the comparison sites was over £1000.

Hi well after much phoning around & going on every web site I have come up with £450 a year fully comp protected from Adrian flux, unlimited mileage £350 x/s hire car legal expenses (50k), driving outher cars. I will get back to Sky & see if they can beat it.

I got a shock going on the comparison sites as £1200 was the cheapest & £7000 the most expensive :tsktsk: , Im 45 with 10years no claims & a HGV driving instructor, my post code is the KILLER IG1 second only to LP1 risk wise.

Thanks for all your help, I was going to have to give the car up if the quotes were too high & rent a car when I really needed one.(didn't really relish the thought of the winter on the bike though)

Hi well after much phoning around & going on every web site I have come up with £450 a year fully comp protected from Adrian flux, unlimited mileage £350 x/s hire car legal expenses (50k), driving outher cars. I will get back to Sky & see if they can beat it.

I got a shock going on the comparison sites as £1200 was the cheapest & £7000 the most expensive :tsktsk: , Im 45 with 10years no claims & a HGV driving instructor, my post code is the KILLER IG1 second only to LP1 risk wise.

Thanks for all your help, I was going to have to give the car up if the quotes were too high & rent a car when I really needed one.(didn't really relish the thought of the winter on the bike though)

have you tried the NFU ?

Malc

have you tried the NFU ?

Malc

Hi Malc yep came out at £1200 & lexus wanted £2200 just too many claims in my area AXA who do 90% no claims wont even quote for my area. I may have to move

I guess you're in Barking and Dagenham then !

Part of my business is there ................ must make sure not to think about living there eh !

Malc

I guess you're in Barking and Dagenham then !

Part of my business is there ................ must make sure not to think about living there eh !

Malc

Very near. Im in Ilford the standard of driving here well I dont know if you can call it driving really, sort of pointing the car in a general direction & hope explains it better. Roundabouts cause a great deal of confusion , speed humps are take off ramps & road markings are just there for decoration.

I did a marathon thread on insurance recently and came in with NFU lowest price with low excess but all the extras were quality and included. You deal with local brokers and its a mutual society so the profit is shared by reducing the premiums, similar to CO-OP but cheaper ins. all round.They will certify your no claims to pass on if you insure elsewhere later (offered not asked for). Endsliegh come up cheapest but no extras and huge excess.

If your area has had an claim or if your car model has had a claim in your area you get stiffed for it as simple as...

I did a marathon thread on insurance recently and came in with NFU lowest price with low excess but all the extras were quality and included. You deal with local brokers and its a mutual society so the profit is shared by reducing the premiums, similar to CO-OP but cheaper ins. all round.They will certify your no claims to pass on if you insure elsewhere later (offered not asked for). Endsliegh come up cheapest but no extras and huge excess.

If your area has had an claim or if your car model has had a claim in your area you get stiffed for it as simple as...

Hey, I use Sam at NFU Dry Drayton Cambridge too ;) :hehe::tomato:

Malc

• 3 months later...

You know you're getting old when the best insurance quote is from Saga... Well, Direct Line was £7 cheaper but with a very high accident damage excess. I did try NFU, as recommended by other members, but they couldn't compete. Apparently they favour rural postcodes, rather than mine (Brighton), but it was worth a try.

Eventually got mine with Sky,after A-Plan let me completely down with a renewal, for £325.00 £250 XS 10 years NCB (protected) and included the legal help.

There were a few errors on the proposal which I have corrected and returned also car is showing at the moment as an LS400 when it is a Toyota import ( there is no model listed on the log book) so I sent a copy of the V5C vehicle details pages to ensure there is no confusion.

Hi folks its renewal time for my ls insurance again I am with SKY at the moment & I am hopeing not to get a quote me silly renewal quote. Just in case, could you kind people post who you have found to be the cheapest.

ASDA! £200 cheaper than any other quote,after a lot of shoping round.

John N

CIS for me. Im 47, only 2 years NCB becasue i used to be in contract hire cars, and business use. £320 fully comp.

You wont find then on any compare website though.

I dont agree that all insurance companies are the same though. They are only as good as their claims handling. The CIS (co-op Insurance Society)are brilliant and very fare.

I was rear ended sept 09. they handled everything. The car was badly repaired so i complained. So they sent it to another garage to be fixed all over again.

My rear screen shattered 2 months later. They paid out another £928 for a new one.

My last renewal went down. I couldnt beleave it.

Try the CIS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links