Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Touch Up Stick

Hi

Just been to dealers

Asked the dealer : Can i have Touch up stick?

reply: These are not in the country at the moment as Toyota hasnt yet released new stock?

Apparently all new cars are shipped with a pot to cover any mishaps on route?

So where do they go? Chips or dentaway?

So as i see it we are all driving cars that you cant get a bit of lippy for..to hide the fact paint is flawed. Were do we all stand now?? free resprays using a better hardened paint ...Until i get hold of mine its back to lots of polish and preys?

:lookaround:

all cars do come with a pot of paint...it should be in the glove box, if your dealer is tellingb you Toyota havnt shipped them hes a lying ****.

ive had 3 lexus and everyone came with a pot of paint

Platnium Ice.... now well over 100 coats of Zymol bling bling..got to protect somehow..if i could get away with natural beeswax i would to form a solid coat without the loss of shine.

You're not missing much.

The colour match was so bad, you'd do better with a dulux emulsion matchpot :unsure:

What's the best option for getting a good match if the Toyota/Lexus offering is naff?

Having picked up a couple of nasty chips recently (thanks to the councils efforts to resurface roads around here), I was just about to order a touch-up stick from the local dealer. Sounds like a waste of time tho, and the local Big H don't do any Lexus colours :unsure:

You're not missing much.

The colour match was so bad, you'd do better with a dulux emulsion matchpot  :unsure:

What's the best option for getting a good match if the Toyota/Lexus offering is naff?

Having picked up a couple of nasty chips recently (thanks to the councils efforts to resurface roads around here), I was just about to order a touch-up stick from the local dealer. Sounds like a waste of time tho, and the local Big H don't do any Lexus colours :unsure:

I meant the little tin that comes with the car is rubbish.

Apparently the touch up stick sets are much better.

I've bought one but not used it yet so can't comment personally.

Cost about a fiver from the dealer (colour + lacquer).

I was told (by Guildford) that Lexus did not do touch up paint - what ? :nuke:

They finally got some paint in an old plastic pot from their valeting / paint guy and gave me that instead.

It was crap - nothing like Platinum Ice. :crybaby:

Asked at last service and surprise surprise they handed me a Toyota Silver touch up and laquer pack !

I can give you the Part No. later if that helps - let me know ...

Thats strange.. I went into my local dealer for a touch-up, they said there will be a pot of paint in the boot (which there was), and they gave me a touch-up kit (paint & laquer)...

I had the same schpeal from my local Toyota serive centre, never mind i took my paint code to halfords and got fixed up there,, exact match (sapphire blue)

i got one of those paint pens from usa

was mentioned in earlier posts (probably gold)

ordered the us equavlent colour although same code no.

works like a pen (beleive it or not) very easy to apply and colour match was spot on !! :D :D (about £15 with all shipping etc )

lexus didnt supply me with pot of paint but gave me one f.o.c when i asked for one

parts sold me touch up stick and spray paint from nos. given to me by the clubs parts no. guru - the one and only C.SHIPLEY

Took me about 3 weeks to get the spray paint i ordered, but still waiting for the touch up stick ! :yawn:

P.S The reversing sensors look ten times better colour coded!!!! (just my opinion)

went to lexus chester asked about touch up stick parts bloke came out took my vin number , said he would phone when in , next day there it was £4 . in fact i went to pick it up on the saturday when i got there they washed the car (they do this for there customers on saturday if you turn up) and supplyed me with fresh coffee (different flavours) and donuts (mmmmmmmmm) top service i would say !!!

They clean your car plus feed you coffee & donuts...?! My local dealer just valets the car & supplies coffee - I'm missing out on donuts (you wouldn't think it to look at me!) ;)

Car is due a 10K service soon - was tempted to ask the dealer to 'deal with' any stone chips. Figured for a few quid I'd get a decent job (with a guarantee) rather than dolloping touch-up on m'self :blush: Well, they did colour-code my parking sensors for free :)

went to lexus chester asked about touch up stick parts bloke came out took my vin number , said he would phone when in , next day there it was £4 . in fact i went to pick it up on the saturday when i got there they washed the car (they do this for there customers on saturday if you turn up) and supplyed me with fresh coffee (different flavours) and donuts (mmmmmmmmm) top service i would say !!!

Biyatch asss.. mo fo.... :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links