Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dead Man Tells His Story

javadude

I am not anti-religion or anti-religous beliefs (two very different things) but like to believe I have the right as everyone else to go about my life without being questioned about them.

I am very strongly against religions asking for money, followers of any religion can donate if they so require they shouldn't need to be asked, by asking on a public car related forum I think is totally out of order, I am sorry if this feeling annoys people but I can assure you due to my beliefs I am also annoyed....

Valid thoughts on this thread... maybe....

Valid reason for asking for money on this thread.... definately not...

Well I confess to being pretty anti religion. I agree with many of the 'teachings' but I just personally believe that most churchs/religions are corrupt and rewrite stuff to 'keep the surfs down' or for financial profit. Plus it is pretty hard to think of many wars that don't boil down to religion..... people can have debates, but when it involves *** stuff - it always gets heated.

But - this is 'general chat' so my views don't come into this....... his asking for donations is no different to my asking last year for people to support the Macmillan fund raising we were doing bu buying raffle tickets at JAE. Those who wished to support the Macmillan nurses and their work with Cancer victims came and bought tickets or made donations..... those that didn't stayed well away!

I have no problem with him asking. I'll stick to my anti-cancer stuff though!

It is a very tough line though and a difficult job for the admin to decide ..... what is legitimate, fair 'general chat' etc - what is going over the line? What for example if someone was fund raising for the IRA? Lets face it - many see them as freedom fighters not terrorists, so they would see it as legitimate........

Anyway ... box jellyfish - are they more dangerous as they are peed off after being stuffed in a box then?????? :winky:

It is a very tough line though and a difficult job for the admin to decide ..... what is legitimate, fair 'general chat' etc - what is going over the line?

Actually, if it's in General Chat we're gonna leave it totally alone unless it contains anything which is (a) blatantly illegal (B) discriminatory or (B) lewd / profaine

I wasn't suggesting or thinking for one moment that this was a 'remover' - just meaning that it can get difficult.

however .....

(B) lewd / profaine

I really do hope that you are not discriminating against Loz and Wildrnes on account of a few smutty innuendos!!! :winky: :whistling: :D

I tried to be very careful on this thread, since when it comes to religon people generally have very strong beliefs (inlcuding anti-religon)..

Me, I try and be very open minded, I have no specific beliefs or bias, do I believe in g.o.d?... I really don't know...

I do believe that churches should be non-profit organisations, and I feel very strongly that evangelists (mainly US TV ones) do not present a good image of religon...

I do however know.. this man was very lucky to survive being stung by a Box jellyfish, and if this experience has given him faith which he wants to share.. good luck to him..

Personally... I think I'll wait for my own epiffany... rather than deciding on someone elses.

If you feel lead to support the ministry financially we certainly do appreciate it. If you do feel to send us a love gift, please send it in the form of either a cheque or money order to the following address:-

Ian McCormack

Old Thatch

School Lane

Barcombe

East Sussex

BN8 5DS

United Kingdom

sorry forgot to put quote before and after the bit i had pasted from javedudes link if you had read my previous entry you would see that i am a non beliver and would never promote the church or any religous activities . i also agree with an earlier post that most wars are over religous matters so have no time for any of it.

and finally thank you matthew for being the only person to read the thread before jumping to conclusion's

Any invitation to support his ministry is intended for Christians. Ian McCormack's talk is free. There will be an offering during the talk but that's intended for Christians who are there.

Churches are like anything else that offers a product or service. If you want to be a part of it then you need to recognise that someone has to pay the rent and the minister's salary.

If you're not a Christian and you're just going along to see what its all about or even if you are a very new Christian then supporting the church is not something we want you to be bothered about. (BTW Just by being christened or occasionally going to church doesn't make you a Christian so that lets you off the hook.) It's for established Christians who have devoted their life to G.o.d and want others to find out about the same life improving choice to follow him. Its a bit like the Gold members who support the Lexus Owners Club.

BTW I announced the offering yesterday at church and as we had lots of visitors along for (adult) baptisms I made a point of saying that if your not a christian then don't worry about it.

:)

lexussport - nice to have you still around!

To avoid people blaspheming by taking his name in vain and possibly offending someone (in addition to G.o.d himself!). There is a dictionary of words which are automatically censored.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links