Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

157 Mph Caught On British Roads!

Loz

anyone seen a film called" Ghostrider"???? guy over taking a car in the outside lane between car and barrier!!!!!!!! and at 180mph!!! :blink: :duh:

those of you with adsl can get it quickly on Kazaa.

Have to agree guys,although I've been riding myself since age 15 it only took a 70kph incident with a volvo 740 to cost me a shoulder(amoungst other things) and wipe off 3 1/2 years of my life to recover(and not fully at that!)

I,ve slowed down somewhat since....tho there are the occasional track days.....time and place-and public thoroughfares are not one of them!

(note) still not conned myself into the F4 vince!

Regards,

gav B)

I've always wanted a bike.....but the lack of a metal case, impact bars and airbags has always made me think twice!

I know you would say, just drive it safely....but there is no accounting for what other idiots on the road might do!!

That guy is a big time thrill seeker....not too sure that he'll be doing it that way for much longer now!!

Loz Posted on Jul 15 2003, 07:37 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just heard on the news about a guy on his motorbike who got clocked at 157mph overtaking a lorry.

I just heard it too, apparently there was a second with him too, he clocked 149mph :blink:

Reckon I could get 200mph out of my old nitrous powered Yammy V Max. Never dared use the Nos on the road.

I used to ride GSXRS fast on the road and even had a GPZ750 Turbo that was quite quick. I reckoned I was driving as though someone as fast aS ME WAS COMING ROUND THE CORNER THE OTHER WAY.

In hind sight I reckon I was just being a node and should never have riden that fast.

Confession time.

On any given ( Dry ) Sunday. I could have been that fool that got caught throughout the summers of 1995-7 only reason not in 1994 when I got my licence was cos my bike would only do 130mph max....

Not bragging, just saying I used to be a numpty too. but I grew out of it. realised my responsibilities..call it what you will.

:zee:

Doing just 30 in a 40 limit on my old bike and i was hit side on by a car comming out of a junction... mile long straight rd and nothing else on there bar me.. (and he just had to go and hit me ) 28 stiches in foot severed nerves broken big toe ... now have only 40% movement in big toe and no feeling in top of foot. :excl: And that folks was 30mph.. the driver got 6 points

and £650 fine after confessing dangerous driving without due care and attention.. I got 10k in damages £300 of it was bike.. old cb125

jac

Doing just 30 in a 40 limit on my old bike and i was hit side on by a car comming out of a junction... mile long straight rd and nothing else on there bar me.. (and he just had to go and hit me ) 28 stiches in foot severed nerves broken big toe ... now have only 40% movement in big toe and no feeling in top of foot. :excl: And that folks was 30mph.. the driver got 6 points

and £650 fine after confessing dangerous driving without due care and attention.. I got 10k in damages £300 of it was bike.. old cb125

jac

See,

The Governmane is wrong, if you'd been doing 50 you'd never have been hit! :0

Sorry to hear of the accident, I used to ride a bike, but fancy one again!

Justin.

Fastest I've gone is 125 in a Scirrocco; it wouldn't go any faster.

From the video footage of the incident, I assume the donors looked up the road from the LHS of the lorry before overtaking on the right. Could easily have had a car doing the same speed as the lorry on the right.

Never met a biker with all his bits.

These sports bikes are too aero-dynamic ;) An R1 is good for 170mph+ , but drop an R1 engine into a sit-bolt-upright Fazer and you have the perfect solution... air resistance!! ;) Ballistic acceleration, but get above 70-80mph and you'd need neck muscles like Arnie to keep going :lol:

I personally believe that people who ride bikes tend to be more aware of them when driving their cars.

I've never had a serious bike accident but that may down to my Fireblade being nicked before I had a damn good chance to tan its *****.

One thing that does annoy me about this case is why put him in Jail. Arn't they overcrowded enough

I agree he should not have been sent down ,But i think he should have been banned for life 150mph on a crowded road is taking the :tsktsk: .sorry if this upsets anyone but anyone with such a disregard for life derserves no sympathy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links