Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Pride & Joy Has Been Damaged

Waiting for a disabled bay to become unblocked by a drinks delivery lorry at a local pub when eventually it did move (20 mins) I went to move the car and caught it on a post that was below the eye line of the car putting a huge dent into the door.

I am mortified. I have told them I am holding them responsible. My poor Lexie. Mike

2013-02-07120834-1.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear.... Bad news mate.

It might work out cheaper getting a second hand door rather than having tis one repaired and painted.

Very lucky it didn't take out the rear door.

Ouch, i feel your pain Bluesman i really do, but dont see how you can blame someone else for the fact that it was you who drove your car into the post?!

Even if their van/lorry was blocking the view of the post id say its still your responsibility to check that the path to the parking space is clear, by the look of where the post is i'd say you were parked in the bay to the right of the post and you drove in the the bay too sharpley clipping the post.

Like i said i feel your pain and i speak for everyone one on here that on-one would wish that on anyone friend or foe but to try and blame someone else i'd say your on to a loser there my friend sorry.

Ouch, i feel your pain Bluesman i really do, but dont see how you can blame someone else for the fact that it was you who drove your car into the post?!

Even if their van/lorry was blocking the view of the post id say its still your responsibility to check that the path to the parking space is clear, by the look of where the post is i'd say you were parked in the bay to the right of the post and you drove in the the bay too sharpley clipping the post.

Like i said i feel your pain and i speak for everyone one on here that on-one would wish that on anyone friend or foe but to try and blame someone else i'd say your on to a loser there my friend sorry.

No that isn't a parking space that I am parked in. Many years ago it was originally the road.

I realise its difficult to blame someone else but I can be forgiven after waiting 20 mins to get into the disabled bay that I forgot there was a post to my nearside under the hight of the door. As the pub manager said "Its been there for 20 years"

I have just got another door £39 on eBay (So I have had some luck could of waited weeks for one the right colour) for her my garage will fit it on next week.

As for blame, you have to blame someone, I thought the arrogance of the Chef & Brewer manager was outrageous so did his head office. We will wait to see what they say. Mike

Bugger......or words to that affect I imagine were muttered. Really sorry to hear your news.

I caught my wing on a low post last year so I know how you feel. For some reason it really bothered me that my Lexie was hurt, it has never bothered me when someone hit my old omega, its just a car I thought and no one was hurt.

Is the door from eBay the right colour as well?

Pete.

No that isn't a parking space that I am parked in. Many years ago it was originally the road.

I realise its difficult to blame someone else but I can be forgiven after waiting 20 mins to get into the disabled bay that I forgot there was a post to my nearside under the hight of the door. As the pub manager said "Its been there for 20 years"

I have just got another door £39 on eBay (So I have had some luck could of waited weeks for one the right colour) for her my garage will fit it on next week.

As for blame, you have to blame someone, I thought the arrogance of the Chef & Brewer manager was outrageous so did his head office. We will wait to see what they say. Mike

Spread the pain eh Mike - you dinked your car now you're dropping the pub manager in it with his boss :) Even if he was a bit rude that's a bit harsh.

My wife once took out both my near side doors on our house gatepost - took her two goes as well.

I could not understand why she was pXssed off at driving me about when I had been banned for speeding - something to do with missing her tee time.

It cost me a grand and I started using hire cars as a result - I suspect there was method in her madness.

Looks as if you got a good deal on a new door so a bit of luck there.

Bren

Spread the pain eh Mike - you dinked your car now you're dropping the pub manager in it with his boss :) Even if he was a bit rude that's a bit harsh.

My wife once took out both my near side doors on our house gatepost - took her two goes as well.

I could not understand why she was pXssed off at driving me about when I had been banned for speeding - something to do with missing her tee time.

It cost me a grand and I started using hire cars as a result - I suspect there was method in her madness.

Bren

There was alot more to the manager and their drivers part of the story who were abusive but didn't want to bore everyone with the entire drama. Drop him in it? He dropped himself in it. Mike

Bren

There was alot more to the manager and their drivers part of the story who were abusive but didn't want to bore everyone with the entire drama. Drop him in it? He dropped himself in it. Mike

Savage him then :)

What they will say is you "entered the car park and park your own car at your own risk!"

I know what your saying re the 20 min wait to get into a space but to try and blame the pub for your misstake is the bit i dont get?

If you drove your car into a lamp post at the end of the street would you blame the council for putting it there?

What they will say is you "entered the car park and park your own car at your own risk!"

I know what your saying re the 20 min wait to get into a space but to try and blame the pub for your misstake is the bit i dont get?

If you drove your car into a lamp post at the end of the street would you blame the council for putting it there?

If I had hit a lamp post which I could have seen quite clearly then I agree but this post is a little over 2 feet tall and cannot be seen once you are next to it and doesn't even show in the N/S mirror and that is what I am arguing about, also had the disabled bay not have been blocked for 20 mins then I would have driven straight into it without any problem. You bet I blame them. Mike

So your blaming the pub for the height of their post that you hit due to it being to low!

Also your saying that if the bay was not blocked that you would have drive straight in, then by your own admission you placed your car in a bad position to enter the bay, resulting in you hitting the post which means you didnt look!

I dont want to pee you off at all but i find the idea of you trying to "pass the buck" for your mistake a bit hard to swallow, yes if the post was higher you wouldnt have it hit, but why is it the pubs fault???

So your blaming the pub for the height of their post that you hit due to it being to low!

Also your saying that if the bay was not blocked that you would have drive straight in, then by your own admission you placed your car in a bad position to enter the bay, resulting in you hitting the post which means you didnt look!

I dont want to pee you off at all but i find the idea of you trying to "pass the buck" for your mistake a bit hard to swallow, yes if the post was higher you wouldnt have it hit, but why is it the pubs fault???

I wont waste my breath. Mike

Very sorry to hear your news.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

I dread that happening.

I know it's no consolation to you.

But I, and am sure others, will be that more careful next time we manoeuvre into parking bays in future!

You could do with some help from someone like that traffic and speeding offences lawyer "Mr Loophole", Nick Freeman?

I hope you get everything fixed quickly.

Argento

Also hit one of these wooden posts things, seems they make them all the same height! luckily it wasnt in my lex. new door if it was me, your lucky it was just the one door. if you can find just the panel shouldnt cost hardly anything, just the hassle of switching everything over....

Also hit one of these wooden posts things, seems they make them all the same height! luckily it wasnt in my lex. new door if it was me, your lucky it was just the one door. if you can find just the panel shouldnt cost hardly anything, just the hassle of switching everything over....

Thanks. I have managed to get a door right colour pick up tomorrow £40 in Coventry, which has the bonus of being able to pop in and see a long time friend I haven't seen in a while for lunch and an afternoon of some fantastic Blues.

My local garage will fit it. Shame it wasn't the other side as there is a dent there (done anonymously in a car park) Mike

Any excuse for a decent drive! I bet the whole episode was planned in advance to bring about a long overdue catch up with an old mucker. Lol.....love it

Very sorry to hear your news.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

I dread that happening.

I know it's no consolation to you.

But I, and am sure others, will be that more careful next time we manoeuvre into parking bays in future!

You could do with some help from someone like that traffic and speeding offences lawyer "Mr Loophole", Nick Freeman?

I hope you get everything fixed quickly.

Argento

Thanks. My friend I was meeting for lunch is not to dissimilar to the solicitor you are talking about and he has already hit their head office with a whole list of Health & Safety issues that were breached regarding the post and their property not to mention what was said regarding disabled people which is these days a crime. So I am very hopeful of a positive outcome. Mike

Any excuse for a decent drive! I bet the whole episode was planned in advance to bring about a long overdue catch up with an old mucker. Lol.....love it

Seems I cant pull the wool over your eyes anymore Pete.

Mike

It would have been perfect had you hit the dented door;-)

I just don't seem to get these things right. I must try harder. Mike

PS I'm smiling again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links