Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well...Tomorrow is the day that I finally get to collect my new car.

Been waiting since I bought it on Sunday night. That's long enough!

Really looking forward to the trip back, just hope its as good as I think it is!

Will let you know how I get on with that first drive..

Cheers folks

Keith

• Like 1

you lucky man, i'm picking up a 400 on Thursday so you'll be tinkering before me!

wonder if either of us gets more than £10 worth of petrol in the tank?

(its always bugged me when buying a used car that the seller usually ensures its almost empty of fuel.... especially as i once unwittingly sold a s500 with a full (£120) tank.... grrrrrrrrrr!)

she is a minter

i sold my mark 4 for a 430 in november but have just gone back because the ls430 is not smooth or quite enough and this one is in better condition than my previous 400

she is a minter

i sold my mark 4 for a 430 in november but have just gone back because the ls430 is not smooth or quite enough and this one is in better condition than my previous 400

Plus the LS430 only has a mild steel exhaust system instead of a full stainless steel one so no back boxes to replace unlike some other members I won't mention :D

Drive will be about 50 ish miles so not too far.

It's always bugged me a well, about the no petrol lark.

This car tomorrow is in a small village with no petrol station as far as I know, so I will have a can with me, just in case!

Hopefully it will be a nice drive.

i've got a 150 mile drive, so would need a big petrol can !

if its only got a dribble in the tank i'll be giving him £50 less than agreed, or getting the train home :D

I think that's fair enough. I bought mine from a guy in Redditch (and I live on the Sussex coast) but at least he put £30 in.

Lads i dont get the petrol issue , you buy aV8 you pay the price, my old 740i av 19 -25 ,RangeRover 2.5 diesell, 20-26,mazda b2500 diesel 20-25.LEXUS LS400 WORST low tyre presures 20 -23 most time 23-27,motorway -29-39, Do whats the problem. ps get a can of Cataclean you will be suprised

i've got a 150 mile drive, so would need a big petrol can !

if its only got a dribble in the tank i'll be giving him £50 less than agreed, or getting the train home :D

If you have a 150 mile drive to collect after veiwing and havent agreed for the car to have fuel in it when you agree the price then i dont think you can complain if its empty.

It's not the amount of fuel the car may or may not use.

I know that its going to use a fair amount, but not much more if any than my Mercedes W124 300E.

It's the fact that if you are 10 miles from a petrol station and there is 5 miles of fuel n the car when you arrive to collect it.... You have a slight problem, and the seller should realise that and make sure you can at least get to a filling staton !

Lol.. But It all adds to the fun and and excitement of collecting your new car...

I agree but you need to sort it as part on the sale agreement. If you don't I can't see how you can complain afterwards.

If I buy I allways specify a full tank and most sellers agree without increasing the price. If its not full then you can haggle on the price

I would be very interested in to know from all those who are complaining you should leave a full tank of petrol how much would and do you leave in the tank, and be honest.

Jigmaster Flash you have already admitted you left a tank full but only by mistake.

If you want a full tank of petrol with the car then you should include it with your negotiations because the seller has no law requiring him to do so.

As for demanding £50 off because he hasn't left you any petrol and if he doesn't give you that amount off you will walk, there's only one word for that sort of behavior "Outrageous"

I don't believe that Lexus drivers are that mean and I hope that Jigmaster Flash is just joking.

Mike

i'm not joking Mike, ive sold dozens of cars over the years and always made sure there was enough fuel for the buyer to get home. I really do believe its bad form not to. So i sort of expect the same courtesy in return.

There's enough to haggle about without bartering over enough fuel to get you home!

Call it outrageous/naive/old fashioned or whatever you like, i call it decency.

(btw, my old s500 i sold was for spares for £500, and picked up on a transporter, so thats why ive never got over leaving £120 worth of fuel in it!)

i'm not joking Mike, ive sold dozens of cars over the years and always made sure there was enough fuel for the buyer to get home. I really do believe its bad form not to. So i sort of expect the same courtesy i return.

There's enough to haggle about without bartering over enough fuel to get you home!

Call it outrageous/naive/old fashioned or whatever you like, i call it decency.

(btw, my old s500 i sold was for spares for £500, and picked up on a transporter, so thats why ive never got over leaving £120 worth of fuel in it!)

I get the courtesy bit and I respect you for that but with that thinking you are expecting all your car sellers to know that's what you always do and in all the cars I have ever bought the first thing I have to do is go to the petrol station. So I dont leave them with just fumes but I don't leave much in the way of petrol. Mike

As long as it will crawl to the garage that will do me.

I certainly would make sure that it would have ample petrol to get to where he can fill it up.

Nothing would destroy the feeling of picking up your new car more than running out of petrol at the end of his drive!

I would not be very happy, and if the positions were reversed I would expect him to be a bit miffed as well.

As long as it will crawl to the garage that will do me.

I certainly would make sure that it would have ample petrol to get to where he can fill it up.

Nothing would destroy the feeling of picking up your new car more than running out of petrol at the end of his drive!

I would not be very happy, and if the positions were reversed I would expect him to be a bit miffed as well.

Anyway, you're picking the new car up today so forget about petrol and enjoy!

Phil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links