Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Nissan Skyline Seen In Tokyo

GRiM

Just back form my recent visit to the land of the rising sun, and while there, spotted this..

It's the new Nissan Skyline. Styled (in my opinion) very much like the Nissan 350Z, and in fact uses the same VQ35DE 3.5L engine.

CIMG0239.sized.jpg

CIMG0240.sized.jpg

CIMG0238.sized.jpg

More Piccy's HERE

Wadaya think?

They've lost any connection with a saloon car, and it will surely be competing with the 350Z for the same customers. I drove an R34 4 door turbo Skyline as a serious alternative to the Altezza when we were deciding what to buy. Much better power but a harsh ride and cheap interior! So we have one Altezza and five Nissans in the family here!

Sad to say, it seems a typical Nissan cockup! :duh:

AM I really the first to point out that the front looks like the SC430?

nice looking car from the front then. but the rear is butt ugly! and certainly not becoming of a skyline. it has lost way to much of its bare knuckle street fighter appeal. you won't see the modders and street racers queuing up for that... not even got a rear spoiler...

:lol:

What a mixture...

Side roofline - Audi TT, rear quarter - Audi A4/Honda Accord

Front - Nissan 350Z with a bit of Lexus SC430

Rear - Nissan Sylvia.

Agreed, think the Skyline R33 was the best Q car (in normal guise) and the R34 was the most aggressive looking. They need to make it look meaner!

You can't compare this Skyline/Infiniti G35 with the hairy chested GTRs though - the new one of those will be a much more menacing beasty.

As a competitor for 3 series/C class/A4/IS buyers it is a pretty alternative (more so in coupe than saloon), which may just reach these shores in the next couple of years according to Car (along with the FX45 which is far nicer than an RX300).

The Nissan FX45 nicer than the RX...? Know which one I'd choose - sorry Nissan :sick:

nissan_fx45_f34_500.jpg

Besides, the FX45 is still a concept car, so it would be more fair to compare it with Lexus HPX concept. Hmmm... still wouldn't choose the Nissan :winky:

Lexus_01_HPX_concept.jpg

Think you're a bit out of date ;) , the FX45, and newer FX35 have been around a month or two now, and look like this:

012003fx45naiasvehicle.jpg

062003fx45naiasvehicle.jpg

Personally the chunky look of this SUV (and I don't normally like this kind of vehicle) works better for me than the disjointed angles and focus like rearend of the new RX.

I quite like the new Skyline, but prefer the aggressive styling on the older models. They should have kept those, released this one but called it something else. It reminds me of the SC430, so they could have aimed it at this type of market...

Just me two'penneth ;)

Yup, point taken about the FX45 - the finished product is softer & rounder than the concept version, so doesn't look as bad. The rear window styling has a hint of Almera about it?

What I like about the RX is that by altering the line of the rear side windows, they have got rid of that boxy jeep look that practically every 4X4 seems to have - why even the Merc M-Class and BMW X5 suffer from it.

Really not sure about this new Skyline though... the front end looks like they designed something and then melted it, to end up with something that wouldn't look out of place with a pair of eyes in Thomas the Tank! :ohmy:

Goodness... hark at me being all critical - I couldn't design a car to save my life! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links