Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stop Curbing Alloys?

oka97

Was just wondering if there's a way of protecting the outer edge of your alloys (from curbing!)..

I was thinking someone must sell like a clear hard plastic ring that would attach to the alloy via adhesive, as long as it was subtle it would be good I think..

Anyway, is there anything at all to protect your alloys?

Off topic but I lost one of my locking wheel nut covers, any smart ideas where to get some?.. :winky:

My wife drives though

That made me laugh. I borrowed my husband's estate car to collect a garden bench and put a tiny, tiny, minscule mark on the top of the bumper. After much, much going on about me never ever being able to use his car again, he misjudged getting into a car park and smashed the bumper on some railings :lol::lol::lol:

Off topic but I lost one of my locking wheel nut covers, any smart ideas where to get some?.. :winky:

Yeah. My car was in getting the wheels re-balanced (wasn't done in pre-car pickup routine) and I noticed one of the locking-wheel nut covers was missing. I phoned Lexus Newcastle but the said it must not have been attached when they received the vehicle.

I have no way of proving the cover was attached, and Lexus Newcastle seemed rather reluctant to offer any sort of customer service loyalty (like just get me another one).

I have no idea where to get one cover from. I believe you can buy a set of four locking wheel nut covers. There is another post about it somewhere but I tried searching for "wheel nut" but got no matching threads.

here's a tip:

you've all got adjustable side mirrors, point the left mirror right downwards when parking. it helps a lot and avoids the embarrasment of parking a posh motor a metre away from the kerb :-)

yeh thats wat i do, esp coz i park on a curve alot of the time

gets kinda annoyin though, i never forget to adjust them back and ill be drivin and look to my mirrors and see my wheels

here's a tip:

you've all got adjustable side mirrors, point the left mirror right downwards when parking. it helps a lot and avoids the embarrasment of parking a posh motor a metre away from the kerb :-)

Yup, I do exactly the same. The more expensive Lexus models (GS & upwards I guess) dip the mirrors for you when you engage reverse! B)

Was just wondering if there's a way of protecting the outer edge of your alloys (from curbing!)..

I was thinking someone must sell like a clear hard plastic ring that would attach to the alloy via adhesive, as long as it was subtle it would be good I think..

Anyway, is there anything at all to protect your alloys?

:lol: where the bugger that got yours, got his!

you can get some certain tyres with rim protectors built in,its just like an additional lip, i've got two on the front of mine and they work really well B)

Anyone got pixies of the protectors :question:

p.s. I used to get paranoid before but after a while and millions of "kerbing" got peed off and can't be ****d :blush::whistling: :winky:

I think my idea is good, putting a discrete clear (or silverish) hard plastic ring around the edge of the alloy, it would stop getting the alloys kurbed to a large degree..

You could spray it to match the colour anyway.

Can we get someone here to make 'em and sell it to us?

I think my idea is good, putting a discrete clear (or silverish) hard plastic ring around the edge of the alloy, it would stop getting the alloys kurbed to a large degree..

You could spray it to match the colour anyway.

Can we get someone here to make 'em and sell it to us?

:blink:

they may look a bit naff though :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links