Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I love my LS400 but I never get to travel in the back of the car. However, as I travel around for my job I do find myself sitting in the back and writing various bits and pieces on my computer. It is so comfortable back there! So, when the chance came to buy a full set of seats (front and back) for £75 I jumped at the opportunity. I swapped the front seat out of my car for the newer one, and I made this out of the back seats - Top Gear style.

Before the pictures which reveal all anything, please note that I'm a very amateur diy-er with minimal skills. Still, I was happy with the result and it is very sturdy and should last a while:

sofa4.JPG

And on the underside ...

sofa1.JPG

sofa2.JPG

Should have got the level out for this middle plank!

sofa3.JPG

One for the dog lovers out there ...

sofa5.JPG

And in situ in our conservatory, all clean and polished ...

sofa6.JPG

I'm going to cover the back with some fabric at some point.

Also, if anyone can advise me about the electrics I'd like to get the heated seats working off the mains electricity. There are four smaller plugs and one main plug but I'll need help to sort out what to do with all the various wires (3 in each plug).

Yep, all wood was from a dismantled bunk bed! Well spotted! In terms of fire risks, my mates a professional electrician. I'll wait for him to come back off holiday and seek his advice I think (don't want to burn the house down!)

You're going to make the ultimate electric chair then for when the mother-in-law calls for tea ???

Seriously, it looks brilliant, a full set of wheels and a small motor and you can go back seat driving with a vengeance.

Malc

• Like 1

Whilst loking at that it occured to me that this idea of comfort settee as been around a while .I was told when we bought our suite back in 2000 that the seats were designed around the then top class Saab. Could have bought a Saab for what that suite cost but it as lasted well.

post-11542-0-58141900-1376063446_thumb.j

Once the back/sides are covered you will have totally unique and comfortable seating for your conservatory.......great bit of improvisation.

You're going to make the ultimate electric chair then for when the mother-in-law calls for tea ???

Seriously, it looks brilliant, a full set of wheels and a small motor and you can go back seat driving with a vengeance.

Malc

Lol. I've now got two spare front seats, my old one and a spare passenger seat. So, perhaps there is another project in the pipeline!

That is superb. I would love to come and see that.. Fingers crossed, pick mine up Sunday.

Feel free to come over, have a coffee and chat and sit on the Lexfa (or Sofus?). Will be great to see your new car in the flesh too.

I've got to agree,a very good job and a Gold Blue Peter Badge me reckons :)

As for the heated section you will need a 12 Volt DC power supply with enough current, I'll look into it and work it out but I'm thinking a couple of LCD TV power supplies rated at 5A so 60 Watts per section.

What a great job. I can see how you managed to make and convert the seats but how did you manage to make those two dogs?

We do have some very cleaver people in the LOC. Mike

Well, I take no credit for the dogs, although there must have been some canine cleaving going on a couple of years ago (for the small one) and a bit later for the large one. Duke is a working clumber spaniel. Sadly, there were only a 100 or so registered last year with the Kennel Club. If you want a trainable, biddable, loving dog that is brilliant in a family (he swims, plays cricket and is just great fun) look no further. Working clumbers are the best breed of dog I've owned.

Well, I take no credit for the dogs, although there must have been some canine cleaving going on a couple of years ago (for the small one) and a bit later for the large one. Duke is a working clumber spaniel. Sadly, there were only a 100 or so registered last year with the Kennel Club. If you want a trainable, biddable, loving dog that is brilliant in a family (he swims, plays cricket and is just great fun) look no further. Working clumbers are the best breed of dog I've owned.

They both look great and a pair of right characters. I have my two Border Collies Ella (Blue Merle) who is blind & deaf from birth and Meg now 13 years and has just been found with a nasty looking tumor on her belly, but she is still full of life. Mike

So what MPG do you hope to achieve from your patio or is that up for an LPG first :devil:

Great job though, well done, i think you may have started a trend on using Ls parts for furniture, who will be first for the coffee table Ls V8 i wonder

Great job though, well done, i think you may have started a trend on using Ls parts for furniture, who will be first for the coffee table Ls V8 i wonder

As I've got two spare front seats I might think about using the bottom of one as a foot stool. But I think the kids are eyeing them both up for use as chairs to use whilst playing playstation driving games, so that particular furniture project may have to wait.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links