Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introductions

SteveAudioX

I'm Rory

25, department manager in a big sports shop, I'm from Wigan

Single, hopefully find someone nice soon...

Had my 2000X Is200SE for a month, bought it for £6,500 and it already had a body kit and 18"chrome alloys on, which will be changed back to Lexus 17" when my tyres are all worn

Spent £399 on a private plate (not on the car yet), £85 on a new tyre after finding a split in the side wall, £55 on changing all the boy racer blue bulbs back to white, and £190 on new brakes, which is cheap and to be honest, they don't feel any better, but its got 57k on the clock, so i'll be takin it to Lexus Bolton for a full service at 60k, and regardless of cost, I will make sure its like new

beef-n-onion_24325952.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm Mary and have an RX400h too. As you are in the technical side of things can I ask if you have had proplems with the Bluetooth system? I have had the car for a year and it has always had slow connection and poor reception. The garage tweeked it after many complaints and got the reception better but now it keeps loosing connection. I am being told some mobiles phones don't work so well with the RX400i and there seems to be some evidence of this from oher info on the web - any ideas/thoughts. many thanks.

I'm Leland, aged 36 in Bedfordshire. In relationship with my lovely French other half, and we have one son aged 14 months, with another kiddie on the way. I've owned my IS200 from new since 2001 when I lived in France for four years, and have just bought an RX400h (now that we're firmly in the family way).

Having been previously involved in "big-boys-toys" (Three previous Italian sports cars with the "quadruped gramniverous" variety of badge, and one aircraft), I've grown out of these for now, so the RX400h is my attempt at thinking along more "practical" lines, rather than just for the gadgets (though I do have my fair share of gadgets on this car!).

I'm a telecoms/network/internet technical architect and technical manager/director, and have been in the industry for going on 16 years -- currently working for a large (incumbant) telco in the UK... (you can probably guess who...).

I'm also a licensed radio amateur (G0SZP) and involved heavily in the hobby, mostly along practical lines (operating and some experimenting) -- mostly HF CW and digital modes, as well as VHF/UHF FM and APRS. Have also held my private pilots license for a few years, and have found aviation a useful means of business travel.

I don't do any mods to my cars (at least not visible ones), since I simply love them as they are.

That's it for me I guess...

Leland

Hi i'm Richard i'm 21 and an accountant.

I've got an amazing girl friend, no kids as of yet will have sometime in the not so distant future.

Had my '02 IS200 sport for about 5 weeks and cost me £5700, is in mint condition with warranty, wouldn't change it absolutely love driving it.

No mod's as of yet but nothing major planned due to job, but a sport grill is coming at the end of the month.

Got my MOT on monday :unsure: so hopefully will go straight through fingers crossed. B)

• 1 month later...

I have an IS200 SE which I absolutely adore; I can't leave the front door without admiring it sitting on the drive!

I drive Eurostars for a living, so have no real need for speed in the motor, I bought it solely on looks and a reputation for reliability. Having found this forum though, I realise there's an enthusiastic following for the IS200 and I'm glad to be a part of it.

I'm married, to a girl from abroad, and luckily for me she agrees that the Lexus is a good looking car, so she let me have one!

I'm also a big fan of moneysavingexpert.com and suggest anyone who doesn't like big companies getting all their money without earning it properly should check it out.

I have already received a bit of help from fellow forum users, cheers Wozza, and look forward to trying to help someone else but with my limited mechanical skills, not sure how I'll be able to do that yet!

Cheers everybody, just off to the back garden for a Barby with some nice Leffe and some teriyaki pork steaks!

Nev

I'm from Bristol where I live with my girlfriend, we've been together for 4 yrs no kids...... yet!

I'm 25 and a Firefighter.

I've had my IS200 for about 3 weeks and i'm over the moon with it, no plans as yet to do any mods but that will more than likely change :D

I’m Ian, 43 for a few more days, and I joined the happy band of Lexus owners just a few days ago. I’m delighted with my IS300 SportCross. My last rear wheel drive car was a Triumph Dolomite and since then, it’s been front drive all the way (MG Metro, Rover 216 (x2), Rover 220 (shame about the head gaskets) and most recently a thoroughly reliable and very comfortable Honda Accord). The Lexus is fun!

I now live in Derby, having returned here at Easter after 5 years living in Helensburgh on the beautiful west coast of Scotland (and mostly working in Glasgow). Apart from the car, my garage is home to a Honda VFR which has been my pride and joy for nearly 7 years and has recently been joined by a Honda Pan European – the perfect bike for long trips! The mountain bike lives in there too. So, while the garage is crowded, the house is pretty quiet most of the time – just me! But I do have 2 boisterous nephews who invade from time to time and a Godson who lives just round the corner.

For my job, I’m an Engineer by degree and training, but it’s so long since I got my hands dirty that I have forgotten almost everything I ever knew – which makes me perfectly qualified to work as a Project Manager in the rail industry.

Here's the fleet:

picture006alg9.jpg

picture025ub5.jpg

95550654xf8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Guess I should stick my two cents in.

Hi, I'm Keith (for those of you who don't know me), got my username from 2 reasons, 1, it's partly my surname and secondly I'm always being outwitted by roadrunners lol!

I'm 25, not married, no kids. Frankly can't stand the little b******s so probably for the best. My last girlfriend gave me an ultimatum 'it's either me or your precious car' to which I replied 'close the door quietly on your way out'.

I've owned my 2005 Lexus IS auto for about 4 months and just adore it

I've only spent around £300 on mods, after buying an alarm that'll probably be about it. I don't hugely modify cars because I'm a big one for subtlety. I think something that's subtle and classy is far sexier than something thats loud and in your face.

My job? I have 3, I'm part of the A&E team at a local hospital and I also work as a charge nurse in the PCT. I also have my own business working as a professional landscape and glamour photographer and photography lecturer. Never dull!

I am a trained advanced driving instructor and knowledgable in escape and evasion driving and anti-terrorism driving.

Well, that's me.

Keith

I'm Rick and have become a Lexus owner for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Bought a '96 GS300 Sport. Loving it so far, and certainly more comfortable than my dropped BMW '92 325 Coupe that I have been driving for the previous 7 years. Hoping that japanese reliabilty will spoil me like the BMW did. I do a lot of miles, living in Derby at the weekends and in Dorking, Surrey during the week. Plus a commute to Basingstoke for work. In total I covered 210,000 miles in the 325, she is sat on the drive in partial retirement now with 278,000 miles on the clock. Not sure what I will do with her next as she isn't worth a great deal at that mileage.

I am an ex RAF radar tech so my trade is an electronics engineer. Although since leaving the RAF in 1998, I have been an analyst/programmer mainly in the finance industry.

Hobby wise it is mainly tinkering with the car and maintaining the many fish tanks I keep, hence the username. Great to be here on the forum, looks like a place packed with knowledge which I am sure I will be calling on :winky:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The names James (Jim) im 23 and live in the sunny garden of england.

Got a son named billy hes 3+ 1/2 yrs old and i love him to bits.

only just got a lexus my previous car was a turbo mini but loving the change much more refined and luxurious.

got lots of plans for the car so keep an eye out over winter ;)

jim..

• 2 weeks later...

i guess its my turn :)

Im AJ, 23 yrs old, Im in a IT Consultant for "the largest IT company in the world", and work more on a motorway then i do in an office.

Im single, no wife or kids.... [thank *** :P ]

My T plate IS200 is my 5th car, and only marginally the best car of the lot, my previous Bora 2.3v5 comes very close behind.

Had the IS since Feb, bought it 2nd hand for £4800, and have spent £2,149.91 [calculation thanks to http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/183037.html ]

Mods so far.... just the one a Sport grille.

Im looking to sell the car and buy a Black IS200/300 Aero Navigator in the near future, to really go modding mad with.

In terms of forums, this is my first real forum that im a part of, ive been an internet user for many years, but never actively participated in any forums.

So, thank you LOC :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Jason

I'm 28, single but looking for the right person:whistling: , no kids but looking to adopt in the next year or so, live on my own in Basingstoke. I am the Training Manager for a software company in Bracknell, and i teach Microsoft, and also some personal development (stress management, assertiveness, stuff like that).

I have had my IS200se for nearly 2 years, and have spent a whopping £3500.00 this year alone - NOT on mods i might add :tsktsk: . That's compared to £450.00 last year! But i still love my car! :wub:

My hobbies are cars, walking, cars, rally driving (been years tho), cars, amateur dramatics, cars, writing, and did i mention cars? :hehe:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, i'm Dan from Newcastle

I'm 20 years old (youngest Lexus owner on here? :lol: ) and single with no kids

Work as a Junior Civil Engineer for a small consultancy company, and am also at uni part time doing a BEng in Civil Engineering

Had my Lexus IS200SE Nav for a week now, its been the first prestige car I've ever owned and have to say I love it!

The Lexus is standard for the moment but is booked in for an ICE and Multimedia install at the end of the month

My hobbies mostly revolve around drinking and Mk2 Golf project car (bought the Lexus to use for work so I can keep the Golf mint)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm Ryan, i'm 21 and i'm from Crewe.

I am a TV/hi-fi salesman who works in Newcastle-under-lyme. I still live at home with my mother but I do have a girlfriend, Amy, who I have been with nearing a year now. I drive a Lexus IS200 Sport. I also own a Citroen saxo VTS & a Peugeot 205 GTi. I love my cars, drink & my girlfriend. Thats about it! :D

Well I have been a member on here for a couple of years so I thought I better let you all know what's what.

My name is Jim and I live in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire. I'm 31 years old now and have been with my partner now for 8.5 years. Also the proud owner of two Guinea Pigs and a gold fish. I am a driving instructor and spend most of my day driving around Bishop's Stortford,Harlow, Stanstead, Hertford, etc in a silver Nissan Micra automatic. I'm qualified to teach both manuall and automatic. I really wanted a Yaris as a driving school car to keep under the same motoring family tree but for those who have driven the MMT you know it's absolute :tsktsk: .

First Lexus was a 2001 GS300 and now have a 2004 LS430 and for the love of all things that are holy, don't buy anything in Astral Black as it's a right mare to keep clean. Even if you do think it makes you look like an Italian gangster.

I've not got much on the hobbies front as I'm too knackerd most of the time to do anything but am looking forward to JAE in Essex.

I have just registered.

I dont have a lexus but am looking to buy an older one for a few grand to try them.

If they are as good as their reputation I will buy a newer one.

I am an Enginer so want to get the "feel" of the cars.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!!

Ok were to start...without making this read like an advert on a dating website :lol:

Im 20 live in Derby...well the outskirts. No Kids and no partner so nothing to add there....

Ive always been into my jap cars from a young age....1st car was N/A impreza...dad had the big boy tubby so only natural that I wonted something similar so we made a n/a look like a tubby...then I lapsed and brought a GT TDI MK 4 Golf...everyone had one, so it had to go....then brought and still have a white FTO but fancied something a little posh-er so there came the lexus..which I have to say im very pleased with.

Anyways im sure ill meet some off soon, if there is any local meets etc :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm well suppose ive been here a while i may aswell introduce myself

Im jack :) 23 years young, soon to be 24 (next month). From belfast northern ireland :)

Been Working on mercedes lorrys since i was 18 now fully qualified.

Im the guy who'll stand out in a crowd :) Love my mad hair cuts, piercings and am very loud and friendly

Im a jap car man threw and threw, bought my is200sport about 3 months ago and im loving it.

Im on 4 other forums being crx owners forum, civic sports club, and jon44w.com and this is by far the best forum ive been on, everyone is so helpful and friendly :)

Thanks for having me folks :)

Anyone wants to know anything else feel free to go on my bebo :) PS if your on it, drop me a comment

http://Grease-monkey1984.bebo.com

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links