Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Who's Interested............

Scorpion

Well after much debate from me and on behalf of the club i MAY have persuaded my mate to

put the FULL CLOSURE in kit form.Now if he will do it, everything will be supplied and probably

with a diagram and technical support, the only snag is that if people take this up YOU will

have to do some soldering and if its not done right he will not take responsibility!!

(this may be supplied with a detailed photo where to solder)

Doing it this way YOU save on labour but you do need some technical abilities.

Now obviously he wont do it for just 1 or 2 people

So just to gauge interest who would be SERIOUSLY up for it!!!!

Cheers

Pete

Also this will be available(hopefuly)to IS200/300 owners club members.

Nope - not yet. I wasn't happy with the current drawn by the windows if they are up, no pulse sensors and the cogs being part nylon/part metal. (strain). I'm sure he has progressed it further and used current sensing. I've moved on to the composite-RGB converter for the inbuilt SatNav for now.

Not much point in me continuing with it. No need to re-invent the wheel!

Not much point in me continuing with it. No need to re-invent the wheel!

There is if this current solution is not current sensing. Unless it is I wouldn't recommend anybody using it as you could end up with very large repair bills if your motors/gearing fail in a year or two after installation.

Fargo quoted: put me down... if the price is right, and if the current sensing issue is sorted

Paul,your right to ask this and i will try and get more info for you but the present car its

on has been done now for about a month and is used daily and he has had NO problem

with it,but next time i see him i will bring up the question you raised

Oh did i mention it will be on mine in time for the somerset meet.......... :whistling:

and i'll bring the lights with me.

B) B)

Guys - didn't mean to cause doubt.

I was explaining why I never persued it. The current sensing isn't difficult to do and I'm sure it will be built in. It's just awkward getting it right. Too sensitive and the windows stop when the rubber is tacky in the summer, too high and there is danger of long term damage. I then got a few new contracts which took most of my time, then got sidetracked by the composite-RGB converter, etc.

I never put it on hold it because I doubted it could be done reliably, it was mainly because time is an issue for me and the RGB converter appealed to me a bit more.

If Pete's mate has sussed this without digrams, then he obviously knows his stuff and I'm sure he will be happy to put your minds at rest.

Geoffers,thanx for that?

If anyone is in doubt over this,or you all think it needs more testing time

then thats fine,we will do that, but as i said so far there has been no issues

with it at the moment it all works fine.

This post is for people that understand it more than i do so if you have any

questions or doubts i will pass them on.

The only problem i can see is how to show people were to solder?

but i'm sure he will get round that.To put it into a "kit form"is an idea

i had to pass this on to you lovely people in the club.(the things i do for you guys)

B) B)

If this is total closure then sounds good.

As far as soldering goes, a couple of photos to show people what it should look like would be invaluable.

For us who are in the know, would there be a schematic available, just so we can source our own parts and make it ourselves??

Good work though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links