Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok,,, was Driftin....again today at Matchams Park, near Bournmouth, bloomin fantastic day, JasonL came down with a couple of friends....did some filming, just as i was changing to some new tyres........

and the tyres were crap, all morning i was doing some decent runs.....even the pros said it was coming together, but these bloody bridgstone potenzas..... :tsktsk: .....the nankangs were 200% better :driving:

anyway, was a brilliant day....then it had to happen, something had to break :ohmy:

The Caliper fractured, locking the front right wheel as it rode up on the disc, just as a run was finished....which was darn lucky!!

looks like it was a fault, that was already in the mounting lug........ :angry: ...will be speaking to supplier....there bloomin good calipers aswell, so hopefully all will be sorted soon enough.

so not really a bad day...just a slight hicup :)

caliper problem solved......supplier is sending replacement calipers that have been re-engineered giving the mounting points more material, made from 7075 grade aluminum..which is a far stronger material :)

the ones i have now are going back.....hows that for a quick solution...excellent service

i still have full confidence in the calipers, and knowing theres a stronger version now available would recomend them even more! :driving:

Looks like its coming together. the 3sge lump is looking even more tasty with the plan of an a'pexi addition. Any reasons why you are going for a'pexi? and not for example HKS with their D1 promo altezza?

So what is the weight of the flywheel?

dunno weight mate...not got it off yet...was a bit rushed with trying to get the engine off the trailer....and then sorting the brake caliper problem.

regarding the turbo kits...by all accounts, the Apex-i is the crudest designe, but the one producing the most boost/hp....without the need for all these other fancy bits.

regarding the HKS, it seems very expensive for what it is!

im trying to find more info on the TRUST kits......

im aiming for a reliable 300-350, also using stand alone ecu to run everything.....im in talks at the moment with EMERALD, who recon they can help me with my needs....lets see

Emerald... ;)

Apexi's is defo one of the better options, HKS involves moving the radiator which i found to be awkward.. Plus the price? lol...

TRUST turbo doesn't have much output... ppl are getting 260hp in most cases at the wheels that i know of in Japan...

do you anyone within EMERALD........

as for radiator issues, im hoping to V mount the radiator, and intercooler.....unfortunatly, this requires custom radiaotor, and intercooler

V MOUNT....intercooler top, radiator bottom (1)

same car...different view

not sure if this has ever been done on an IS200/altezza...should be intresting :duh:

was at silverstone again on Monday.....much better day..had to retire early with a check engine light.......ecu problem

heres some pics.....thanks to http://www.desimage.co.uk for the pics

lexus_2_001.jpg

Bloomin Cones........

lexus_1_001.jpg

Edited by Monster-Mat

Looking good Mat, think I would roll my motor with the Airbag setup :blink:

Don't suppose I can have ago in yours huh??? :lol:

Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No? Yeah / No?

NO - ok :D

was at silverstone again on Monday.....much better day..had to retire early with a check engine light.......ecu problem

heres some pics.....thanks to http://www.desimage.co.uk for the pics

lexus_2_001.jpg

Bloomin Cones........

lexus_1_001.jpg

Mat that is some serious lock!!!!

looks like you were going at some fair speed too - Laura is ace at the media thing, makes you look like a pro (apart from the bright orange witches hat)

:zee:

• 1 month later...

well......a Turbo conversion needs something...

a TURBO, since i was totally happy with the twin GT2835's as fitted to the monster, i thought.....thats the one ill go for.

3195_HKS_1401_RA093_GT2835_52T_87_NEW_b_001.jpg

3250_Gt2835_turbo_run_5000km_good_con_good_bearing_T3.jpg

now just need the maifold...........and about 100 other bits before i can start the build :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links