Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After About 7 Ls400S It's Time For A 430

My 'new' Lexus.

Always wanted a 400 in this colour and never succeeded.

I guess the 430 will do then :)

118k miles

Timing belt done at 103k

Full service history

Pretty much immaculate inside and out

post-26221-0-97162500-1426185588_thumb.j

post-26221-0-93766500-1426185604_thumb.j

OooooooooooooooooooAAaaaaaaaaaaHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Why couldn't we have cars like this when we were young and single? What a fantastic looking car well done and enjoy.

• Like 2

OooooooooooooooooooAAaaaaaaaaaaHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Why couldn't we have cars like this when we were young and single? What a fantastic looking car well done and enjoy.

Speak for yourself! I was 'only' 34 when I got my Citroen DS23!

My last Ser 4 was this colour.

Speak for yourself! I was 'only' 34 when I got my Citroen DS23!

My last Ser 4 was this colour.

I must be alot older than you. They had only just done away with the man walking in front with a red flag (joke) when I started driving. Mike

Oh nice Ian. A good day today to take your new toy out. Tomorrow supposed to be nice as well.

and yes Chris....I will keep you posted :)

Thanks guys :)

Of course I bought this car unseen - I never learn :(

Even though the car is very nice, I have come across a few faults.

-The steering wheel tilts down but not up - the top half of the wheel blocks my vision so I can only see if I do 50 or 140 mph :)

-The passenger side door speaker crackles badly

-The sub is pretty much dead apart from the occasional fart

-The rear passenger door does not open from out- nor inside (replacement door lock mechanism in boot, but I reckon that'll be a job and a half to get the door card off with the door closed)

- The Mark Levinson unit does not remember the sound settings (bass, treble etc)

I hope I won't find anything else :msn-oh:

That car has been in my watch list for a while.as its been relisted a few times,issues with private plate or something.

Defiantly the best colour combo :)

Heres a 400 in that colour ish ......................http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371276655279?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

would that rear door be an MOT fail item. No knowing when it failed of course.

Check its MOT history on DVLA, if it failed at one MOT for door problem and then was taken elsewhere and passed,(through poor diligance) it may give you some rights?

I have learned it was not very good idea to go from LS400 to LS430 but too late now :D

Speakers and sub are fixable, but i do not think You will be able to get the door card off while the door is closed.

ML not remembering settings- i've had the similar problem with LS400 system and it was because water leak in the boot- Satnav cd unit in the boot turned out to be water damaged. If possible, try to swop with another unit (any forum mebers near you?) and this way you will know for sure.

I did manage to get the door card off. Well, I managed to get a big enough gap at the top to be able to get my hand in and pull the cable to unlock the door.

New lock / actuator mechanism fitted and all is working perfectly again :)

1 thing less on the list

oh and 'fixed' the tilt motor issue too.

Not exactly fixed, but took the steering wheel and shaft off, manually wound the tilt motor up so at least it's not blocking my view anymore..

The sub will need a repair as the foam/rubber ring has completely let loose

Will have a look at the door speakers tomorrow

• Like 1

Never bought a car yet that dont need a few issues sorting, my mk3 had a few but at under a Monkey i was not concerned :)

Soon sort that list Rudy B) then it will a cracker :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links